Spend Nowt, Buy Nowt, Owe Nowt

Options

Comments

• Suffolk_lass
    Options
    It is the best thing, Vics on your chest and the soles of your feet to dispense with colds and temperatures. I hope you are fighting fit in time for your interview next week!
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It is the best thing, Vics on your chest and the soles of your feet to dispense with colds and temperatures. I hope you are fighting fit in time for your interview next week!

I hadn't tried the vix on the feet trick until last night but it certainly worked. Going to do it again tonight :)
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • db2016
    db2016 Posts: 343 Forumite
    Options
    awesome, yes i heard the hotels were being snapped up quick, even before people got tix!
    as someone semi local, i have been on group pages and helped a few people out with, directions, ideas for stays / lay of the land kinda thing.

good to know about the ID at venue thing, my "sell" link on ticketM, has disappeared (theyd buy back at face value, plus a lil to cover the booking fees). so it's good to know no ID needed, as i have friends of friends who couldnt get tickets so as long as i get my money back on them i'm sure i can pass them along.

XSpender wrote: »
    We are going to the Riverside too :D DH booked ours on the Wednesday as he got early access due to registering with their site in the summer.

It's a great concert to start with, mine was Imagination 35 years ago :rotfl:

I am sure you will be able to sell the tickets for face value as it is sold out everywhere. I have never been asked to produce ID/proof of purchase at a gig yet and we have been to at least one every year for the last few years. I bought Muf0rd & S0ns tickets off my nephew recently and never had a problem using them.

We have had to prepay for a hotel too which added another £145 to the cost :eek: and its only a premier inn.

This will be my 10 year old's 1st concert, he is a really into his music. I can't wait to see his face on Christmas morning when he unwraps a K1llers t shirt and the ticket confirmation drops out :rotfl:
  • XSpender
    Options
    Not much to report money wise.

My interview has been cancelled again as work have been advised the decision about the other contract is imminent although the deadline is a week away. If we secure it I am going to ask for my salary to be reviewed as I haven't had a pay rise since I started work for this company although I am expecting them to respond with I'm lucky I've still got a job!

Food budget has taken a bit of a bashing as I bought a few bits to batch cook the vegan meal plan for this week and we were both ill at the weekend so that didn't happen. This week we shouldn't need to spend much and I still have an £8 off £40 voucher for Mr T and 2 items to take back.

All the bits I ordered have turned up, still have a Lego set to pick up from Argos and will do that tomorrow as I seem to have DS with me all the time at the minute. Will also nip to B&M and £land to finish the adults stockings.

This weekend we are planning to sort out all the bedrooms, fix DS bed, clean the bedroom carpets and put up the rest of the Christmas decorations and the dining room tree. Most of this will be done Saturday as DS has training and a party with his club on Sunday.

Off to make a start on this pigsty before I pick up DS.
  • XSpender
    Options
    Bit the bullet and ordered a replacement dishwasher today with fitting as it is integrated and they will sort out the door and the kick board. When I began the order I could get it tomorrow and by the time I got to payment it was over a week away. It is now coming a week on Monday.

Finally picked up DS Lego set so all his gifts are now purchased. I still have DH, DM and DSD stockings to finish and token gifts for DM and DSD to purchase. Then I can start worrying about feeding everyone.:eek:

Tomorrow DH and I are sorting all the bedrooms, cleaning the carpets and putting up the rest of the Christmas decorations. DH also has spring bulbs to plant and I will do a food shop. Sunday DS is training and at a party. I think I will make a list on my next post with everything that needs doing this weekend. We have social events every weekend after this so it is do it now or do it never.

DS won star of the week at school this week but we ended up with a sobbing boy this evening. I think he is tired and missing his grandparents who have made no effort to contact him since August. He has spoken to them on the phone once but that was him asking to call them :(

DS has asked if he can start football training so I need to contact the club where all his friends play. I have warned him he might not get a place in the team as they have been playing a lot longer but it will be good exercise for him as they train twice a week while his rugby team only train/play once a week.

Right off to make that list......
  • XSpender
    edited 8 December 2019 at 7:58PM
    Options
    1) [STRIKE]Food shop[/STRIKE] DONE
    2) Make leek and potato soup, mince, enchiladas
    3) [STRIKE]Fix DS bed[/STRIKE]DONE (although the ottoman part will never work again:()
    4) Clean mattress
    5) Clean carpet in pink bedroom
    6) Clean guest room carpet
    7) [STRIKE]Change sheets on guest bed[/STRIKE] DONE
    8) [STRIKE]Change sheets on our bed[/STRIKE] DONE
    9) [STRIKE]Put up rest of Christmas decorations[/STRIKE] DONE
    10) Put up outside lights
    11) Plant spring bulbs NOT IN THE WIND AND RAIN WE’VE HAD!
    12) Stuff in loft - empty Christmas decks boxes, books and stuff from pink bedroom
    13) Library books back TO DO MONDAY
    14) Book donation to library -TO DROP OFF MONDAY, NOTHING OF VALUE TO SELL EXCEPT 2 WHICH WILL SELL ON FLEABAY
    15) [STRIKE]Sort out in DS room [/STRIKE]DONEsort toys to donate 1 big one so far!
    16) [STRIKE]Washing up to date[/STRIKE]DONE
    17) Ironing up to date almost and all non ironing and underwear put away
    18) [STRIKE]Sort shoes for DS nativity costume[/STRIKE] DONE
    19) [STRIKE]Buy more batteries[/STRIKE] DONE
    20) [STRIKE]Do something interesting with the ruddy elf [/STRIKE] DONE
    21) Vacuum stairs and landing
    22) Woodland walk with the dog too wet and windy
    23) [STRIKE]Buy craft materials for DS to make card for teacher[/STRIKE] DONE
    24) DS to write his cards half done
    25) [STRIKE]Make a start on my cards - work, abroad, UK, local [/STRIKE]- DONE
    26) Finish all Christmas shopping except DM plant basket more stocking fillers needed for DM & DSD
    27) Patch clean our bedroom carpet
    28) Clean kitchen DONEand floor
    29) Clean conservatory floor
    30) [STRIKE]Order chrome picture wire[/STRIKE] DONE
    31) DH suits and duvet to dry cleaners TO DO MONDAY
    32) Organise freezers to make room for/put Christmas stuff together
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Wow that is quite a list! Best of luck with it all. I haven't ventured into the elf tradition, not sure whether it would be the children who would enjoy it or the nutty puppies who would try to chew it!
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Number 20 is exactly why I avoided the elf thing like the plague!

Good luck with getting through the list. And big hugs to ds x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • XSpender
    Options
    Wow that is quite a list! Best of luck with it all. I haven't ventured into the elf tradition, not sure whether it would be the children who would enjoy it or the nutty puppies who would try to chew it!

You’ve saved yourself a lot of trouble by not doing the elf thing. Talking of dogs, DH set it all up last night but didn’t close the living door properly and the dog ate the props and scattered the rest about. Luckily DH was up long before DS (who had still been awake reading his book when I went to bed at 20 to 11!) so had chance to do it again.
  • XSpender
    Options
    Redundancy has been swerved and I start a new 2 year contract in January....phew :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family