Poor credit rating - will i be accepted for dfs credit?!

Options
2»

Comments

• Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Megspegs31 wrote: »
    But why would it be counted as a default if i havent missed a payment or it hasnt ended?
    Thank you for those links, i used the top one and was a lot more useful than the one i used on experians website this morning.
    It looks like my hisory is good, no ccjs or late payments, im on the electoral role, i have my credit card showing on the file, it says i have made 1 credit application in last 12 months.
    Although it does say there is a default on one of my files (repaying a debt and have not missed a single payment) is says 'default/ended' but i have not finished paying it off and havent missed a payment so what does that mean?

You have already defaulted on the original terms of the agreement - hence why your account is now marked on your file as a default. It doesn't matter whether you haven't missed any debt repayments since, the fact is you missed the original repayment terms and that's all that matters.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • Megspegs31
    Options
    Ahhh right that makes sense thank you. Would that one thing alone make it likely i wont be accepted for the dfs credit?
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Ahhh right that makes sense thank you. Would that one thing alone make it likely i wont be accepted for the dfs credit?

Yes. A default is a very serious thing credit wise and often you can be declined for any form of credit for 6 years until it drops off.

Some lenders do tend to be more lenient than others and they are generally known as subprime lenders. Mainstream credit tends to be denied to those with a default(s) or at least possibly until 3/4 years have passed since the default was registered.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • demi95
    Options
    did you get accepted I'm in the same boat?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Which boat is that?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Which boat is that?

Titanic would be apt - sinking like credit "scores"...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure