Ulster Bank: Easy Access Savings Account at 1.25% pa

Options

Comments

• soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tom99 wrote: »
    Opening this savings account is an absolute joke. After faffing around with numerous letters, emails and texts for the past 6 weeks, I finally get the PIN for the card reader today.

The only trouble is the PIN does not work!

So after a long phone call a new card and PIN will be with me in 7-10 days time.
    You're ahead of me... June opened.. now have 3 card readers... but not had a card or pin yet.

I know I can use their very long winded telephone banking in the event I need to access the cash though, so not unduly bothered.

For info, if anyone else is in the same boat..
    They haven't been able to resolve the (not)Anytime(soon) banking card problem so I've opened a current account in the hope that when I eventually get the debit card it will work with the reader for the savings ac too.
  • Rollinghome
    Rollinghome Posts: 2,676 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tom99 wrote: »
    So after a long phone call a new card and PIN will be with me in 7-10 days time.
    I applaud your confidence in Ulster Bank. :)
  • Marksfish
    Options
    Surely they only need to reset the pin and send a new notification, not both?
  • anyinterest
    Options
    It's been over 5 weeks since I applied for E Savings account. The PIN arrived yesterday for the Card Reader. As instructed I inserted the Anytime Card in to the Reader to change the PIN. Entered the PIN several times which doesn't work and now I'm blocked so phoned the bank. Waited 30 minutes and couldn't get through! Tried the online chat and eventually was told I need a new PIN and Anytime Card which will be posted. So now will have to wait another few weeks! Why have they made what should be an easy process so difficult and frustrating?
  • richy4
    richy4 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    To add to your frustration, I strongly suggest you check your credit report.

They'll have HARD credit checked you.

So maybe don't be too hasty to just close down your account, after they've stung you badly may as well use it!
  • soulsaver
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    You're ahead of me... June opened.. now have 3 card readers... but not had a card or pin yet.

I know I can use their very long winded telephone banking in the event I need to access the cash though, so not unduly bothered.

For info, if anyone else is in the same boat..
    They haven't been able to resolve the (not)Anytime(soon) banking card problem so I've opened a current account in the hope that when I eventually get the debit card it will work with the reader for the savings ac too.
    Finally... Debit card for new current ac arrived with the pin (in same post) today & I can activate the card reader & FTAOD works with the saving ac, too.

:eek: it's been a struggle...

Anyone know how to change pin with the reader, save me going to an ATM?
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,811 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    The letter with the PIN on it should have a section with the title "Changing your PIN" which, unsurprisingly, describes in detail how to change your PIN (using the card reader).
  • soulsaver
    edited 6 September 2017 at 10:45PM
    Options
    fwor wrote: »
    The letter with the PIN on it should have a section with the title "Changing your PIN" which, unsurprisingly, describes in detail how to change your PIN (using the card reader).

Mine doesn't.
    It has a section on it headed Change Your Pin...
    where it says, "You can change your pin through any Ulster Bank, RBS or NatWest ATM"

Perhaps you'd be good enough to look at yours, then and post up the process?
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,918 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    Mine doesn't.
    It has a section on it headed Change Your Pin...
    where it says, "You can change your pin through any Ulster Bank, RBS or NatWest ATM"

Perhaps you'd be good enough to look at yours, then and post up the process?
    It sounds like this option is only available for the anytime card and not the debit card. I have my PIN and the letter says that the reader will give me an option to change the PIN.

When I receive my card I will post here again.
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,811 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    From what RG2015 says, it may only be an option with the Anytime card, which is what I have.

You can try it though - put the card in the reader, select the Menu key on the card reader and select PIN Change.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback