We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

I've just finished my degree!!!!!!! come celebrate with me!!!!!

Options

Comments

• mrsspendalot
    Options
    Gemmzie wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I only have one exam in the whole three years :D:p

1 exam :eek: :eek: :eek: I have had 5 exams and 5 pieces of examinable coursework!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :p :rolleyes:
    Olympic Countdown Challenge #145 ~ DFW Nerd #389 ~ Debt Free Date: [STRIKE]December 2015[/STRIKE] September 2015

:j BabySpendalot arrived 26/6/11 :j
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Congrats :j :j :j :j :j !!!!!

I did my degree with the OU also, and really miss the adrenalin rush of exams (yes, I know it's sad!!! :o )
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    Yahooooooooooooooooooo! Well done you! When I finished essays I used to put the cranberries on full blast & dance round with wine, singing full blast! Great until my cd;s got nicked when we were burgled! Well done you! You have done SO well to get it finished so quickly as well as briging littluns up!! Hard enough full time at uni! NOw you can breathe a huge sigh of relief & chill for a bit! What is planned next?
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• mrsspendalot
    Options
    Yahooooooooooooooooooo! Well done you! When I finished essays I used to put the cranberries on full blast & dance round with wine, singing full blast! Great until my cd;s got nicked when we were burgled! Well done you! You have done SO well to get it finished so quickly as well as briging littluns up!! Hard enough full time at uni! NOw you can breathe a huge sigh of relief & chill for a bit! What is planned next?

lol thanks! Yes it has been hard slog fitting in essays and exams round pregnancy and giving birth, lol :rotfl: I remember when I was pregnant with baby #3 sitting in the exam hall and the invigilator was panicking in case I went into labour with the stress! She sat me right at the back near the door in case my waters broke so I could run out without disturbing anyone else!

No chilling time for me, I am continuing to study :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am moving to social science and psychology and then next year I am going to start a Masters in Social Science (once I am debt free and can afford it :rotfl: )
    Olympic Countdown Challenge #145 ~ DFW Nerd #389 ~ Debt Free Date: [STRIKE]December 2015[/STRIKE] September 2015

• MissKJ
    MissKJ Posts: 780 Forumite
    Options
    I know the feeling Mrs S.

After finshing my degree last year (lucky to get funded place from home office on pilot course). I now would like to do the next honours degee, but the fees are too high right now. I also find managing money, which I am doing better, a little time consuming. If I threw myself into another course, I wouldn't keep myself focused on the important task of dealing with my debts. I still have to get to grips with ebay and matched betting yet???

Not enough hours in the day holding down full time job, but learning is addictive. I have just started a nice easy fun course at local college in a foreign language. Interesting, but not too taxing or time consuming. It is so good to get into study habits, then keep them going. Once you take a break, it is harder to get back into it. I love it now so much more than when I was younger.

WELL DONE YOU...Mines a wine....
    unsecured Debts at [strike]August 2007 £79,984[/strike] September £79,579 [STRIKE]Snowballing date July 2013[/STRIKE].

May 2009, £76,772 unsecured debts

DMP started Dec 2008, End date at start 2133!
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    1 exam :eek: :eek: :eek: I have had 5 exams and 5 pieces of examinable coursework!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :p :rolleyes:

Yup it's all coursework and assignments :D
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    [IMG]http://smileys.!!!!!!/cat/13/13_1_217.gif[/IMG]

Well done you, I know how difficult it is to study, fit in kids etc etc.

xx
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • mrsspendalot
    Options
    Love the smiley Hypno!

I just can't wait for the results now, it is going to be a long long couple of months!!!

• In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    Wow you are a glutton for punishment but then I cant talk as discovered education at the age of 24 & then gave up a job & studied for about 11 (degree, masters & then post qualifying social work - still cant spell for toffee & grammar remains appalling!) years non stop! Currently having a break & enjoying learning about my allotment instead! Enjoy & well done! As for nearly dropping a sprog while doing an exam laughed out loud!!!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations Missus!!! Well done :T :T :T
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing