IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC SCS Law Court Help!!!

Options

Comments

• Alex.o.2017
    Alex.o.2017 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Hahaha that is a very good idea! What grounds would I have to claim against them? Harassment? Stress? Would a judge not be annoyed that I was "time wasting" with a counter claim... Thanks all :) :beer:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,800 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Data misuse under the DPA and harassment = compensation. I wasn't joking.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Alex.o.2017
    Options
    That is an amazing point! Is there a template I can Base off or should I knock something up and post for approval?

Coupon-mad you are a serious credit to not just this forum but humanity in general!:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::D:D
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,800 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No template as this is quite new but we are learning this year how these can win:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5655023

Thread about DPA misuse and its possible application in PPC cases, thanks to Timothea here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5585388

HTH
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Alex.o.2017
    Options
    That makes for some fantastic reading! I will go over it and put a letter together and post on here. I have found something of interest on there though... I am being pursued as keeper and the signage although small and often missing from the ticket area states "no unauthorised parking" would this constitute a data misuse as the keeper cannot be hold accountable for trespass? :j:beer:
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I am being pursued as keeper and the signage although small and often missing from the ticket area states "no unauthorised parking" would this constitute a data misuse as the keeper cannot be hold accountable for trespass?
    They first have to contact the keeper in an attempt to ascertain the driver's details. A trespass case would first have to be proved, then that could open up the potential for a DPA breach claim.

But these are very early days in pursuing this strategy and only a couple of DPA breach claims have gone through. Any potential case you might have seems to have a further, unexplored dimension.

Unless you are prepared to spearhead this 'trespass' dimension through (and I'd suggest there'll be choppy waters at this early stage) with lots of work and research, then maybe just go for the more basic approach. Or, wait to see (and learn) how the early cases are being dealt with, then choose your moment.

You have up to 6 years to pursue this.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Alex.o.2017
    edited 8 June 2017 at 10:13AM
    Options
    I have just spoken to the local council and they state all roads in that area are public highway and there is no "private land" very ironic considering the "private land" UKPC signage... I will put together a good response about the DPA counter claim and compile my evidence for any case presented. I will state the poor signs, missing entrance signage and the confusion about where the ppcs remit actually is and ends. Then go in with the tickets are for no permit which is unauthorised parking eg no contract made but trespassing... You know trespassing on PUBLIC highways :) happy days :) let me chase up that planning query too!
  • Alex.o.2017
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    They first have to contact the keeper in an attempt to ascertain the driver's details. A trespass case would first have to be proved, then that could open up the potential for a DPA breach claim.

But these are very early days in pursuing this strategy and only a couple of DPA breach claims have gone through. Any potential case you might have seems to have a further, unexplored dimension.

Unless you are prepared to spearhead this 'trespass' dimension through (and I'd suggest there'll be choppy waters at this early stage) with lots of work and research, then maybe just go for the more basic approach. Or, wait to see (and learn) how the early cases are being dealt with, then choose your moment.

You have up to 6 years to pursue this.

OK I will steer clear of said waters for the moment put that you so much for the detailed explanation and on going support :) :beer:
  • safarmuk
    safarmuk Posts: 648 Forumite
    Options
    I have just spoken to the local council and they state all roads in that area are public highway and there is no "private land"
    If the roads are public highway then who instructed the PPC? Surely, only the council would have been able to do so.

To be absolutely clear, were you parked on the road itself (e.g. on the tarmac that makes up the roadway between the kerbs) or on a visitors bay which was off the road (e.g. in a bay that was on the pavement side of the kerb that makes up the roadway)
  • Alex.o.2017
    Options
    80% of the tickets are on a road (between curbs) where the double yellows stop and there is a car park behind, however the other tickets are from car parks that you need to cross over the payment to get to :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure