Fineco Bank multicurrencies account

Options

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    tryin wrote: »
    How much does Barclays charge? And what is people's experience with other banks?

What exactly is this transfer called, so I can ask my bank how much it will cost?
    The report I saw was that Barclays charged either £6 or £8, can't remember the exact amount now. I think the payments from Fineco are considered SWIFT payments or International Money Transfers.
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    2018 post someone said First Direct charge 6.00 for incoming payment from Fineco Bank

Called International payments hence charges

Think that was me (and I wasn't happy!) so I switched any incoming to go my Tesco account as they don't charge.

(Still we made £370 between us on the 2018 Fineco referrals so guess we could afford the £6 :D)
  • scragend
    scragend Posts: 287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nationwide accounts can receive SWIFT payments free of charge. That's how I get my money out of Fineco.
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    From what I can see there are two offers at present, the refer a friend £100 and Fineco Hub £150. I think you may have to visit Fineco to participate in the latter (though not totally sure as the link to the t and c not working correctly). Anyone tried combining these offers when signing up (guessing probably can’t and that there is only one box to enter a promotional code online when applying)?
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    tg99 wrote: »
    From what I can see there are two offers at present, the refer a friend £100 and Fineco Hub £150. I think you may have to visit Fineco to participate in the latter (though not totally sure as the link to the t and c not working correctly). Anyone tried combining these offers when signing up (guessing probably can’t and that there is only one box to enter a promotional code online when applying)?
    Yes, for the £150, you have to visit them before the end of today, and from what I can see, you can't have both, the £100 and the £150 as you can only have 1 Fineco account. There's no way I would travel all the way to London and endure their [STRIKE]expert one-on-one advice and a full rundown of our services[/STRIKE] sales spiel for a mere £50 extra. As you say, we can't even see the T&Cs for this offer. Not for me, thank you, Fineco.
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,024 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    Yes, for the £150, you have to visit them before the end of today, and from what I can see, you can't have both, the £100 and the £150 as you can only have 1 Fineco account. There's no way I would travel all the way to London and endure their [STRIKE]expert one-on-one advice and a full rundown of our services[/STRIKE] sales spiel for a mere £50 extra. As you say, we can't even see the T&Cs for this offer. Not for me, thank you, Fineco.

Just look on the referrals board if you want 150 with no trip to London.

FD charge 6 quid if you withdraw more than 100 to them but free if less, Santander reported as free to receive funds.
    I think....
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a current balance of £240. If I try and convert this to Euro's it says there is "insufficient liquidity". However if I change to my "multi currency Account" it shows my £240 in Euros......So do I actually need to do anything else to withdraw this as euros when abroad using my euro visa debit ????

I have only just seen this but hope my response helps someone else. You can only convert currencies during office hours, and get that error message at other times. If you do not convert but withdraw as Euro when abroad you will send your Euro account into overdraft. When (by a different route) I sent my Euro account overdrawn all that happened was that they kept sending me messages asking me to convert enough money to bring the balance to zero or above and there were no charges: but my overdraft was under 5 Euro! If you attempted to overdraw by a meaningful amount then maybe something bad would happen.
  • buyhighselllow
    Options
    I have only just seen this but hope my response helps someone else. You can only convert currencies during office hours, and get that error message at other times. If you do not convert but withdraw as Euro when abroad you will send your Euro account into overdraft. When (by a different route) I sent my Euro account overdrawn all that happened was that they kept sending me messages asking me to convert enough money to bring the balance to zero or above and there were no charges: but my overdraft was under 5 Euro! If you attempted to overdraw by a meaningful amount then maybe something bad would happen.

Its really confusing. Basically, if you convert £ from your main account into Euros in your multi-currency account are you good to go ?
    Over £2K made from bank switches and P2P incentives since 2016 :beer:
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 18 May 2019 at 12:10PM
    Options
    Its really confusing. Basically, if you convert £ from your main account into Euros in your multi-currency account are you good to go ?

Yes, just use either the Currency Exchange link right at the very top right hand side or in the drop down on the left under Current Account when your on the Banking tab. You'll then have the Euros showing if you use the drop down towards top right of Banking home screen and select EUR rather than GBP. Just note that the Currency Exchange hours are Mon-Fri 7am to 10pm.

By the way have you been into Debit Cards section and under Manage your card checked that you haven't got any odd geoblocking settings (should be OK for Europe by default) and Spending Limits set. Should normally be OK on both counts but worth doing before you go just to make sure.
  • tryin
    tryin Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 May 2019 at 8:55PM
    Options
    How do I transfer money into the account? Its showing me a 12 digit account number. Do I just take off all the zero's? Then there's only 7 digits left.

And when I'm taking the money back out to my regular english account, is that a regular bank transfer, or an international bank transfer?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback