We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Didn't use the HTB ISA - what now?

2»

Comments

• DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,193 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture First Post
    jimjames wrote: »
    It might offer a better rate than cash ISAs but it's definitely not the best rate available. Not sure why you'd bother to twist the rules to get 3.5% when you can get 5% outside an ISA perfectly legitimately with regular savers and current accounts.
    I already use all the 5% accounts I can access, except for HSBC because they are absolutely useless and I'm not wasting 45 minutes going through an application for an Advance account when last time they rejected me because they filled in the form wrong and missed a zero off my salary. :mad:
    isasmurf wrote: »
    When you open a HTB you sign an eligible customer declaration. As part of this you agree to be bound as an eligible customer by the scheme rules. Each year you are required to be provided with a reminder to check you are still an eligible customer.
    Hmm, never had such a reminder. I think I'll leave it open until they next pay interest then close it, just to make sure I do get the 3.5%.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.