Buy ethereum uk

Options

Comments

• shover
    shover Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    @martymuls It may be possible to cash out to a CurrencyFair or TransferWise account and then pull it into your sterling account.
  • markj113
    markj113 Posts: 256 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    martymuls wrote: »
    Advise required.

I have been buying ether regularly on Coinbase, however it has become apparent that If I was to decide to cash out I would encounter alot of problems as they don't operate in Sterling.

Can anyone advise me of a way I can transfer my ether from Coinbase to another wallet or something similar were I can cash out when I see fit. My lack of control in coinbase concerns me.

Thanks
    Martin

Exchange Eth -> BTC

Sell BTC on localbitcoins
  • Reading everyones views on cryptocurrency has been interesting for me as I am completely new to this. I am however still apprehensive about purchasing any digital currency, mainly on the fact of how safe my investment would be in the event of say an EMP blast (if you believe the news theats of ww3). Does anyone know if an electronic device would be completely useless if this occured, or is this just a hollywood fantasy?
    Regards
  • fun4everyone
    fun4everyone Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Reading everyones views on cryptocurrency has been interesting for me as I am completely new to this. I am however still apprehensive about purchasing any digital currency, mainly on the fact of how safe my investment would be in the event of say an EMP blast (if you believe the news theats of ww3). Does anyone know if an electronic device would be completely useless if this occured, or is this just a hollywood fantasy?
    Regards

You can regain access to your tokens if you lose your hardware wallet like nano s/trezor or it breaks by using the 24 word pass phrase you are given on setup.
  • Bill_Benson
    Options
    Hello! I also struggled with Coinbase when I first started, I found that the verifcation process was a nightmare. And because of that despite having coins in my coinbase wallets it was still difficult to exchange back into pounds.
    I ended up using coinfloor to exchange coins back into fiat. I think it's pretty easy to get your head around. I haven't seen many people in this thread speaking about coinfloor, anyone got any views on it?
  • fun4everyone
    fun4everyone Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    18 posts since 2006 and you used one of them to spam that. 10/10 for effort 0/10 for content.
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Options
    I've been transferring all my bitcoin to a company called xxxx for the last 2-3 months and they have been returning 140% of my bitcoin, plus the rise, it didn't seem realistic at first but it's definitely working.

I expect early 'investors' in the schemes operated by Mr Ponzi a century ago or Mr Madoff a decade ago, thought "hmm, it doesn't seem realistic or mathematically possible I could get this return but it seems to be working so I won't raise my concerns, instead I'll encourage others to join and maybe I can get some referral money.

Many such investors ended up with embarrassing losses.
    Here's the link to xxxx if your interested and yes it is a refferal link but this is how all these companies are doing it
    If you had genuinely been using the MSE forums for a decade as the age of your account suggests you would know there's a separate referrals board for such things.
  • cheap_skate
    Options
    I see cryptocurrency like the evoloution of the interenet, there are some say the internet was created in case of a nuclear strike because it's de-entralised and this is exactly like cryptocurrency so nobody can really control it, so I think it's here to stay!! And bitcoin will only get stronger!
  • cheap_skate
    Options
    I must admit I thought exactly the same at first, so I did my research met some people doing it, including people I've know for a long time and it's no ponzi! Check them out yourself. I've had my initial investment returned already in 2 months, yes it is also due to the bitcoin rise but at the time I thought it had topped out. And yes I have been a member on here for over 10 years but normally don't get involved that much but this is a subject that is really sparking my interest.
  • Bill_Benson
    Options
    Yeah that sounds dodgy to me. I actively trade crypto and fx and getting 140% on top of the growth sounds crazy. Either awfully risk managed or flat out lies.

Ethereum then, suddenly looks like it'll be a while before it takes bitcoins top spot. Pretty good place to buy here no? My dad wants to get involved and is asking about exchanges. I told him about coinfloor but he basically wants someone to do it for him... anyone know any that are idiot proof?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure