IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Preparing defence for County Court

Options

Comments

• MA61
    MA61 Posts: 111 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can't thank you all enough for your practical and moral support
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    excellent news , let us know more when you can do so later

and which idiot PPC lost this time ?

I assume it was a gladstones case ? in which case the idiot PPC was "gladstoned" as usual
  • safarmuk
    safarmuk Posts: 648 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, the short version is - the claim was dismissed and I was awarded £95 costs. Just enjoying a Spoons breakfast and a pint of ale. Its 5 o'clock somewhere, right?
    Well done indeed. Good job. Enjoy the pint.

After the pint and a bit of celebratory down time, it would be great if you could write up a court report (from arriving at the court to arriving at the 'spoons) including what you did, what happened, who the PPCs advocate was, who the judge was, what was said by whom and how the decision came about. All this is very helpful to the next person who comes onto this forum.

And to make this even better, assuming the PPC had an advocate this has cost them hundreds of £'s plus in court, Gladrags and advocate fees and they now have to pay you £95 on top for the privilege ... :)
  • safarmuk
    safarmuk Posts: 648 Forumite
    Options
    I love this ....
    Sadly due to my own lack of preparedness / time, I have been unable to research a defence to the substantive claim, however after non-appearance of claimant and RoA, my next line of defence is that due to the claimant's non-compliance at various stages I have been denied a fair right to defend the claim. Fingers crossed...

3 hours and 23 minutes later (including travel time, waiting time, court time and the time taken to get to the local Wetherspoons place and receive an order) ....
    Hi all, the short version is - the claim was dismissed and I was awarded £95 costs. Just enjoying a Spoons breakfast and a pint of ale. Its 5 o'clock somewhere, right?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,361 Forumite
    Options
    Great news. Look forward to the feedback. Well done!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • MA61
    MA61 Posts: 111 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I do intend to provide a more detailed run down in due course, thanks again :beer::beer:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes please, we await the four court reports from today where consumers beat the bully companies!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Fantastic MA61, well done!

And well done again for getting costs. If they don't pay, hit them again with a warrant of control!

Looking forward to your full report.

2 out of 4 so far.... Come on Jinxycat and Stephthechosenone, give us some more good news!
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    they won as well, all 4 won , just awaiting their court reports too
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just seen the other 2... 4 out of 4. Bloody brilliant!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure