angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    he also seems to have 3 ebay accounts all selling the exact same items
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes I did Thanks
    Then you know that if your current letter doesn't achieve the desired result,you'll need to send a second letter before considering selling the thing.
  • angryparcel
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    Then you know that if your current letter doesn't achieve the desired result,you'll need to send a second letter before considering selling the thing.
    Yes which would outline my intentions of selling it.

all this would have been avoidable if he just accepted the return which he told me to start and honoured the warranty
  • wealdroam
    Options
    DavidP24 wrote: »
    I would not sell it, I would just let the costs mount up, send him regular invoices, then he has to pay to collect or he writes it off and still owes you the money.
    I guess you missed the bit where the OP told us:
    As in a 1 bed flat i dont have the space to store this PC for months while waiting for the seller to collect.
  • angryparcel
    Options
    it is under my bed (only space ) lucky i still had my old PC as i could not sell that otherwise i would be running my business from my iphone ( which is not ideal)
  • Gavin83
    Gavin83 Posts: 8,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    £50 a day is fine if you have told him so he can mitigate his loss.

Why not £1000 a day then? You can't just make up a figure and have it considered acceptable, I'm curious how the OP can justify that figure.

If the space it's taking up is that much of an issue hire some storage space and stick it in there. I'd imagine for a single PC you'd be looking at £20 a month at the most.
    I would not sell it, I would just let the costs mount up, send him regular invoices, then he has to pay to collect or he writes it off and still owes you the money.

He's already got the money back...
  • angryparcel
    Options
    Gavin83 wrote: »
    Why not £1000 a day then? You can't just make up a figure and have it considered acceptable, I'm curious how the OP can justify that figure.

If the space it's taking up is that much of an issue hire some storage space and stick it in there. I'd imagine for a single PC you'd be looking at £20 a month at the most.

He's already got the money back...

The point is to try and encourage him to collect it, why not £50 a day as my space is valuable and also the risk element as if my flat is broken into and it is stolen then i would have to claim on insurance. It is a 30 mile trip to my nearest storage facility
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The point is to try and encourage him to collect it, why not £50 a day as my space is valuable and also the risk element as if my flat is broken into and it is stolen then i would have to claim on insurance. It is a 30 mile trip to my nearest storage facility

Except this isn't a premium he's agreed to pay in exchange for a service - which would require his acceptance of your offer (silence cannot amount to acceptance). Its a claim for losses incurred - which need to be quantifiable and mitigated.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • angryparcel
    Options
    Except this isn't a premium he's agreed to pay in exchange for a service - which would require his acceptance of your offer (silence cannot amount to acceptance). Its a claim for losses incurred - which need to be quantifiable and mitigated.
    But the fact he was informed after the 3rd failed delivery attempt that if it is returned for no delivery a storage charge will be applied and then when it was returned the sign for letter states he has 14 days to collect it or a £50 a day charge will be applied, so if he fails to collect within 14 days then he is accepting a charge of £50 per day will be applied.
  • wealdroam
    Options
    But the fact he was informed after the 3rd failed delivery attempt that if it is returned for no delivery a storage charge will be applied and then when it was returned the sign for letter states he has 14 days to collect it or a £50 a day charge will be applied, so if he fails to collect within 14 days then he is accepting a charge of £50 per day will be applied.
    No. For at least two reasons.

1) as Unholyangel points out, his silence does not amount to acceptance of the £50 charge.

2) as I mentioned earlier, the Signed For letter probably hasn't been received. Can you confirm whether or not the Signed For letter was indeed signed for by the intended recipient?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure