We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

I've just finished my degree!!!!!!! come celebrate with me!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Toto
    Toto Posts: 6,680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done, I had mixed feelings about finishing mine. On the one hand I was really happy to get the work bit out of the way, but I was sad to see the end of the cheap beer in the student union. Then the terror hit me that I might be expected to get a proper job.... To solve that problem I became a musician :)

Enjoy your new essay free life; I'm really pleased for you.
    :A
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" - Albert Einstein
  • Burlesque_Babe
    Options
    Well done!!!

i'm on the water at the moment, but I'll be having a drink later as I've been slogging on AQA all day to get my stats in order so when they look at me for the promotion I've applied for everything will be tidy and in order.

I have got some Cadbury's chocolate fingers though if anyone wants one :D
    :D"Stay Wonky":D

:j:jBecome Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012 :j:j
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations!

Any wise words for someone starting a degree on Tuesday ??
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    congratulations, i remember the feeling of handing in my dissertation and the relief. fingers crossed for the results.
  • Toto
    Options
    keren29 wrote: »

I have got some Cadbury's chocolate fingers though if anyone wants one :D

No thanks, I've eaten 3/4 packet of tesco finest strawberry fruit treats and I feel a bit sick now. Serves me right eh.
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" - Albert Einstein
  • Toto
    Options
    Gemmzie wrote: »
    Congratulations!

Any wise words for someone starting a degree on Tuesday ??

Yes, never pop out for 'just the one' the night before your first final. I remember waking up on the sofa with bacon on my leg, glitter in my hair and a bright pink affro wig stuck to my chin.

I walked into uni, felt it wasn't safe to drive. Sat down and waited for my exam to start, fell asleep. Kicked awake by friend on next table. The words on the exam paper all started moving around, which was really rude of them I thought (exams are a serious business words!!). So, I sprinkled the remaining glitter in my hair on the exam paper before running out to throw up in the litter bin in the foyer.
  • Burlesque_Babe
    Options
    Toto wrote: »
    Yes, never pop out for 'just the one' the night before your first final. I remember waking up on the sofa with bacon on my leg, glitter in my hair and a bright pink affro wig stuck to my chin.

I walked into uni, felt it wasn't safe to drive. Sat down and waited for my exam to start, fell asleep. Kicked awake by friend on next table. The words on the exam paper all started moving around, which was really rude of them I thought (exams are a serious business words!!). So, I sprinkled the remaining glitter in my hair on the exam paper before running out to throw up in the litter bin in the foyer.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I had a friend at Uni who drank 24 pints in the day and night before his finals at the end of the first year........he made it to the exam!! His mate was a wuss and apparently copped out at 16 pints...........:rotfl:
    :D"Stay Wonky":D

:j:jBecome Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012 :j:j
  • OliveOyl_2
    OliveOyl_2 Posts: 3,506 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations MrsS. Enjoy your celebrations.

:beer:
    Toto, I'm imagining a drink-up that involved an afro wig, slices of bacon (or was it lardons?) and glitter........Nope, can't picture it ;)
  • Toto
    Options
    OliveOyl wrote: »
    Congratulations MrsS. Enjoy your celebrations.

:beer:
    Toto, I'm imagining a drink-up that involved an afro wig, slices of bacon (or was it lardons?) and glitter........Nope, can't picture it ;)

Beats me too, I'm told I was there but I can't swear to that one :D
  • Toto
    Options
    keren29 wrote: »
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I had a friend at Uni who drank 24 pints in the day and night before his finals at the end of the first year........he made it to the exam!! His mate was a wuss and apparently copped out at 16 pints...........:rotfl:

24 pints, good man. Did his words dance around too?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport