Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    STS this week
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Top_Girl wrote: »
    Saver upper, singing swede is a godsend for us. Cross the bottom with a knife, 15-20 mins in the microwave, turn halfway through, no peeling or chopping and a whole swede gives three decent portions.

I used to do singing swede too as that was the only way I could get it to soften. Recently I've been boiling it and got it to work. I think the answer is to add the chopped swede to cold water and bring to the boil. Generally I use boiling water from the kettle to speed things up but swede doesn't seem to like that method.

Sorry to hear about the sickness topgirl. I vaguely remember that there's a SW soup recipe involving a pickled onion that's meant to taste like Heinz. Perhaps you could try that?

https://www.minimins.com/threads/heinz-tomato-soup.311921/
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Going to make a quiche and boil some eggs for snacking as i have craved and eaten too many crisps this week.

Will try harder as we have been talking holidays and I can't fit into my summer clothes.

Well done to all the losers.
    You are an inspiration. X
    I have a quiche and chicken in, eggs boiling:D
    Top_Girl wrote: »
    Been a dreadful weekend syns wise.

Sickness has kicked in so have been eating what I can keep down, when I can face it.

My go to the last time I was pregnant was Heinz vegetable soup. 10 syns a tin!

Very little in the way of BM as I've mostly been laying around feeling nauseous. Bleurgh.
    Sorry you have been feeling rough:(
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Thanks this sounds easy.
    I do like swede as well.

I like swede but never heard of signing sweede:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I always boil it
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    STS this week

Thats ok tweets as you are at target:T:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    edited 11 June 2017 at 5:09PM
    Options
    I am assuming Watermelon is free? but cant find it and dont want to assume wrong, is this the case please?
    Edit.....Its ok found it :D
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Looks like it was the eye drops causing the bloodshot and pain :(. Have been flushing eyes with sterile water to help the itch but bloodshot now gone.
    Now trying ActiMist which seems to work, expensive but lasts a long time. Will see how I go! I so hate hay fever :(.

Is it hot where you are? Very muggy here :o

Am watching the Brownlees ��
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • bubbs
    Options
    TakeItEazy wrote: »
    Looks like it was the eye drops causing the bloodshot and pain :(. Have been flushing eyes with sterile water to help the itch but bloodshot now gone.
    Now trying ActiMist which seems to work, expensive but lasts a long time. Will see how I go! I so hate hay fever :(.

Is it hot where you are? Very muggy here :o

Am watching the Brownlees ��

Hope the actimist works, i dont suffer with my eye luckily just my nose:o
    Its a lovely day here but windy, i have caught the sun:cool:
    Yes we are watching it:D
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Totally OT tie but thanks for the heads up on actimist. We don't have hay fever but we live in an unmade road and I don't get on with drops so it might be useful. My eyes react in dry spells and I can react to some make up so something soothing would be welcome.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,561 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 11 June 2017 at 8:00PM
    Options
    Back home since mid afternoon. Had a lovely time at friends last night but as expected not SW friendly evening meal plus wine syns - ended up on about 48 syns so not as bad as it could have been. Think it helped that I took lunch to have at the motorhome show so that was SW friendly - ham sandwich & salad; berry medley of fruit from Tesco; diet tonic. Took an apple as well but didn't need it so that's now back in the fridge for another day.

Maman - what recipe did you use for the pilau rice which had made? Would make a nice change from plain boiled rice or with just added spices.

Today's plan:

B - toast & butter 2 syns
    L - gammon & salad
    D - lamb slouvaki; pasta salad; raita (recipe from and old SW booklet which came with one of the magazines called Around the World with 22 Fakeaways or something like that). Didn't enjoy it at all the lamb was a bit chewy.

There is some pasta salad left but not enough for 2 tomorrow so DH will have that. I'll get a couple of prawn & salmon fishcakes out the freezer and have those with some salad.

No wine syns tonight so a low syn day today so pulling back 13 syns from the week's total. Just need to keep the next few days low syn as well and hopefully can get an STS again or a very small gain.

Denise
  • Matron_Midge
    Matron_Midge Posts: 709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Another one who swears by actimist for sore, dry eyes. On offer at sainsburys last week too £10 instead of £13. It does last ages too
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure