No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries May 2017

Options

Comments

• Fiasco55
    Fiasco55 Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've not been posting much over the last year for personal reasons but I have continued with the challenge and can now say I have finally got my "hoarding problem" under control. I now have less than 10% of my original stash and it is things I use.

My goal was to get less than 150 items which I have done! :j:j:j. It's only taken 7 and a half years...:o. I can now say I'm I graduate of this challenge. Thanks to this friendly and supportive thread I can now pass through a shop without the fear of needing to buy something just in case. It's even helped my bf streamline his collection too.
    No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017
    Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1580 items :j
    2018 3060 items
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 038
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    asajj wrote: »
    Hi everyone, another week has gone. I was feeling a bit down with work being stressful and disappointing but try to keep going. I haven't had a lot off UUs as I now cycle to work and use minimal make up because of this.
    I have been trying to be nice and not buying anything. Mostly successful with one exception. Visited Boots last week to just look around and on their clearance shelf, I have noticed Nails.Inc paint can gift set for £5. It includes a top coat and the paint can (colour name is Porchester Square). I always wanted to try this one, so bought it.

I have uu'ed Clarins Iris toning lotion, a HG and replaced by the same from the stash. I have also UU'ed TBS Chinese Gingseng & Rice mask and a Garnier Time Bomb moisture sheet mask.

TBS masks are really good and 100% vegetarian if anyone is looking for one.I WMBA once I uu some of the masks I have including samples.

GTB sheet mask is nice enough but I find sheet masks a bit dubious :P Prefer a traditional one. WNBA.

Hope all well, have a good week.

I love that TBS mask. Use it once a week and my skin feels so soft and looks brighter after it.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have had to TA the bottle if Leighton Denny I Love Juicy lacquer. Tried adding thinner to it but it was not applying smoothly at all. Also repainted my tie nails with OPI Elephantastic Pink which felt the same way. Both are old colours in my collection. Whilst I'll definitely repurchase EP I won't repurchase ILJ. I have a mini to start with and also think OPI She's a Bad Muffeketa is a good dupe.

Am wearing OPI Let me Bayou a Drink on finger nails.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Fiasco55 wrote: »
    I've not been posting much over the last year for personal reasons but I have continued with the challenge and can now say I have finally got my "hoarding problem" under control. I now have less than 10% of my original stash and it is things I use.

My goal was to get less than 150 items which I have done! :j:j:j. It's only taken 7 and a half years...:o. I can now say I'm I graduate of this challenge. Thanks to this friendly and supportive thread I can now pass through a shop without the fear of needing to buy something just in case. It's even helped my bf streamline his collection too.
    :T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
    :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
    Congratulations on graduating! I wondered what had happened to you, and I hope things haven't been too bad.

I started the thread off this month so I have had the very rare pleasure of adding you to the list of graduates. :D:T
    Brilliant!
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • KT2802
    KT2802 Posts: 595 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi all, have just been catching up on the thread. There were lots of things I wanted to reply too but is tricky when posting on an iPad!

Welcome back mad scientist and congratulations fiasco! Thsnks for the hot brush review And, I am thinking about cutting my hair to shoulder length and wonder if something like this would be helpful then for styling. I currently have quite long hair.

I have UU a couple of things - a mini batiste and a 75ml sanctuary bath soak. Batiste is an essential for me and the bubble bath was nice enough although had to use quite a bit for the bubbles to last. I am trying to UU some samples and am regularly rotating my make up after my clear out a few weeks ago. Have to confess that I have also bought a few things, some needed others very much not needed!
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One OUT:

Superdrug Simply Pure Hydrating Serum This was sold on a Skincare Exchange and I've posted it off today :)
  • pirateyqueen
    pirateyqueen Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    1 UU, Living Proof Full shampoo travel size WBA
    No more goo hoarding!

2018 UU: 9 IN: 1 TA: 0 Total: 58/67
    2017 UU: 50 IN: 16 TA: 2 Total: 42/78 2016 UU: 53 IN: 17 TA: 0 Total: 36/72
    2015 UU: 74 IN: 43 TA: 3 Total: 32/64
    2014 UU: 114 IN: 67 TA: 7 Total: 38/92
  • lucia22
    lucia22 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    UU

Radox Muscle Soak Bath Soak 500ml
    - Decided to use up the last of this last night as I've accumulated lots of bath stuff over Christmas. This was a good bubble bath - very soothing. WDBA.

John Frieda Miraculous Recovery Intensive Masque 10ml sample
    - This was great and left my hair very soft so it definitely did the trick. WDBA and consider purchasing in a larger size. Have three hair masks left in the stash so will use up them first.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
  • mad_scientist
    mad_scientist Posts: 399 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations fiasco! :j:j:j

After a whole week of May I finally managed some UU :D (which auto corrected to guys on my tablet for some reason lol)

FCUK sugar scrub - WMBA was nice and scrubby, just a little oily. Could make the bathtub slippy!

Suisse programme moisturiser sample- not called moisturiser though, it was given a silly name. WNBA this was a free sample I was handed, nothing special. It was only 5ml but it lasted FOREVER

I am hopeful for more UU this week, loads of stuff is on its last legs
    No more buying unnecessary toiletries 2018
    35 UU / 13 unnecessary ins
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hello all, can I come back please? My buying has got out of hand, not drastically but I still have far more than is necessary and I need help! Does anyone remember me? I'm not sure I'd remember me! ;)
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills