We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

I've just finished my degree!!!!!!! come celebrate with me!!!!!

Options

Comments

• rockie4
    rockie4 Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Congratulations MrsS:j :j :j :j :j
    It's a fantastic feeling isn't it?
    I did mine with the OU - fantastic - still miss the summer schools;) ;)

Enjoy your celebrations:beer: :beer: :beer:
  • OliveOyl_2
    OliveOyl_2 Posts: 3,506 Forumite
    Options
    I did my degree as a machure student (as if) and the course I did was very male, I spent my time being surrogate mum to about 20 nice young men :rotfl: I never mis-behaved like you lot.

Mrs S it is perfectly possible to celebrate in a sober manner........I never did, nor have I seen any other uni student do so, but I'm sure it is possible.:D
  • Burlesque_Babe
    Options
    Well, my OH's son has gone off to start Uni today......I feel like opening a book on how long his grant will last........I don't think it will be very long!
    :D"Stay Wonky":D

:j:jBecome Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012 :j:j
  • Toto
    Toto Posts: 6,680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    keren29 wrote: »
    Well, my OH's son has gone off to start Uni today......I feel like opening a book on how long his grant will last........I don't think it will be very long!

Grant :eek: do they still exist or are you showing your age my dear :rotfl:
    :A
    :A
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" - Albert Einstein
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    well done! :j I'm in my final year and am worried about how hard it will be! x
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    Toto wrote: »
    Grant :eek: do they still exist or are you showing your age my dear :rotfl:

They brought back grants last year to lower incomes :D Tis ace
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    Toto wrote: »
    Yes, never pop out for 'just the one' the night before your first final. I remember waking up on the sofa with bacon on my leg, glitter in my hair and a bright pink affro wig stuck to my chin.

I walked into uni, felt it wasn't safe to drive. Sat down and waited for my exam to start, fell asleep. Kicked awake by friend on next table. The words on the exam paper all started moving around, which was really rude of them I thought (exams are a serious business words!!). So, I sprinkled the remaining glitter in my hair on the exam paper before running out to throw up in the litter bin in the foyer.
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I only have one exam in the whole three years :D:p
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • mrsspendalot
    Options
    Well done.
    If you don't mind me asking how long did it take?

I took my first course in 2000, but then I took 3 years off. I started my degree proper in 2003/4, so it has taken me 3 full academic years. Part time degrees are supposed to take 6 years to complete, but I studied at the rate of a full time student to get it done quicker.
    Olympic Countdown Challenge #145 ~ DFW Nerd #389 ~ Debt Free Date: [STRIKE]December 2015[/STRIKE] September 2015

:j BabySpendalot arrived 26/6/11 :j
  • mrsspendalot
    Options
    cazziebo wrote: »
    Congratulations from another OU-er! :T :T :T :T :T

(But be careful - you might miss studying! I finished one degree two years ago and after six months started another one. Two exams coming up in October :rolleyes: )

But enjoy that feeling now!

XXX

Yes, lol, I am starting another couple of courses now :rotfl: :rotfl: :rolleyes:
    Olympic Countdown Challenge #145 ~ DFW Nerd #389 ~ Debt Free Date: [STRIKE]December 2015[/STRIKE] September 2015

• mrsspendalot
    Options
    Gemmzie wrote: »
    Congratulations!

Any wise words for someone starting a degree on Tuesday ??

Gosh, I don't know! Stay motivated, stay on top of the reading and enjoy yourself along the way! I had to give up TV in order to succeed with mine as I only had evenings to study!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family