IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Indigo penalty notice

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Really, can't see anything similar?

Two threads below yours today:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5782017

Complain to Steve Clark of the BPA, and copy in your MP. Please do BOTH.

This is one feature of a rogue industry, an 'OUTRAGEOUS SCAM' (source: Hansard, 2.2.18, MPs unanimously condemning debate, about the out of control private parking industry).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • haxor
    haxor Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    Is this a byelaws ticket? Did you get a response from POPLA?

If they are claiming byelaws it has well timed out by now.

On the POPLA website it says that is still in "progress" under popla assessment - this matter is over 8 months now tho so I'm really confused.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Complain to the BPA that debt recovery has commenced while your POPLA appeal has not yet been assessed. Strictly in contravention of the BPA Code of Practice. Copy your complaint to the DVLA and your MP - ask him/her to investigate.

aos@britishparking.co.uk - FTAO Mr Steve Clark

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Complain to Steve Clark of the BPA, and copy in your MP. Please do BOTH.
    Breach of 22.12a of the Code of Practice:-
    "If an appeal is being considered by the IAS, the debt recovery process must not be commenced/ [FONT=GillSans Light,GillSans Light][FONT=GillSans Light,GillSans Light]recommenced until the outcome of the case is known. [/FONT][/FONT]We would expect operators to have systems in place to [FONT=GillSans Light,GillSans Light][FONT=GillSans Light,GillSans Light]ensure that this does not happen". [/FONT][/FONT]
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    haxor wrote: »
    I have today received a letter from ZZPS - I've tried to read many threads but can't find any similar situation like mine.

What should I do?

This post should help you understand how to deal with a letter from ZZPS:
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    It is byelaws then. POPLA are now refusing to deal with byelaws tickets as it is a criminal matter not a civil matter.

The correct venue for this to be heard is a magistrates court. The time limit to initiate prosecution is 6 months from the date of the offence. After that you can no longer be prosecuted.

In theory zzps are offering to drop the prospect of being prosecuted for a fee. They don't seem to make that clear for some reason. They also don't make it clear you can no longer be prosecuted. I really can't think why they don't explain it better.
  • pustit
    pustit Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    haxor wrote: »
    Hello guys - I really need your help here.

I've submitted my popla appeal on 31/07/18 - the status is still "We have received your comments and we will begin your assessment in due course"

I have today received a letter from ZZPS - I've tried to read many threads but can't find any similar situation like mine.

What should I do?

Many thanks

Please correct the date
  • haxor
    haxor Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    It is byelaws then. POPLA are now refusing to deal with byelaws tickets as it is a criminal matter not a civil matter.

The correct venue for this to be heard is a magistrates court. The time limit to initiate prosecution is 6 months from the date of the offence. After that you can no longer be prosecuted.

In theory zzps are offering to drop the prospect of being prosecuted for a fee. They don't seem to make that clear for some reason. They also don't make it clear you can no longer be prosecuted. I really can't think why they don't explain it better.

The issue date of the parking penalty was on **/05/17 - well over 6 months ? I'm really shocked that i received this letter after so long and while awaiting the outcome of popla.

I will complaint like advised on previous replies but I really don't want to risk getting any bad notes on my credit history.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    but I really don't want to risk getting any bad notes on my credit history.
    How do you think that will happen?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No risk, calm down and complain. You can't have read that thread already, and watched the Parliamentary debate about the Industry, that's all over threads on page one right now.

Wise up, read other threads, not just your own. You can't get a CCJ like this.

Come back when you've read, say the first 2 pages of this forum tonight (we read ALL pages/new posts, about 5 pages every day, around our day jobs!).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport