No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries May 2017

Options

Comments

• savingfortomorrow
    Options
    katison

I hope your friend makes a swift recovery and he is back to normal soon. It is terrible to have happened to him
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    katison

I hope your friend makes a swift recovery and he is back to normal soon. It is terrible to have happened to him

Thank you, he is home from the hospital now and people are making sure he's not alone, he's on a lot of pain relief and he's the sort that will ignore doctor's orders! I am 'sitting' him for a few hours tomorrow afternoon while his mum goes and picks up his girls from their mum's.

He's coming here for cuddles with my big fat ginger cat who loves attention, so he'll be very happy!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One UU this morning:

Superdrug Cherry & Almond Shower Gel 250ml WPNBA. This was nice, but I've used better shower gels. It did the job, so I can't complain.
  • fixx
    fixx Posts: 792 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    One little UU – though I don’t really count nail polishes…

- Ciate mini in ‘headliner’. I loooooove this colour. Fortunately I had a second mini one  Just about managed to do one coat on one hand only last night with the old bottle, then gave up and opened the second one for other hand and subsequent coats.

I’m been having a problem the last few weeks with odd, very deep/subsurface spots on my face :( I suspect it might be my Elemis serum (Pro-Collagen Super Serum Elixir) – it’s the first time I’ve used that particular serum, and it’s the only change I made that coincides time wise… But I’ve never reacted to anything Elemis before. And I don’t have any other serums in my stash to swap to for a time to try – and I really don’t want to buy one just to test the Elemis one! My skin has also started feeling less balanced recently, with drier patches appearing around my nose.

I’ll have to dig out something vaguely serum like, or just go with moisturiser only for a week I think.
  • KT2802
    KT2802 Posts: 595 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Kadison so sorry to hear about your friend. Glad to hear he's back home, hope he is well on the way to recovery soon. So awful and scary. Your cat sounds gorgeous!

I looked at the CH box too, looked good as I wanted to try the Zelens Serum and the Tata Harpur eye cream which I think those 2 products alone cost the same as the box!! Decided not to buy though as is a lot of money and I have other products to use.

Can anyone recommend a decent eye cream? I am in my 30s, main complaints are dark circles and few fine lines. I'm using a la Roche posay one at the moment which does the job in terms of it is moisturising but no change on dark circles or lines. Think it is tricky to get rid of those unfortunately!

Have had to throw away a half full can of Batiste, does anyone else find that sometimes no powder seems to come out? It still sprays but no white powder comes out which means I find it doesn't absorb any oil from my hair. I find this always happens with the blush scent one. I must have forgotten though when I bought this again. Replaced with another can in a different fragrance.

Should have a few more UU soon. Have been using some samples of things.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    kadison wrote: »
    Thank you, he is home from the hospital now and people are making sure he's not alone, he's on a lot of pain relief and he's the sort that will ignore doctor's orders! I am 'sitting' him for a few hours tomorrow afternoon while his mum goes and picks up his girls from their mum's.

He's coming here for cuddles with my big fat ginger cat who loves attention, so he'll be very happy!

Oh goodness, the poor guy, he is lucky to have such good friends in you and OH. I am a cyclist and I rarely ride on the road, we do have cycle paths, but as well as those, we have very wide grass verges throughout our town.
    I ride on those or on the pavement, pedestrians are fairly thin on the ground outside school drop off / pick up time and peak dogwalking periods.

I have had a very useful NBI. Six bottles of HiPP Head To Toe Wash, which I can use as shampoo, shower gel, and hand wash.
    I've used it as handwash and shampoo so far and really like it. It probably won't be so good for hair that is heavy with hairspray or similar but ideal for washing after using a hair colour, for example.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    13 Boots Extracts Coconut body butter gorgeous. Will dig a new one out of the stash tomorrow.

Have TA my bottle of OPI Espresso Your Style. Not getting much product on the brush. Am wearing OPI Barefoot in Barcelona l
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My first two INs for May
    200ml BS Camomile oil cleanser
    100ml Tony &Guy styling creme
    No UU as I tried to bring enough of everything to last the whole time,but hopefully will finish a Gatineau moisturiser and a facial oil.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    KT2802 - sometimes undereye circles are just genetic but I think sometimes it can be diet related so that might be worth looking into.

Kadison - hope your friend is on the mend. I cycle about 80 miles per week on my own for fitness and because I love it, I do it all on the road and the amount of other cyclists (men - always) cycling dressed completely in black with no helmet is unbelievable. They always seem to get away with it though.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • KT2802
    KT2802 Posts: 595 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Thanks dolly yes I'm pretty sure it's genetic unfortunately

UU Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean 350ml - WBA, couldn't get the last bit out and got fed up of trying! Was only a tiny bit left though. I usually use this one night and then a balm cleanser the next. I only have balm cleansers left now so going to try just using those every night and see how I get on. If that doesn't work out I will replace this probably.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure