Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• WJN222
    WJN222 Posts: 202 Forumite
    Options
    afternoon all,

Weekend was pretty SW, today however - not so much! I will draw a line under lunch and move forward (to the gym after work!!)

I think part of the problem at the minute is A) I am getting sick of eating the same things all the time - need to try mixing it up! and B) I don't see the same changes in my body that i was doing over the first few months and that is leaving me a little downhearted - if that makes sense!

onwards and downwards!
    walk 2018 miles in 2018 - 781 of 2018
    Save £5 for every PR: 10 of 35
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,562 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Candyapple - oats are gluten free anyway. Just buy regular oats, not worth paying extra for unless you have been diagnosed as needing to use gluten free foods. Worth doing a google to get a list of suitable foods.

Most people who eat gluten free bread say it's like cardboard! No idea my self as never tried it.

gts it's amazing that you feel sexy now you've lost some weight and well done on avoiding the buffet! It can be difficult to do that.

Today's plan:

B - fry up
    L - HM salmon & prawn fishcakes (from freezer); salad
    D - lamb tagine, couscous. 4 syns; rhubarb from garden 0.5 syns; quark
    S - toast; butter 1 syn

HEA - milk
    HEB - 10g almonds (in tagine) 0.5; bread 0.5
    Syns - semi-dried apricots; sultanas; rhubarb

Denise
  • candyapple_2
    candyapple_2 Posts: 600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Candyapple - oats are gluten free anyway. Just buy regular oats, not worth paying extra for unless you have been diagnosed as needing to use gluten free foods. Worth doing a google to get a list of suitable foods.

Most people who eat gluten free bread say it's like cardboard! No idea my self as never tried it.

Denise

Oh thanks I had no idea about the oats! I've found a site after a quick google and found lots of food that you can have while eating GF including a fair few foods I didn't know were ok to have. The bread is more for OH than me I'm secretly hoping he doesn't like it as it's stupidly expensive. I always feel better when I don't eat bread so will keep that going if I can :)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all
    QUOTE=maman;72684503]That's the one bubbs . For just 1 tsp of cornflour between 4 portions any syns are negligible and it's so yummy! 😃[/QUOTE]

Thankyou :T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,610 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well I think it's fair to say I blew everyone away with my weight loss last night - people even asked if I was 'ok' - and managed to avoid the buffet as well!

:T that's a real NSV. I'm so pleased that family and friends were complimentary.

I found that when I lost weight some people asked tentatively if it was deliberate in case I was unwell. I told most people it was because of healthy eating and then only explained SW if they showed a lot of interest.

I've successfully got through all of the fresh food in the fridge. I've got a few carrots to chop up and freeze later and they can go into a soup or casserole at some point.

Tomorrow we'll have a SW breakfast (baked beans or cereal) and then I'll be off plan for my holiday. I won't eat rubbish for the sake of it only things that are worth the syns and I know I'll have lots of salads but I'll probably have too much bread and full fat tonic (Turkish wine is pretty dire IMO). Back on July 4th and then I'll be 100% back on it as soon as I can get a shop done.:)

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage with HEA milk
    L: cold chicken, beetroot, fried LO veg (just one potato all the rest Speed)
    D: SW spaghetti Bolognese
    Syns: squirt of syrup, maybe Parmesan
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening everyone !

Well I think it's fair to say I blew everyone away with my weight loss last night - people even asked if I was 'ok' - and managed to avoid the buffet as well!

The weird think is I saw a picture of me from last night and even though I've lost 3 stone I still thought I looked huge...I don't feel huge (in fact I feel, for a long time a little sexy (sorry if that's tmi))

Ive been good today ....lamb cooked dinner, been kayaking and came home to a glass of wine with a bag of satsumas ....oh how I've changed lol
    :T:T:T:T glad they noticed, no one commented to be week before last:mad: wont say what my sister said as she said you can clearly tell and hadnt seen some of these since xmas
    maman wrote: »
    :T that's a real NSV. I'm so pleased that family and friends were complimentary.

I found that when I lost weight some people asked tentatively if it was deliberate in case I was unwell. I told most people it was because of healthy eating and then only explained SW if they showed a lot of interest.

I've successfully got through all of the fresh food in the fridge. I've got a few carrots to chop up and freeze later and they can go into a soup or casserole at some point.

Tomorrow we'll have a SW breakfast (baked beans or cereal) and then I'll be off plan for my holiday. I won't eat rubbish for the sake of it only things that are worth the syns and I know I'll have lots of salads but I'll probably have too much bread and full fat tonic (Turkish wine is pretty dire IMO). Back on July 4th and then I'll be 100% back on it as soon as I can get a shop done.:)

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage with HEA milk
    L: cold chicken, beetroot, fried LO veg (just one potato all the rest Speed)
    D: SW spaghetti Bolognese
    Syns: squirt of syrup, maybe Parmesan
    Have a lovely holiday, SW will still be here when you get back;)
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,562 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Enjoy your holiday Maman.

Denise
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have a great timeMaman
  • chocolateteddy
    Options
    Last week 1/2 off I thought I had been on here but obviously not.
    Thanks to MSE savings we got to go to Disneyworld Florida.

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,427 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy holidays Maman :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure