When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Oh, don't get me started on energy consumption... that's one of the projects I have ongoing at work.
    Have to calculate our energy consumption YTD and give data on how much of that consumption comes from what source via our energy suppliers... then give proposals on how we can be more eco-friendly and use other resources etc
    Sorry... I got started didn't I?

As you so succinctly stated... blah!
    Don't get me wrong, I am all for using renewable and sustainable resources. It just annoys me that it seems to be the latest bloody fad in business... we should have been doing this YEARS ago...
    Sorry, sorry... I'll shut up now...
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    now crashing in the shower with a coffee

Well, that'd make your coffee last a bit longer :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Well, that'd make your coffee last a bit longer :rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl: I'm the dangerous type who gets in the shower with her phone on charge :o Seriously! One day I'll fry myself :rotfl:
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Oh, don't get me started on energy consumption... that's one of the projects I have ongoing at work.
    Have to calculate our energy consumption YTD and give data on how much of that consumption comes from what source via our energy suppliers... then give proposals on how we can be more eco-friendly and use other resources etc
    Sorry... I got started didn't I?

As you so succinctly stated... blah!
    Don't get me wrong, I am all for using renewable and sustainable resources. It just annoys me that it seems to be the latest bloody fad in business... we should have been doing this YEARS ago...
    Sorry, sorry... I'll shut up now...

:rotfl: :rotfl: Honestly it has absolutely nothing to do with what I'll be doing, other than maybe I could turn the lights off after myself maybe :rotfl: Why I need to know how much energy every single item uses I have no idea!
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Morning, up and ready again, just pottering around doing odd jobs now because I'm ready far too early. Todays training is food allergies, well I have alot of experience on that front with youngest. Think she's allergic to breathing tbh :rotfl:

Nothing much else going on. Will be another NSD, will resist the nice food and coffee's in town. Might need a bottle of milk tonight but trying to last until tomorrow when it's shopping day anyway.

There isn't much debt repayments going on yet but that's just because there is uniform and other things I'm keeping on top of. As soon as I start to get paid I will be back to totally debt busting. I only still post so I don't fall of the wagon of not spending every penny I have on rubbish then not paying the bills.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,659 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Not increasing debt by paying for uniform with budgeted money rather than borrowing is still debt busting. Amazed you found money for decorating, new beds and carpet too on your small budget. Well done. Will be great once your wages start and you know where you are with tax credits etc. Thorough agree with you keeping DLA aside although you can use it for travel to appointments, days off work for hospital appointments etc etc.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think employers sometimes have "training days" just to tick boxes. I remember going to some that had absolutely nothing to do with my job and boy were they boring! Still, food allergies will be more interesting. Have to agree with Enthusiastic Saver. Buying the uniforms and decorating is something that needs to be done and doing it with budgeted money is indeed a form of debt busting. Have a good day.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think you're doing wonderfully hidden. You put me to shame the amount you do and then still go training. My work days I achieve nothing at home! Hence why my house is always a mess lol. I hope training is interesting at least.
  • Hiddenidenity
    edited 17 August 2017 at 9:01AM
    Options
    I am really tired today! Slightly hoping mum feeds the small ones dinner before I'm home :o if not its lasagne ready meals I made the other day.

I know there's nothing to do at home though, other than anything we create when we get home. Def an early night on the cards. The thunder woke DS last night so it was a very late one around 3am :o

Speaking of thunder I have never in my life heard thunder as loud and close as last night! It felt like the house was shaking! Weird!

And thank you for the replies, I have to say since being here I haven't had to borrow money from anyone. All my bills are paid and we have good food. We aren't sitting on a Tuesday worrying the electric is under £1 and we don't have a penny to top up etc.

For once there's actually money in an account for DD's meds and things and for if we need a last minute hospital trip (Many a times I've been stranded at 3am at a&e in slippers and no coat and not even enough credit or change for the phone to call for a lift home)
  • shariann
    shariann Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning Hidden

I 'met' you on the £10 a day challenge and have spent the last couple of days reading your diary. All I can say is Wow! I can't believe how well you have done on such a tiny budget and your energy puts me to shame - I get tired just reading your posts! I'm going to subscribe and will be cheering you on xxx
    £10 a day April - £4/£300
    2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70 2018 £3255.40
    Jan £105.50 Feb £80.47March £69.30
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills