IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Indigo penalty notice

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    we read ALL pages/new posts, about 5 pages every day, around our day jobs!
    Even from the other side of the world!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    ZZPS , hung by there own petard , the previous case , scamming money from an elder was mths ago , this is now , letter dated within a few days previous , COMPLAIN like hell to S Clark

POPLa are not worth the air they breathe , bloody useless , how can you have a case on hold for 8 mths
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    haxor wrote: »
    The issue date of the parking penalty was on **/05/17 - well over 6 months ? I'm really shocked that i received this letter after so long and while awaiting the outcome of popla.

I will complaint like advised on previous replies but I really don't want to risk getting any bad notes on my credit history.

A timed out criminal offence has no bearing on your credit file whatsoever.

For the avoidance of doubt there is nothing and I mean absolutely nothing they can do other than write letters to you. If the letters claim they can do anything it could potentially be a serious criminal offence itself.
  • haxor
    haxor Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Many thanks for the replies - I'm drafting an email to Mr Clark as advised.

Before I do so - can I just confirm if i should mention my reference for ZZPS and penalty notice number ? my popla number ?

How much details should I provide?

Also just to make sure - should I contact ZZPS and dispute this letter?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Here is post #26 again:
    KeithP wrote: »
    This post should help you understand how to deal with a letter from ZZPS:
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    It's up to you if you want to ignore them or play with them. If you are bored and want a bit of fun you can ask them difficult questions like what happens if I refuse to pay?

Their answers might be interesting. I would imagine it would be lots of coulds and nights and potentially without actually committing themselves to anything.
  • financerulez
    Options
    If I were you, I would let ZZPS think you're a mindless fool who could be tricked into entering a contract so they won't prosecute, when they cannot anyway as the deadline has passed.

Let ZZPS slip up and you may have opportunity to sue them for harassment / DPA breach.

You seem to have been on the ball from early on, so I'm assuming you did not reveal who the Driver was?

Write to ZZPS and Indigo stating that the deadline to bring a prosecution has passed, and as Registered Keeper, with absolutely no liability in a civil law with reference to the land in question (as it is byelaw governed), you have no further relevance to the matter and they should delete your details and data immediately. Any attempts to continue to write to you, other than to confirm the matter is dropped, will result in a claim for harassment.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Many thanks for the replies - I'm drafting an email to Mr Clark as advised.

Before I do so - can I just confirm if i should mention my reference for ZZPS and penalty notice number ? my popla number ?

How much details should I provide?

All of it, with attached copies of the POPLA email telling you it was on hold, and the ZZPS letter itself, but no saying who was driving.

See the other thread I linked to see what to say, I had a bit of a rant on there about this 'outrageous scam' (Hansard, 2.2.18).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • haxor
    haxor Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi guys quick update -

I’ve sent an email to mr Clark and he replied advising that my pcn has been cancelled after he got involved in this case.

Today I’ve received another letter advising of criminal charges if I dont pay this amount so again I’m quite worried.

Another strange thing that I’ve noticed regarding zzps - the owner of the company is a previous director of BPA - I am being paranoid ?
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    no you are not being paranoid , you have looked hard and seen the shady antics performed by them and the BPA

I;ve sent an email to mr Clark and he replied advising that my pcn has been cancelled after he got involved in this case.

shamed into doing something more like!

ive received another letter advising of criminal charges if I don!!!8217;t. Oh this amount so again Iam quite worried.

and now ANOTHER letter to S Clark asking WHAT sanctions have been placed on this company?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport