Halifax Saver Prize Draw - anyone won yet?

Options

Comments

• roxy28
    roxy28 Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Posted this in 2014.

Postman knocked on the door to sign for a letter, letter from halifax to say take all your details to local branch because you have won a prize in the draw.
    Heart pounding all the way hoping for the big one, won just £100, better than nothing but felt deflated.
    :T
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Female, aged 60, from Bradford? Then you're the typical winner in monthly Halifax Prize Draw – but are odds of winning the jackpot still better than Premium Bonds?

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/saving/article-2667074/Does-Halifax-Prize-Draw-better-jackpot-odds-Premium-Bonds.html
    Stompa
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    And lastly, I am not trying to vindicate myself as I never started off on a mission to prove anything in the first place. But I am sure I am within my rights to draw my own conclusions, based on the responses posted by other members.

If you just want to randomly draw conclusions according to your own biases rather than the evidence, then next time just slice up some chicken entrails and draw your conclusions from those, instead of wasting time asking people to post facts.
  • the_mandarin
    Options
    Stompa wrote: »
    Female, aged 60, from Bradford? Then you're the typical winner in monthly Halifax Prize Draw – but are odds of winning the jackpot still better than Premium Bonds?

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/saving/article-2667074/Does-Halifax-Prize-Draw-better-jackpot-odds-Premium-Bonds.html

That's an interesting and useful article - thanks for sharing :)
  • drlabman
    drlabman Posts: 311 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My son won £100 a couple of years ago. They keep you on tenterhooks though - the letter, which is sent registered post, only says that you've won and that you need to visit your branch with ID. So you get very excited until then.
    Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and you’ll get rid of him every weekend.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I thought gambling was all about excitement though. Certainly that's what they tell me in the adverts.

Complaining that they got you excited but you hadn't actually won a life-changing sum of money is like complaining that alcohol lowered your inhibitions but didn't make you more attractive or a better dancer.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Malthusian wrote: »
    I thought gambling was all about excitement though. Certainly that's what they tell me in the adverts.
    When the fun stops, stop......moaning? :)
  • Steviehutch
    Options
    I have never won either, and I have never met anyone who has won anything on the Halifax savers draw. I look at the list of winners every month and I see similar names coming up in the same region. If the chances of winning are so remote, then how can this happen? I have never read in the paper of anyone winning either. Is this draw actually regulated?
  • Bobby_Applejuice
    Options
    Do you increase your chances of winning (or winning more) if you save more than £5ko
    I'm part Swedish, part Italian, all British.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Do you increase your chances of winning (or winning more) if you save more than £5ko
    No, the competition rules state:
    All qualifying customers in each month’s draw have an equal chance of winning
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback