IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter before claim from solicitor

Options

Comments

• Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am still troubled by their 'letter before claim'.
    Why? It's not worth the paper it's copied and pasted on to.

If you've done your research you'll know CEL do not pursue forum assisted defendants to court because they know they will lose.

As long as you don't reveal who was driving they have no case.

Don't reply to them. You may get court papers but your defence will see them off.
  • Plastic18
    Plastic18 Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am still troubled because I was told that CEL and their solicitors have managed to get court judgement and made someone pay directly from their salary/employer. I should mention that this was a hospital staff and ignored all their letters. I don't know the full details though.

Will take your advice and not give them my details. Will research a bit more. Thanks and I really do appreciate all your advice and suggestions. If anything, this helped me relax a bit and knowing there are genuine people out there helping out. Cheers guys...
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I was told that CEL and their solicitors have managed to get court judgement and made someone pay directly from their salary/employer. I should mention that this was a hospital staff and ignored all their letters.
    Can't happen to a person who defends. We know they always stop dead when they see a forum defence.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Plastic18
    Options
    How do you mean when they see a forum led defense? Is it using some of the ideas and advice given here in my response to their emails/letters?
  • Plastic18
    Options
    Hi, I took your advice and reply their email asking if they have authorisation from ICO to ask for my confidential information. Got a generic email response saying the case will be on hold while they respond, but they didn't respond via email. Apparently they have sent 2 more letters in the post (still waiting for the posts to be diverted to me as moved address) but it appears from solicitor. Looks like they have taken it further and may proceed to CCJ... :(
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Apparently they have sent 2 more letters in the post (still waiting for the posts to be diverted to me as moved address) but it appears from solicitor.
    How do you know that if you've not received them?
    Looks like they have taken it further and may proceed to CCJ...
    What do you mean?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 29 May 2017 at 11:08AM
    Options
    @Plastic18

Reading through your posts, it seems that outside this forum, you have been listening to too many people who have little knowledge
    and little knowledge is very dangerous.

CCJ is not them taking you to court
    CCJ = COUNTY COURT JUDGEMENT and only a real judge can make that decision
    whereby if you lost and you are ordered to pay within a certain number of days.
    A CCJ only happens if you fail to pay

Parking companies and their low life solicitors simply cannot do this so please tell those who are giving you advice outside this forum ... they are wrong

CEL are nothing special but they are nasty but not smart as recently there nasty little ways cost them £900 in court
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/motorist-awarded-900-for-data.html

See how they reply and what letters they send.
    Right now, CEL have fired every bullet in their scary gun so on here
    we know their mindset and it is their own mindset that beats them
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Plastic18 wrote: »
    Hi, I took your advice and reply their email asking if they have authorisation from ICO to ask for my confidential information. Got a generic email response saying the case will be on hold while they respond, but they didn't respond via email. Apparently they have sent 2 more letters in the post (still waiting for the posts to be diverted to me as moved address) but it appears from solicitor. Looks like they have taken it further and may proceed to CCJ... :(

You are not listening to what we are telling you. They can't just 'get a CCJ' against you.

What I meant by a forum-led defence is simply, like all the other defences you will have read about, you know, when you searched the forum for 'CEL claim' and realised that this is soooo easy. You have surely searched and read the other CEL cases like yours...?

You actually WANT a claim to arrive! Once you get that, then with the right defence filed, they ALWAYS FOLD and it will be 'scam over'.
  • Plastic18
    Options
    Thanks BeamerGuy and Coupon-Mad, it's just that my partner keep telling me to pay up and be done with the stress of these letters coming through. As the letters arrived last Monday and only been forwarded to me, and still waiting for what they are is a little stressful.

Right, I will wait for the claim to arrive and take it from there. Hope I could count on you guys to help me through this.

P.S. its good knowing I get support from this forum. Brilliant work!
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Tell your partner these are the easiest ones to win and that you WANT a claim, so you can kill it off.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure