No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries May 2017

Options

Comments

• SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    I used the MAC Prep and Prime SPF50 when I was in the US and buy it for holidays. It is fab. It's a lotion rather than silicone type primer.

Thanks will give it a go, I tend to catch the sun quite badly on my face in the warmer months, and hate having to layer up with loads of products hopefully high SPF and primer in one will help.
  • savingfortomorrow
    savingfortomorrow Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    Options
    I use the la roche posey dry powder spf 50 spray that i spray all over my make up it is amazing. I use it as a setting spray as once it goes over a full face of makeup it stays perfectly all day. it is light weight and so brilliant. I am so photosensitive that i will not out in the midday sun unless really needed. this made a massive difference to my life and ability to stay out sight seeing with out being burnt. use it as a top up over the lotion, that can be simply reapplied through out the day.
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Another OUT today:

Hylamide Hydra-Density Mist 120ml I sold this on a Skincare Exchange and I only used it about 3 times so it's going to someone who might enjoy it more.
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    Options
    I use the la roche posey dry powder spf 50 spray that i spray all over my make up it is amazing. I use it as a setting spray as once it goes over a full face of makeup it stays perfectly all day. it is light weight and so brilliant. I am so photosensitive that i will not out in the midday sun unless really needed. this made a massive difference to my life and ability to stay out sight seeing with out being burnt. use it as a top up over the lotion, that can be simply reapplied through out the day.

Thanks I'll have a look at that one as well.
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    In regard to under make-up spf, I heartily recommend Boots Soltan Once in SPF 30 or 50, it stays active for 8 hours so generally speaking you won't need to reapply and it improves my skin so much I often go without make-up!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Another UU: L'Oreal Everstrong Shampoo.
    WIBA? (I actually bought this, rather than it being a freebie. Don't fall over in shock :D .)
    I'm not sure. I can remember raving about this when I first tried it - when it was a freebie- and I promptly bought another tube. This has lasted for years as it got very battered looking and was hidden out of sight. My hair did seem to get used to it - how does that happen -it isn't logical, is it?

My Nioxin intensive treatment conditioner still has another treatment or two left in the tube, happily.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    10 Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean do like this. Have a full sized Liz Earle C&P (not the original though) to use next. I will then have no cleansers in my stash. There is a LE TSV coming up on 23 May and I'm planning on picking up some C&P from the folks on QVSell.

11 Diamond Resort body lotion 75ml I think Emma brought this home from Lanzarote. Was lovely. Smelt of green tea/Verbena.

12 L'Occitane Rose Shea hand cream 10ml This was nice but would not specially repurchase.

So 3 more items gone from PP List so 3 more categories

A bronzer : I only own 1 specific bronzer which is a Tarte Park Avenue Princess one with pink shades. Here is link. However I've been using
    Lo-Fi from the UD Gwen Stefani blush palette as bronzer this week and am pleased with the look so want to keep this out for the month to see if I can hit pan.

http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-colored-clay-bronzer-blush

A gimme product - this apparently is a product that you'll find easy to finish. Am choosing another L'Occitane 10ml hand cream (the Shea one). The hand wash at work dries my skin out so much that I have to keep applying this.

Oldest item in your collection. I need to think about this. Was going to use OPI Espresso Your Style but can't get top off! Have repainted my nails and am wearing OPI By Popular Vote.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Treasurequeen
    Treasurequeen Posts: 615 Forumite
    Options
    Another NBI, but tools this time - Eco Tools sponges for applying/blending.
    I like these and so did other reviewers. One of the YouTube vloggers describes this as her HG of sponges, and she isn't the brand ambassador either.

I use eco tools brushes and they are really good. they are my HG items, I will never be going back to other makeup brushes.
  • Treasurequeen
    Treasurequeen Posts: 615 Forumite
    Options
    I am in again this month, thanks for the new thread. Two INS green people spf face cream and green peoples spf lip balm. They both offer very good coverage and my sensitive skin loves it and they don't have a scent which is good. One UU Liz Earle mini trial moisturiser it came free with a kit it is my HG item for winter.
  • Houseplant26
    Houseplant26 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kadison - I can relate slightly to the buying repeats in different colours/scents but I've mostly done this with clothes and stationary and I've been a lot better with toiletries. I got my stash down a lot through this thread and waiting to buy things/ thinking them over. Good luck getting yours down a bit and well done for selling nail varnish. I'm ashamed to say I very rarely paint mine despite owning a fair few! I keep seeing friends with amazing gel style nails from DIY kits and it's making me want to buy one but I need to resist! If I did I should sell some of my nail varnish to fund it!

The GWP is the Space NK one. I plan to buy Emma hardie cleansing balm, living proof shampoo and conditioner, maybe an oskia cleanser (I will have none by time I come to buy) and maybe some other bits. I also will need a foundation very soon as scraping last tiny bit out of a stock style one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure