PIP zero points (Assessment report)

Options
13»

Comments

• IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    The earliest appointment is with a doctor that a lot of people including myself do not trust. He is in his 80s or 90s, he is deaf and he is known for messing up meds and misdiagnosing people. The good news is that he is retiring.

An 80 or 90 year old GP?

This is starting to take a familiar turn!
  • Magenta
    Magenta Posts: 2,133 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am not physically able to make a meal and 1 get them frozen ,readyto cook in the microwave from Wiltshire Farm Foods. They are not bad at all and perhaps it's something you could try Spider.
    Could I just ask you how old you are?
    Just to mention that on my Pip assessment report they stated that I am left handed (I am right handed but cannot use) and that I had no problems preparing and cooking meals!!
    They just write what they like....
    :smileyheaMagenta
  • Profligate
    Profligate Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Spideroftheweb,

It's not unusual to score 0 at the medical, and then to be awarded PIP at tribunal.

It's upsetting to have your health problems ignored/ minimised and inaccuracies stated as fact, but you've been given lots of useful advice above - read it and follow it.

Remember, PIP is not awarded cos you've got poor health &/or a disability alone...
    You only receive a PIP award if you score enough points on either the daily living activities or the mobility questions
    Here are the PIP descriptors again https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Documents/Advice%20(public)/PIP%20%E2%80%93%20table%20of%20activities,%20descriptors%20and%20points.pdf

I would focus now on writing a strong case for the Mandatory Reconsideration/ appeal, calmly and clearly correcting the inaccuracies on the decision letter .

I would also look carefully at the PIP descriptors, to see where i scored at least 8 points on the Daily Living Activities and/or where I scored at least 8 on Mobility (12pts for enhanced rates) - and state this.

Good idea to try to get help from Citizens Advice etc with this

Good luck
  • Profligate
    Profligate Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry, my link above doesn't work - not sure why. Hopefully this one will. About halfway down, talking about the descriptors, there's a link to download the 'table of activities, descriptors and points'
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/how-decisions-are-made/
  • SpiderOftheWeb
    Options
    First I want to say thank you to everyone on here for helping me with your advice that I will be looking but the problem is, I don't have anything to print out the MR form template that one of you guys sent me.

Also regarding the inaccuracies of the psychology report especially the one about my carer supposedly telling them that he/she felt like I could cook on my own. Well according to my carer it is a lie because he/she never said those things and that the lies was most likely conducted by my cousin's scumbag ex bf and a social worker who was working on a case that was meant to involve only my cousin and her at the time boyfriend since they were both living with us.

How am I ever going to get this info corrected?
  • dave030445
    dave030445 Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    First I want to say thank you to everyone on here for helping me with your advice that I will be looking but the problem is, I don't have anything to print out the MR form template that one of you guys sent me.

Also regarding the inaccuracies of the psychology report especially the one about my carer supposedly telling them that he/she felt like I could cook on my own. Well according to my carer it is a lie because he/she never said those things and that the lies was most likely conducted by my cousin's scumbag ex bf and a social worker who was working on a case that was meant to involve only my cousin and her at the time boyfriend since they were both living with us.

How am I ever going to get this info corrected?

Internet cafe just go on this site you wont have to log in and print it x
  • SpiderOftheWeb
    Options
    dave030445 wrote: »
    Internet cafe just go on this site you wont have to log in and print it x
    Unfortunately their are no internet cafes next to me.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No need to print out the MR template - just use it as a guide for the MR letter you will send to the DWP.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • XlordB
    Options
    I read these posts a lot and its good that people are trying to help. But the elephant in the room here so to speak is that nothing is being done about the liers and sham assessors who are continually putting us through hell. How is it that 1 year before you are due to renew your pip they can give you a "PIP review" and actually stop your pip 1 year before its even due to finish and the worst of it is its stopped due to lies on the "indepentant servces (atos)" assessors answers. Either the assessor isnt lying and the person who makes the decision is changing the assessors statements that are put down OR it is actually the assessors... the reason I mention it like this is because the assessor says they dont make the decision so if this is the case then the person that recieves this who is changing the statements for their own benefit is unable to be held responsible since nobody knows the name of the person other than the assessor.. which means the assessor also has aget out clause by stating they dont make the decision...

The elephant in the room is that this sham service is getting away with murder literally with absolutley no punishment or comeback.. people should be infurated about this not just sweeping it aside and thinking its ok because it can be appealed.. the process from start to finish has already caused enough suicides to put every person working in this service away for 70 years no parole.. the government havent even addressed the fact that the un has made a case for human rights abuse against our government yet absolutley NOTHING has been done about it. It seems people care more about money than people and this is absolutley disgusting it shows when you talk to anyone who is anim alright jack "upper" working class citizen with no disabilitys thinking that the disable are stealing their money..... it wil make no difference to these peoples wage packets or even taxes if our disabled were all culled off.. who will they blame then???. Personally im sick of it all sick of hearing about it sick of life sick of the fact they lie and stop your pip for reasons none other than to their own financial bonuses.. they pass the blame and take no responsibility.

When will the day come when people say enough is enough and do something about it.!
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I agree but the system is setup in a way that the assessors are not accountable.

Its all very clever, outsource to a private company so this prevents FOI requests and accountability. Then to further this the assessors themselves seem to have no accountability other than internal auditing to assess the quality of their work, but I think that auditing is primarily to make sure they not qualifying too many people rather than things like how often they get overturned by a tribunal.

What would be great is if a tribunal could fine the DWP, so them losing a case actually costs them money other than paying backdated money owed. But the tribunal doesnt have this power, and I have had a chair tell me that face to face saying he is very frustrated by it as they know the DWP takes advantage of the system.

As long as this practice is cash flow positive and pumps the ideology it will continue. The tribunal costs dont come out of the DWP budget so to them its not costly.

The DWP hiring ATOS, maximus etc is akin to a clean businessman hiring a thug to beat someone up, keeping his own hands clean.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure