Forum Home» Savings & Investments

Ulster Bank: Easy Access Savings Account at 1.25% pa - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Ulster Bank: Easy Access Savings Account at 1.25% pa

edited 6 August 2017 at 9:54AM in Savings & Investments
500 replies 80.5K views

Replies

• steve65esteve65e Forumite
    154 posts
    retiree wrote: »
    As I write, the online application sticks on the very first question: 'Would you like a sole or joint account?'

Try changing browser. I had that using Opera, but it worked with Firefox.
  • retireeretiree Forumite
    108 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Thank you, steve65e. I couldn't get it with Firefox, but it is working with IE.
  • StompaStompa Forumite
    8.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I applied this morning, but oddly wasn't asked for any ID info (passport number etc.). I was expecting at the very least I'd get some sort of application acknowledgement email, but have heard nothing. Is that normal?
    Stompa
  • darren72darren72 Forumite
    1.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Stompa wrote: »
    I applied this morning, but oddly wasn't asked for any ID info (passport number etc.). I was expecting at the very least I'd get some sort of application acknowledgement email, but have heard nothing. Is that normal?

Yes - I thought the same.

The confirmation screen was very vague too. A few days later I received an e-mail asking for me to upload my ID to their website.

Another few days later (today) I've just had an e-mail saying my account has been approved and will be opened shortly.
  • StompaStompa Forumite
    8.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    darren72 wrote: »
    Yes - I thought the same.

The confirmation screen was very vague too. A few days later I received an e-mail asking for me to upload my ID to their website.

Another few days later (today) I've just had an e-mail saying my account has been approved and will be opened shortly.

Thanks. Hopefully they won't ask for any ID, as I don't have any!
    Stompa
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • glider3560glider3560 Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Opened online last night, received sort code and account number immediately. Made a £1 Faster Payment. Noticed today a credit on my bank account "REJECTED FASTER PAYMENT".

How soon should I be able to make a payment? Seems odd giving an account number that you cannot pay into!

• colstencolsten Forumite
    14.9K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glider3560 wrote: »

How soon should I be able to make a payment? Seems odd giving an account number that you cannot pay into!
    Wait until you can see the account online. That should happen within a working day.

If you haven't got an Ulster card yet, you might also want to wait until you get that, as you won't be able to make any withdrawals without a card.
  • veryintriguedveryintrigued Forumite
    3.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ulster's Online banking has the great advantage of being like Tescos in that once you've set up a payment you can use those payment instructions from any Ulster account you have on your online banking.

Negating the need for multiple payment set ups to one destination.
  • buffmanbuffman Forumite
    429 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    10 days after having ordered my card reader, I am still waiting for the card and reader. Have received a PIN though. What are others' experiences?
  • steve65esteve65e Forumite
    154 posts
    I haven't received anything from them by email or post, but my account has just appeared online (2 working days). There is, however, a secure message asking me to print off and return a customer signature form.
    It all seems a bit random so far.