Forum Home» Savings & Investments

Ulster Bank: Easy Access Savings Account at 1.25% pa - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Ulster Bank: Easy Access Savings Account at 1.25% pa

edited 6 August 2017 at 9:54AM in Savings & Investments
500 replies 80.5K views

Replies

• SystemSystem
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Morus193 wrote: »
    Would this account appear and work on the RBS app if opened?

No, It's just another bank within the RBS group (like NatWest)
  • buffmanbuffman Forumite
    429 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I have just opened up a new eSaver. Process took about 5 minutes. I immediately received my account number and was able to register for online banking. However on accessing my online banking, I discovered that my new account was not yet visible. Does anyone know how long this will take? Their customer service department says 6 days!
  • bob792bob792 Forumite
    109 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts
    buffman wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long this will take?

I opened my account the evening before last. I could login yesterday morning but not access any account details. It's all up and running this morning and I've ordered my card reader so I can move money out - looks like it provides faster payments out to multiple accounts.
  • tg99tg99 Forumite
    817 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Mine was visible the next day.
  • derrickderrick Forumite
    7.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone managed to open this without a passport? Mine has expired, (3 years ago and no intention of renewing).

I tried yesterday and despite saying on a couple of pages UK DL acceptable there is no way to input it on the application form.

I tried yesterday on the phone and online chat, they say they are aware of it but could not help.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • eskbankereskbanker Forumite
    15.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    derrick wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to open this without a passport? Mine has expired, (3 years ago and no intention of renewing).

I tried yesterday and despite saying on a couple of pages UK DL acceptable there is no way to input it on the application form.

I tried yesterday on the phone and online chat, they say they are aware of it but could not help.
    ....as is anyone else who read post #7 above!
  • Wheres_My_CashbackWheres_My_Cashback Forumite
    3.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Account opened in 5 mins online, could immediately login, though account details were not not available to show until after the overnight run at 0200. 2 x FP sent today and both were visible instantly.
  • SystemSystem
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    They use RBS systems, so I'm wondering why people are so surprised they operate in a similar way i.e. not a Micky Mouse bank like RCI

NI have a their own version of the DVLA so their system may only be setup for that DL format.
  • bigadajbigadaj Forumite
    11.5K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heng_Leng wrote: »
    They use RBS systems, so I'm wondering why people are so surprised they operate in a similar way i.e. not a Micky Mouse bank like RCI

NI have a their own version of the DVLA so their system may only be setup for that DL format.

Not Micky mouse as in solvent?
  • colstencolsten Forumite
    14.9K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Great, but I bet if I transfer my money, they'll drop the rate, just like West Brom BS have!
    Just don't do it then. Thanks ;-)
    fwor wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Ulster Bank uses Faster Payments for transfers out of the account?
    It's FP in and out. You need to have a debit card or an Anytime Internet Banking card (and one of those interchangeable card readers) to set up a payee. Daily withdrawal limit is £20k, where Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holiday form part of the next working day.