PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2017 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Doom_and_Gloom
    Doom_and_Gloom Posts: 4,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Save dosh - I've been a fan of placebo for so long, nancy boy back in the 90's got me into them. I must admit I'm jealous that you've seen them live. Brian has such a unique voice that goes so well with their music.

Okay enough music talk lol.

OH spent £2.88 today; milk, bread and margarine. So the needed items.

£119.65/£155.
    £35.35 left.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

Another nsd here today, and a bonus of dd eating dinner at a friend's house!

We're so hot, and the ham needs using, that we're just having cheese and ham baguettes for dinner. Can't even be bothered to cook chips to go with it, as it'll heat up the kitchen!

Have now decided what to have for dinner tomorrow - I was looking through the outside freezer and found a shedload of sausages, so it's sausage, cheesy mash and beans. Yumtastic!

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • ancientmum
    ancientmum Posts: 566 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all

I have just seen pictures on Breakfast TV of the effects of the storms in different parts of the country. I hope everyone is ok. They have not reached this part of the Midlands yet, and the sky is blue but cloudy. However the garden needs a good soaking and my water butt is nearly empty, so I hope we get some rain soon, just not too much at one time.

I have updated my signature, not doing too badly this month so far.
    Grocery challenge 2024: Annual budget £298.98/1200
  • Budgetbabe
    Budgetbabe Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 19 July 2017 at 9:30AM
    Options
    Morning all,

Hope that everyone is well, and that the sun is shining where you are :)

Thanks to Miss Lemon, Doom and Gloom and Suffolk Lass for the suggestions on appliances to cook rice. Anything that makes life easier (and cheaper) gets a huge thumbs up from me:j, so (runs away to investigate:D)

Unfortunately we have had a slightly stormy week..... Mr BB was admitted to hospital and had to have emergency surgery which resulted in a 2 day stay in Hospital, and some non plan related food spending (£80.77).
    He was however treated so well by our wonderful NHS, and I am once again so thankful for the amazing work they do, even though the pressures they experience were abundantly clear!

Food related spending equated to £82.85, taking the monthly total to £262.43 :(
    £22.09 on toiletries (and baby related items), £17.57 in snack purchases :eek: made by Mr BB (lets let him off, as he was feeling very poorly;)), and £43.19 in food related purchases (which included a £2.60 bunch of flowers to brighten the flat when Mr BB was discharged.)

Meal plan looks like this for the next couple of days:
    Tuesday - Soft boiled organic eggs on cheesy toast
    Wednesday - Cod in parsley sauce with asparagus tips and chips
    Thursday - Chicken fajitas
    Friday - Lightly dusted sole fillets with risotto and broccoli
    Saturday - Pizza and Chips
    Sunday - Chicken chasseur with rice and mediterranean oven roasted veg

Although we're over budget this month ;(, I believe that all of the lessons I've learned over the last couple of months will mean that I remain in control and on track for AUGUST!

Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the week!

BB x
    September GC £250 / £58.13
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am under the weather at the minute so DH had a tenner in cash for a kebab last night and to buy lunch today as if I don't make it or get it out of the freezer he doesn't take it and I was still in bed :(

I am working from home today so will make something from the fridge/freezer for tea and will make DH sandwiches ready for tomorrow so he has no excuses no to take them ;)
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • Matron_Midge
    Matron_Midge Posts: 708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Declaring for July! £369.85 really pleased with that. Got plenty in store cupboard, freezer and fridge.
    See you on the August thread.
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    £10.92 in Aldi as my neighbour wanted 2 bananas if I passing a shop, !!!!, milk, broccoli and ground almonds the only necessary items.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • Skintmama
    Skintmama Posts: 471 Forumite
    Options
    Another £12.50 spent. Some serious meal planning required to stay on budget now.
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Doom_and_Gloom Posts: 4,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Total spent today is £6.53 in two shops, so not bad. Needed saltanas to make the fruit and nut bars I have at work. Saw mangoes and lemons reduced so yep bought those. Saw some vegan ice cream that was reduced, hoping not to be discontinued, so bought a few tubs and OH wanted some port salut cheese. He made himself cheese on toast with it.
    Also bought some tofu reduced but that has been added to August spends. Will shove that in the freezer later.

Dinner I'm using up loads of veg in sweet and sour vegetables which I'm having with potatoes and seaweed sheets.

£126.18/£155.
    £28.82 left.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • claireyfairy82
    Options
    Can you put me down for £250 this month from the 30th June until the 31st of July please.

This month includes a week away at my caravan, the only shop nearby is a keystore which I try to avoid as its really expensive its a 2 hour round trip including a ferry to the nearest supermarket so I'm hoping my excile from the shops saves me cash!!

Nope didn't work I've completely blown my budget, back to the drawing board for August!!
    JAN - £208.56/£250 NSD-8
    FEB - £121.51/£200 NSD- 1
    Penny a day challenge #001: £200.79/£667.95
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills