Spend Nowt, Buy Nowt, Owe Nowt

Options

Comments

• XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We had a lovely visit from DDad and DSM this weekend and on Sunday visited a local Christmas fair.

We are visiting DDad for our holiday next year and have decided to fly rather than drive. DH has a dodgy leg and we think it will be a struggle plus it puts DH under a lot of pressure to drive 12 hours a day and is an awful end to our holiday as he gets so stressed about it. We had planned to hire a car but DDad has said we can borrow one of his. All in all it will probably cost about the same to fly as it would to drive. Plus, because we are flying we won't be able to buy loads of stuff (wine and french country style stuff for the house ;)) so it will work out more :money:

The Christmas shopping has almost been completed. I am determined to get it completed by the end of the month so that I can concentrate on the house and food in December as we have more social events then and I am busy at work. DS has done his letter to Santa and there are no surprises on it, thank goodness. I will have to wait to buy 1 of DS gifts as I am using vouchers I won't receive until early December and will buy the rest of DH gifts nearer the time. He has had his main present in the summer but these are just small things from me like socks and underpants and a couple of treats.

Carpets OP pot is up to £87.82. I would like to get to £191.88 by the end of the year which would be the equivalent of 4 payments cleared.

The grocery budget is nearly empty due to buying some spicy sauces for DH and a box of GF macarons for me at the Christmas fair on Sunday. The freezers are full so there is plenty of food in there to last us until the end of the month. I must get a stock take done. It has been on the NST challenge all month and I still haven't done it.:o

I have started a spread in my bujo of 19 things to do before 2019 and will post it when I have chosen my 19 things. Some are for fun, some are frogs and some are :money:.
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My dh would throttle me if I even thought about getting him socks and pants for cmas...!!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • XSpender
    Options
    My dh would throttle me if I even thought about getting him socks and pants for cmas...!!

Ah yes but DH likes Paul Smith socks and Ralph Lauren or similar pants so he has to wait until Christmas or Birthdays to get them and wear them until they are knackered ;)
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    XSpender wrote: »
    Ah yes but DH likes Paul Smith socks and Ralph Lauren or similar pants so he has to wait until Christmas or Birthdays to get them and wear them until they are knackered ;)

I buy OH expensive underwear/nice socks too. Usually as a smaller present alongside something really nice. And then I make myself happy by throwing out the old ones. :D

Personally I love socks and underwear and I shall never admit to having too many of either. :rotfl:
  • XSpender
    Options
    Just as I think we are getting on top of things I am given advance warning that I am going into consultation for redundancy for my job on Thursday :(
  • redofromstart
    Options
    oh no, everything crossed for you.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh bu***r. Another one with fingers crossed x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh no XSpender, I hope it's good news
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, I hope you can arrange it so you keep your job.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    Options
    Fingers crossed it's good news for you X Spender. xx
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6923.98/£15,000 XMAS: £607.21 CAR/HOUSE: £550
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories