IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC SCS Law Court Help!!!

Options
12346»

Comments

• Alex.o.2017
    Alex.o.2017 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    safarmuk wrote: »
    If the roads are public highway then who instructed the PPC? Surely, only the council would have been able to do so.

To be absolutely clear, were you parked on the road itself (e.g. on the tarmac that makes up the roadway between the kerbs) or on a visitors bay which was off the road (e.g. in a bay that was on the pavement side of the kerb that makes up the roadway)

When I requested proof of who instructed the PPC from SCS Law they stated "their client may do this" it all looks dodgy with signs attached to lampposts and tiny signs with no planning permission which I am led to believe is normal play for PPC scammers! :eek:
  • safarmuk
    safarmuk Posts: 648 Forumite
    edited 8 June 2017 at 10:31AM
    Options
    80% of the tickets are on a road (between curbs) where the double yellows stop and there is a car park behind, however the other tickets are from car parks that you need to cross over the payment to get to
    Ok, so if what the council say is correct then, the PCNs given when you are parked on the road (between the kerbs) are questionable because it is not private land and the PPC has overstepped - but you need to prove this. I'd be interested in others opinions on this.

The remaining 20% probably relate to the driver parking in bays which make up part of the estate where your friend used to live and are likely to be classed as private land.

Do you have the PPCs photo for each PCN to see which are on the road and which are not?
    When I requested proof of who instructed the PPC from SCS Law they stated "their client may do this" it all looks dodgy with signs attached to lampposts and tiny signs with no planning permission which I am led to believe is normal play for PPC scammers!
    Lets be honest here, SCS law probably don't know anything about your case except that they need to pursue you for money. It's unlikely they even know the street, area etc. As and when it goes to court you will likely just get bland and generic particulars of claim and you will be lucky if the original PCNs are in their evidence pack (which is why you always keep all the documentation sent to you with regard to a PCN)
  • Alex.o.2017
    Alex.o.2017 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    OK then... Quick update as I have been quietly doing my investigating :) I have received a land ownership map from the council which highlights the space I got a number of tickets in as "public highway" but does also highlight the "car park" spaces as private land... One car park out of the three ticket locations has no entrance signage and where the ticket was given the driver would have not had or seen any signage so I feel this is a good stance. The final location has an entrance sign but the "conditions" or parking signage is very small and could easily of been missed also... I feel strong that I can avoid all tickets apart from the location with the entrance sign as I feel that is a weak case. I am typing up my response to SCS law now and taking my time doing so as I don't want to put anything in there I don't want them knowing :) :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: also if and when it does go to court I will be back with outcomes and transcripts to better arm the next scam victim :) :A
  • Alex.o.2017
    Options
    Just popping in to show I am still kicking :) I am still yet to receive further correspondence from UKPScam I mean C a big giant C they are ;) I will keep you posted though don't worry :beer::beer::beer::j:j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure