No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries May 2017

Options

Comments

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    IN : Nuce and Easy hair colour kit.

14 Sanctuary Spa body scrub this was a small tube that came in a gift set. I really don't like the fragrance and won't repurchase. Will give remaining unopened items away.

I now only have my Lush cup o Coffee in use and a Rituals one in stash. I don't want to use the Rituals one though till I'm ready to use the whole gift set. I'm planning a trip to the Trafford centre next weekend and will get something from Boots as I like to use my cup o Coffee on my face only to make it last.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sunny_money
    sunny_money Posts: 361 Forumite
    Options
    Another NBI, but tools this time - Eco Tools sponges for applying/blending.
    I like these and so did other reviewers. One of the YouTube vloggers describes this as her HG of sponges, and she isn't the brand ambassador either.

I think the Eco Tools sponges are great too - they are better than the Real Techniques sponges - they absorb less make up and are a better shape. Highly recommend.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Goodness, we're nearly halfway through the month already! I've had a bit of a flurry of UUs:

2. Primark Sea Salt and Lavender candle WBA
    3. Umberto Giannini Intense Beauty Conditioner WNBA. Bad packaging and doesn't seem to do anything.
    4. Maybelline Eye Eraser Concealer WBA but I hate the packaging!
    5. Candle Belle Parfum de Paris wax melt WBA but as a candle.
    6. Ren Moroccan Rose Otto Shower Gel WMBA. It is a bit pricey but I would possibly buy if there was a good offer.
    7. Lush Twilight Bath Bomb WBA although this one sank and fell to pieces instantly. My fault for leaving it so long to use it.
    8. Simple Cleansing Wipes WBA
    9. Primark Bamboo and Jasmine Candle WBA
    10. Garnier Pure Active Micellar Water WBA. Pleased to UU it though as it's a huge bottle!
    11. Kerastase Elixir Ultime Shampoo mini WNBA Didn't like the smell or how it left my hair.
    12. Alberto Balsam Volume Boost conditioner WMBA. Not my favourite of the range as it is not quite rich enough for my hair so I got through it really quickly but still pretty good and nice smell.

Good job I got that lot finished as I also went on a candle spree. Whoops! Here are the INs:
    1-3. Ikea Lugga 2-wick candles
    4. Sanex Dermo Sensitive Shower Cream
    5. Sanex Pro Hydrate Shower Cream
    6-7. DW Home Lavender candle x2 - best Lavender scent I've ever smelt in a candle.
    8. DW Home Gardenia Rose candle
    9. DW Home Tobacco Noir candle

I really like the DW Home candles but they're an American brand that I can only occasionally get hold of in TK Maxx so I like to grab them when I can! The Sanex shower creams were on better than half price and I have nearly finished my current one. And the Ikea candles were an addition to an online order my sister was doing because she asked if I wanted anything and I have no willpower.

I've really been wanting to buy makeup recently but whenever I look online or go into Superdrug etc I'm not feeling inspired by anything. I suppose that's a good thing! Everything just seems like the 'same old, same old'. There's only so many ways to do a neutral palette I guess! There are a few things I'm umming and ahhing about online but trying to find more reviews first.

I'll try and catch up on the thread properly soon. Hope you're all having a good weekend :)
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    I finished my beloved bielenda super power mezo serum. It is amazing as it contains a lot of good stuff 10% aha and vitamin b3. It was so good and excellent value. I have a 2 caudalie and a sunday riley serum to use up and i want to use it up.

I have a tiny drop of neutrogena micelluar water, it is nice. I know it sound silly but im not keen on the blue bottle but after a topple to the ground, it did not spill.

I have a load of items that are nearing finishing. My lancome eye liner has a 1 1/2 cm left, soon it will not be pareable. I seem to be using a lot but my products are so long lasting now as i have gotten rid of a lot of the easy victories.
  • savingfortomorrow
    savingfortomorrow Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 May 2017 at 12:51PM
    Options
    i was reading the washington post this morning and spotted something alarming to all of us beauty addicts. There was a haul of fake cosmetics including asian, notably including south korean brands and american brands. The haul contained 70 tonnes of counterfeit cosmetics, ingredients and compounds that could be hazardous to health. Some of this will have gotten into the supply chain.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/cambodian-raids-net-70-tons-of-fake-cosmetics-ingredients/2017/05/08/e7059a84-33eb-11e7-ab03-aa29f656f13e_story.html?utm_term=.1078fb7783bf

Please be very careful about purchasing any items that look a bit off or from unreliable sources. 70 tonnes of fake cosmetics!!
  • sunny_money
    sunny_money Posts: 361 Forumite
    Options
    KT2802 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a decent eye cream? I am in my 30s, main complaints are dark circles and few fine lines. I'm using a la Roche posay one at the moment which does the job in terms of it is moisturising but no change on dark circles or lines. Think it is tricky to get rid of those unfortunately!

I have pale skin and dark circles, likely genetic. I have used various eye cream for dark circles for 15 years - all they do is lighten the skin and I think that makes them even more obvious! I am giving up on specific cream after I finish what I have left. I will use a normal eye cream and start taking vitamin K tablets. I also don't get on with concealers, feel like it just looks like you have a different texture of make up and looks obvious. :-(
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Options
    15 Sanctuary Spa bath milk glad it's gone. WDNBA. I don't buy specific bath products- just chuck in shower gel.

TA OPI Berlin There Done That. Painted my toes with it but it looks a mess. Have painted my finger nails with ESSIE With The Band.

Have a few items that will probably be UUed this week:-

L'Occitane 10ml hand cream
    Boots Extracts 50ml Peppermint body butter
    L'Occitane Almond Oil shower oil
    Boots no 7 face wipes

I keep spraying the TBS Perfume as room spray. Won't be wearing it this week. Have swapped it for Paco Rabanne Olympea.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    in boots botanics scrub and waterproof eye make remover
    out maybeline eyeliner in a felt pen it is really old and not being used at all
  • KT2802
    KT2802 Posts: 595 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Think I will save my money then too sunnymoney will just keep using eye creams that are moisturising and don't cost a fortune. I have bought an under eye corrector to put on before concealer so will see how I get on with that.

Few more UU (can't remember what number I'm up to)

- Sanctuary white lily and damask rose body wash 75ml - this was disappointing, could barely smell the rose.

- Clarins lotus face treatment oil 30ml - had this for a while as took a while to UU. WBA though, lovely face oil. Have 2 others to try and UU before I decide which to repurchase.

- Sisley anti ageing moisturiser sample - used this twice and still some left but it is far too rich for my skin. Going to TA the rest.
  • InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi ladies! :wave:

I've UU another Corsodyl Daily Mouthwash and cracked open a new one.

I hope you are all well. Sorry to read and run but I have had an awful day and I'm playing catch-up with myself.
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family