Very difficult situation regarding grandmother's will

Options

Comments

• Yorkshireman99
    Yorkshireman99 Posts: 5,470 Forumite
    Options
    gll5dm wrote: »
    I will find them, and I will provide you with them. ;)

In all seriousness though, I am panicking because this one grandchild is a complete pain in the !rse of a man and absolutely does not deserve a single penny more than the piles of cash he's already been given. Comes from a terrible family and is involved with all sorts of dodgy people. Now I know this all plays no role at all in the will, but I'd be seething if he comes out of this a rich man while the grandchildren she actually knew, and particularly her own daughter, are left with nothing.

That cannot be right. Nobody else from my family seems willing or capable of sorting this, so I've taken it upon myself to try and get to the bottom of it and stop this guy leeching every last penny from what our grandmother left behind.
    You need to provide them to an independet solicitor to get it sorted. I can.t help you further nor can anyone on this forum because we don.t have the expertise.
  • gll5dm
    gll5dm Posts: 112 Forumite
    Options
    They claim monies being sent via BACS today.

Let's see. Will wait until Wednesday of next week.
  • gll5dm
    Options
    My brother has received his share!

I will need to wait a few days as I am based abroad and thus it'll need a few days to clear in my account.

An end is in sight - hurrah!
  • Yorkshireman99
    Options
    Wel done you for being persistatnt!
  • gll5dm
    Options
    This international transfer sure is taking its time! No sign of any movement in my bank yet. But my brothers have received their shares, so no reason to think mine won't clear this week. :)
  • gll5dm
    edited 1 June 2018 at 9:22AM
    Options
    Done!

One year and three weeks later (roughly) and the monies have been paid and cleared in our bank accounts.

Thanks all for your kind words and support!
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,432 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    :j:j:j

Finally!!
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.38% of current retirement "pot" (as at end April 2024)
  • gll5dm
    Options
    Good GOSH! The saga continues!

Just received an email from the solicitor requesting we (me and my two brothers) all send back £1300 of what we received from his distribution as it was incorrectly calculated and that money should actually have gone to the grandson from the other fund.

What! Surely the money should only have been transferred when it was all 100% sorted. Are we obligated to send the money back?

In any case, before I send any money back I will play them at their own game and wait a few months before replying to their email.
  • mrschaucer
    mrschaucer Posts: 953 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    And then when you finally reply, merely ask them for full details of all the relevant calculations so you can look through it ... I'm sure you'll enjoy spinning all this out for as long as possible.
  • Yorkshireman99
    Options
    Yes you are lible to repay.Nevertheless kick up a fuss about the incompetent solicitor.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure