Poor credit rating - will i be accepted for dfs credit?!

Options
Hi, i applied for a dfs sofa on the 19th june as im moving into my own flat, i assumed i would be accepted because i passed the credit check for the flat, but i checked my credit score on experian this morning and it said on it its unlikely i would be accepted for credit, but i was accepted for a barclaycard a couple of months ago. Im worried i wont be accepted by dfs now.
the finance company they are using is ikano bank.
Has anyone else got poor credit but still been accepted by dfs/ikano bank?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Megspegs31 wrote: »
    Has anyone else got poor credit but still been accepted by dfs/ikano bank?

That's not a question that has any useful answer.

Why do you believe you have bad credit? What data appears on your credit files?
  • Megspegs31
    Options
    When i checked my credit score on experian this morning it showed i had poor credit and said underneath 'you are not likely to be accepted for credit at this time' so thats all i have to go on really, i dont understand a lot about credit scores etc
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    All you need to understand about scores is they have no meaning or relevance. Ignore them.

Look at what data appears on your files so you can understand what the issue are.
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    If you applied for the credit 2 days ago, I'm assuming you did it in-store(?) - what did they say? Were you accepted or declined?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • Megspegs31
    Options
    Yes i did it in store, they just told me it would take up to 48 hours for the finance company to make a desicion and that i would get a phone call/text with the desicion. Although other people have told me they were accepted on the spot?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Megspegs31 wrote: »
    Although other people have told me they were accepted on the spot?

You've been referred - which means you need to wait to know if you've been accepted or declined.
  • Candyapple
    Options
    The free versions to check your credit files are below:
    Experian: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub
    Equifax: https://www.clearscore.com
    Call Credit: https://www.noddle.co.uk

What is your credit history like? Ignore the scores.

Do you have any late payments / defaults / CCJs?

Are you on the electoral roll (does it show on all 3 files?)

Do you have many other 'credit' accounts showing on your files such as bank account / mobile phone etc.?

How many credit applications have you made in the last 12 months?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • Megspegs31
    Options
    Thank you for those links, i used the top one and was a lot more useful than the one i used on experians website this morning.
    It looks like my hisory is good, no ccjs or late payments, im on the electoral role, i have my credit card showing on the file, it says i have made 1 credit application in last 12 months.
    Although it does say there is a default on one of my files (repaying a debt and have not missed a single payment) is says 'default/ended' but i have not finished paying it off and havent missed a payment so what does that mean?
  • Candyapple
    Options
    If you have a default that'll be the likely reason your application was deferred and will also probably cause you more issues down the line if you apply for credit elsewhere until the default drops off after 6 years from the date it was applied.

Nothing you can do now except to wait until you hear back from them.
  • Megspegs31
    Options
    But why would it be counted as a default if i havent missed a payment or it hasnt ended?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure