No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries May 2017

Options

Comments

• savingfortomorrow
    Options
    i use eco brushes daily for my eye shadow. I prefer them to lancome brushes as they are so fast to apply eye shadow.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wow, I've rocketed through stuff:-

Updated PP List for May:-

[STRIKE]Boots Extracts Mango body scrub
    Liz Earle Lavender and Basil hand repair
    [STRIKE]Mandara Spa body butter
    Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean
    Boots acetone nail polish Remover
    [/STRIKE]Liz Earle Skin Repair moisturiser (night cream)[STRIKE][/STRIKE]
    [/STRIKE]Tarte foundation
    [STRIKE][STRIKE]Diamond resort body lotion[/STRIKE][/STRIKE]

The Tarte foundation has been cut open and I keep scraping product out. Problem with this is that I can end up with too much on application and it then feels cakey.

Have added these items:-

Kind Natured shampoo
    Kind Natured conditioner
    Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Lo-Fi blush
    Loccitane 10ml original shea hand cream

5 by Summer.

[STRIKE]Leighton Denny I love juicy lacquer.[/STRIKE]

Swapped in OPI Elephantastic Pink instead as I TA the LD lacqueer. Have been pulling out old lacquers lately to see if they have much product in them/I feel the love for them. This bottle is getting low as application was patchy when I painted my toes with it a week or so ago.

No7 eyeshadow. One of the teeny ones that come with GWP. - still going strong. Quite like this. Nice and shimmery.

Kat Von D eyeliner - still going strong! Surely must be finished by the end of the challenge? - dare I say it that I'm getting a bit bored of this now!

Urban Decay Vice eyeliner. This will be my fail I thinka as I'm concentrating too much on the KVD one above.

The Body Shop Amazonian Lily perfume. An inch of product left. I keep using it as room spray too. Want this to be gone by 20 June. If not, it will be binned.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • mad_scientist
    mad_scientist Posts: 399 Forumite
    Options
    kadison wrote: »
    Hello all, can I come back please? My buying has got out of hand, not drastically but I still have far more than is necessary and I need help! Does anyone remember me? I'm not sure I'd remember me! ;)

I remember you as well! :wave: Welcome back Kadison

I was reading through your stash list thinking, this doesn't seem so bad, what was she worried about? And then I got to the make up section :rotfl::rotfl:
    My make up stash is probably just as big as yours but I am too scared and lazy to write it all down!

I only rejoined the challenge after a 3 year break this month as well so we can be returnees together :D
    No more buying unnecessary toiletries 2018
    35 UU / 13 unnecessary ins
  • mad_scientist
    mad_scientist Posts: 399 Forumite
    Options
    UU 3 - Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise mini perfume - WMBA, it was nice enough as a daytime work perfume. By the time I work through all the perfumes in my stash I will have forgotten all about it though!
    No more buying unnecessary toiletries 2018
    35 UU / 13 unnecessary ins
  • fixx
    fixx Posts: 792 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done VALM, you're speeding through them!

One 2 UU's for me so far, including one on my PP list.
    - Clinique eye serum (mini). WPB – I really like this, and seems to work. Sinks in really well, and lasts ages, even the small sample sizes
    - Benefit Firm It Up! eye serum sample. WPB – again, I liked it, though only had enough for 3 applications, so hard to say for sure. I'd like to try it again though.

Welcome back kadison :D What an awesome stash – I’ve keen to hear your reviews as you work your way through. How do you store it all though? :eek:
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I remember everyone from before and I'm still here :o
    Was MIA last month and only just checking back in for this month.
    My stash isn't getting any smaller but isn't getting any larger! :) Products take so long to UU though.
    I do have some outs for March & April, made up some raffle prizes with some items from damaged boxes (took them out the boxes first!) and wrapped up in cellophane and tied with a pretty bow (recycled from Christmas! :rotfl:) so that cleared some space. Will do the same again with other items too.
    Have got a new job and will be spending some time in airports but won't be tempted as things are so expensive but it will give me a chance to try some new lines!! :p
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    asset2004 wrote: »
    Have got a new job and will be spending some time in airports but won't be tempted as things are so expensive but it will give me a chance to try some new lines!! :p

Welcome back again and congratulations on the new job. It sounds very exciting. The last time I flew was one of the most fraught experiences ever. I got the plane by the skin of my teeth because someone on a passenger 'golf buggy' gave me a lift to the gate.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Treasurequeen
    Treasurequeen Posts: 615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    one UU for me today Neals yard geranium and orange hand cream, WBA saying this I got this one free in a magazine. I have replaced it with a LE rosemary and rock rose hand repair from my stash.
  • Houseplant26
    Houseplant26 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone!

It's nice that there are some new-to-me-old-to-MSE faces!

I'm going through a certain amount of inner termoil as the space nk GWP has gone live. I've been without decent cleansers for about a month, and wanted to repurchase some HGs as I'd been good and run everything right down. Cleanser wise, apart from the Avene makeup remover one, I have about two goes left on a lush one and a few goes on a very old Kheils one that I don't like as foaming and had intended OH to use. Then I'd have to buy some. I also need a foundation and I'd like a body scrub - so I could 'easily' spend the money to get the gift and it makes sense to stock up on things I use. I just feel stressed as a)it's a lot of money full stop, but also to spend in one go b) I've been really good and run things right down and it's weird to spend again so I feel a bit out of control

I do desperately want to do it though! And I figure I'm going to have to buy these things anyway, and I am better buying decent stuff I know I like than in an effort to save trying cheap options....you only get one face I guess! I'd hate my skin to be stressed and gross from trying cheaper but less right for me things.
  • Ladykernow
    Ladykernow Posts: 286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Nearly used up the small shower set I received for christmas. Next i'll be starting on the dove!
    Not even got through half of the aqueous cream yet. So many moisturisers in the house!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure