When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• cbsexec
    cbsexec Posts: 578 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    PS how about freecycle for a hoover?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You are really doing great hun.

Definitely keep hold of the £30 for the time being, you may need it. I think Toni'sfriend idea regarding putting it against the CT is a good idea.

Also as cbsexec says, Freecycle may have one that you could get?

Please get the DLA forms and evidence and get them filled in and sent off, it'll help you all in the long run, so has to be worth persuing xx
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    I am stalking free cycle and have posted thank you. I check freecycle/other free groups/pages because we still need a lot of things to make here comfortable. From small things like plates and bowls to the bigger items of furniture/beds/cooker! Etc.

Nothing so far though :( lot's of wanted posts but we are in a rundown area too so don't expect much to come of it.

I will be paying the eBay money off the council tax just like you say keeping it in the bank for now. For the first time ever I'll have reached payday with something in the account and not having borrowed from someone :o and they've all been fed real food Inc snacks without having to put random things together :o

Need to make a cake for OH so the kids can decorate it over the weekend and will need to pick up cards. I know we aren't doing anything but I can't not get cards and sort a cake I'd feel awful (even if I don't get the same in return ;) )

On the up side that's the last birthday till after Xmas now :)

Still no more mention of going away for half term. Hopefully that means she's forgot she offered ;)
    Will still have to budget in that week for a bit more on groceries for the kids lunches and more snack's. Hopefully the weather is dry and we can spend the days doing free places like the park/museum and library.

Oh speaking of books. Just received an email about prime members getting free things to read? Need to investigate on Amazon ;) this could pass some time and since I already have prime I might as well use it ;) I love reading.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    I will definitely get the DLA things sorted.

Speaking of which. One of the letters have arrived this morning about what was discussed on Monday. Most of it is total nonsense and makes no sense at all. Some is basically the total opposite of what was said. I've emailed him and asked him to check what's been written up and I will call Monday if no reply (he only works for the NHS mon-weds, he is private the other days) and I've tried to contact one of the departments it says some issues are being passed onto but can't get in touch. Really strange :o I'm just hoping this mix up won't mess up the pharmacy etc this week! Or I will be more than just frustrated ;)
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Well not a nsd :o I don't know what's happened, don't leave the house for months then twice in 2 days!

£8 nappies Mr T (bogof)
    £2 wipes Mr T (reduced ;) )
    59p Zoflora (Just because it smelt nice :o :rotfl:

This will come out of tomorrow's wage really but youngest wanted to go to the park because it's sunny and I thought why we where up there we might as well pop in Mr T because if we do Aldi tomorrow its 5 miles in the opposite direction :rotfl:

Good call on youngests part though it's been a lovely afternoon. Not hot but dry and bright ;)

Random issues in the letter sorted and the other department basically said to ignore it and they wouldn't be doing as it says :rotfl:

DD wants pasta for dinner tonight so OH and DS can have spag bol and DD can have cheese sauce with hers ;) easy and not feeling too much like a cafe with 5 different dinners for the 5 of us (yes this is what happens most days and I do feel like I'm running a cafè.

DS wants 'awful' boy friend to come to dinner :eek: I put him off again. I always seem to end up with 20 kids that aren't mine here every weekend :cool:
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You have to live a life as well as trying to get the debt under control. So don't feel guilty about spending a little money (not too much) on OH's birthday because I know you will feel bad if you don't do something and he has told you cancel the plans you had because it was too expensive. Make a cake (you're a good cook) and get the little ones to make him a card each (it'll keep them amused and he'll love it). We decided last year not to spend a lot of money because we didn't really need anything, How about some chocolate (you can get an awful lot of chocolate in Aldi for next to nothing), a book, etc. - cheap wrapping paper, wrap it all individually and you've got a great birthday! On the subject of books. Do you have Amazon prime - it's very expensive but if you have a kindle app you can download a lot of books for free,
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Just as a matter of interest what is it that's so awful about the awful boy?
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Hidden Identity, was looking for your diary the other day and couldn't find one but found it now!! Will subscribe and have a read through xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Hiddenidenity
    Options
    You have to live a life as well as trying to get the debt under control. So don't feel guilty about spending a little money (not too much) on OH's birthday because I know you will feel bad if you don't do something and he has told you cancel the plans you had because it was too expensive. Make a cake (you're a good cook) and get the little ones to make him a card each (it'll keep them amused and he'll love it). We decided last year not to spend a lot of money because we didn't really need anything, How about some chocolate (you can get an awful lot of chocolate in Aldi for next to nothing), a book, etc. - cheap wrapping paper, wrap it all individually and you've got a great birthday! On the subject of books. Do you have Amazon prime - it's very expensive but if you have a kindle app you can download a lot of books for free,

I do have prime (My sister gets it through work but doesn't use it so I do ;) ) I'm going to see if I can find the free books once the kids are in bed. 2 hours to go not that I'm counting ;)
    Just as a matter of interest what is it that's so awful about the awful boy?

Awful boy is just that. He breaks things/swears/spits. He's always causing trouble at the sheltered housing facing my house/in trouble with the police (he's a little older than my son) I've tried time and time again to show him the 'respect' he's obviously missing some where and being nice etc because there's obviously a reason he behaves the way he does. But after having him here everyday for over 12 months nothing changed and he broke youngests trike a couple of weeks ago and that was the final straw of me saying no more.

I have everyone's kids in here because I don't allow mine out on the estate. They eat/drink/bake/play everything but sometimes I feel now it's being taken for granted parents know they are safe here and they don't even check on them after hours of being here (as young as 3!)
    Hi Hidden Identity, was looking for your diary the other day and couldn't find one but found it now!! Will subscribe and have a read through xx

Hello, oh I feel sorry for you if you read back my rambling :rotfl: thanks for stopping by :D
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Awful boy really is unacceptable and you're right not to have him. I know that there are reasons for his behaviour but you've tried your best and nothing's changed. I would say to your son that until his "friend" learns to behave in a respectful and appropriate way he can't come to play. I agree, as well, that some of these parents are taking you for granted. You are obviously a very nice person who likes children but you're not responsible for everyone's children. We have a lot of children who come here to play because my neighbour is very generous with her children's toys (she has slides, swings, etc in the communal area) and we are very generous with biscuits, etc (all my neighbours are really great) but we have all wondered how people can send their toddlers out to play without checking on them. We've actually started to tell them it's time to go home. Maybe you should think about that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure