Fineco Bank multicurrencies account

Options

Comments

• bristolleedsfan
    Options
    colsten wrote: »

What about WorldRemit? It's supposed to pay £50 for a first xfer of £200+. I have just done that one, £200+, E/R 1.14864 plus a £2.99 fee. It's supposed to pay £50 cashback but has only tracked with £15 for some reason so far. I am sure they'll adjust that to £50 eventually. WorldRemit tracking says the money is with the recipient bank (DKB in my case) though it doesn't show there yet, and I don't expect it will show for a few days yet as they are in the dark ages when it comes to Faster Payments.

I signed up to that earlier ended up leaving it due to country and phone number code being pre-filled with Italy and Italy dialling code, couldnt seemingly change it.

Quidco offer code knocking out the 2.99 fee, if click reveal code on its top listing for the offer.
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,024 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Did world remit a while ago and azimo recently when it was 50 for xfer over 250 however might equally have done 40 for 100 had it been available. Think it got to fineco within 24 hours. Note first azimo transfer has to be funded by bank transfer not debit card.
    I think....
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I signed up to that earlier ended up leaving it due to country and phone number code being pre-filled with Italy and Italy dialling code, couldnt seemingly change it.
    I just entered a random, hopefully invalid, phone number there. Wouldn't be the first time I mistyped a long number ;)
    Quidco offer code knocking out the 2.99 fee, if click reveal code on its top listing for the offer.
    DOH! I didn't see that one.
  • colsten
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Note first azimo transfer has to be funded by bank transfer not debit card.
    I was able to do it by debit card just now

Observation on the side: Azimo has better Euro rates and lower fees than WorldRemit. Transferwise beats both of them. Starling beats Transferwise if exchanging (onto your Starling Euro account) £155 but not if exchanging £205. Transferwise easily beats Starling when sending to a Euro account at a different bank. It's a bit of a minefield!
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,100 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 5 November 2019 at 10:19PM
    Options
    keiran wrote: »
    Hi BLfan,

Can you pl explain more?
    The funds would arrive at the ?Italian fineco bank in euros. Is it easy to remit back to UK without conversion or other charge/s?
    Thanks

Fineco dont charge for converting euros to pounds, I did the conversion within portal, Fineco gave me same rate as googled rate, not as good as when i checked what value would be on 1st, in fact went down 2p before I put PIN in and had to recalculate

173.36 euros - pounds 148.50 - sweet deal for 35.00 cashback :) ( I sent the money via debit card as well)
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,024 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    I was able to do it by debit card just now

Observation on the side: Azimo has better Euro rates and lower fees than WorldRemit. Transferwise beats both of them. Starling beats Transferwise if exchanging (onto your Starling Euro account) £155 but not if exchanging £205. Transferwise easily beats Starling when sending to a Euro account at a different bank. It's a bit of a minefield!

I wonder if it was because I was doing over 250?
    I think....
  • colsten
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    I wonder if it was because I was doing over 250?
    Could well be
  • keiran
    keiran Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For Azimo, quidco has now dropped its cashback for transferring £150 to a mere £15, and topcashback is now offering £25....
    Have to wait for a better rate in future, maybe?
  • colsten
    Options
    Fineco are offering a bribe again for opening an account with them. The offer runs from 12/12/2019 to 14/01/2020, and both, referee and referrer get £50 each. This is half of what they used to offer and I won't do any referrals myself this time. If it's of interest to you, check the referrer's board for any offers.
  • Psyduck1980
    Psyduck1980 Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Did I imagine it or did someone compile a list of UK banks who DO NOT charge a fee to receive sterling transfers from Fineco multi currency accounts? I seem to recall that Nationwide didn’t charge but I can’t remember the others. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback