What small DFW things will you do this week. W/c 24th April

Options

Comments

• Twins
    Twins Posts: 346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello everyone! Happy Friday - hope everyone gets to enjoy a long weekend although I know some people have to work boo :(

Not much to report today. Thought it would be a NSD but had top top up the kids lunch accounts so that cost me £20.

I see that there are lots of people that are selling on Ebay and having lots of success. I haven't had much joy for a while. What kind of things is everyone selling?

WFH today so I'll:

- All meals from home
    - Check bank balance
    - Complete some surveys
    - Attempt to sell some bits on Ebay or FB selling page
    - Get a workout in at home
    - Not wash hair until tomorrow
    - Put on a wash load once the kids come home with their uniforms
    - Try and catch up on BBC iplayer the documentary that was on what to expect when approaching the menopause! Not happened yet but I want to know what to expect!

That's all folks! :T
  • fendi-bag-lady
    Options
    Twins - I usually sell clothes that no longer fit (which is pretty much everything these days!). I find it a real hit or a miss. The things I think will do well only seem to go for 99p and the things I think are a bit rubbish go for more. Last week I put a jacket on that I would have been pleased to get £2 for and it sold for £30! Same day I put a beautiful dress on starting at £2.99 and didn't get any bids. I've relisted it started at 99p and it's now at £3.53 with 5 days to go!! Strange....

Lx
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 28 April 2017 at 3:42PM
    Options
    Twins, flea bay has been dire for me too, I often read the flea bay board on here and even the real pros are complaining how slow it is.

Well, I did my big shop and it came to just less than £120 but that included three big boxes of cat food and four large bags of dreemies. I caused a few Tutts at the checkout as I insisted he put through the cat food and seven other things as one transaction to trigger the price match as I am convinced that I lose out on that by buying other branded stuff that's on offer and therefore cheaper than the other supermarkets they are comparing with and then they do a round up of your branded shop (someone correct me if I am wrong.)

Anyhow, it wasn't straightforward as you have to have ten 'different' products so he had to keep checking until enough had gone through to trigger it but I got £5.25 off that part of my shopping (if my theory is correct it could still have been more as one of the other things he put through was a branded product that was half price.) The second half of my shop said they were £1.22 cheaper so, had I not done it that way I think I'd have only got £4.03 off. I'll definitely think about what I put through with what in future but probably won't attempt to explain it all the the teenage server next time (with one her people waiting in the queue) :rotfl:
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Twins
    Twins Posts: 346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Twins - I usually sell clothes that no longer fit (which is pretty much everything these days!). I find it a real hit or a miss. The things I think will do well only seem to go for 99p and the things I think are a bit rubbish go for more. Last week I put a jacket on that I would have been pleased to get £2 for and it sold for £30! Same day I put a beautiful dress on starting at £2.99 and didn't get any bids. I've relisted it started at 99p and it's now at £3.53 with 5 days to go!! Strange....

Lx

Oh that is good to know! Maybe my starting bids are too high. I'm going to try and list some things. Do you also just guess the postage?
  • fendi-bag-lady
    fendi-bag-lady Posts: 199 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 28 April 2017 at 4:43PM
    Options
    Most things are pretty small so I go for £2.90 for 2nd class post. If it was a bit bigger or heavier I would probably weigh and measure to be sure. I've been caught out before where I've ended up loosing money but not charging enough!

Randomly just checked my quidco account. I had £27.72 in there so that's being transferred to my bank account yay!!!!

Lx
  • spendaholic
    spendaholic Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I did my SC review and completed my tax return, so today has been a good day. The shopping came in at £9 over. There is still the weekend to go, but I won't be logging on again until Tuesday.

* Write a meal plan and stick to it
    * Complete WiP today, so I can invoice on Friday
    * Start new WiP tomorrow
    * Annual SC review
    * Use washing machine on "daily" wash to save time and energy

* Bake some low-fat cakes/puddings
    * Try and keep the weekly shop to within £75 again
    * Raise invoice(s) on Friday

* Sow seeds outside in raised beds at weekend
    * Plant out chitted potatoes at weekend

Have a great bank holiday weekend!
    spendy/she/her ***DEBT-FREE DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2022!*** Highest debt: £35k (2006) MY WINS: £3,541 CASH; £149 Specsavers voucher; free eye test; goody bag from Scottish Book Trust; tickets to Grand Designs Live; 2-year access to Feel Amazing App (worth £100); Home Improvement & Renovation Show tickets; £50 to spend on chocolate; Harlem Globetrotters tickets; Jesus Christ Superstar tickets + 2 t-shirts; Guardians of the Galaxy goody bag; Birmingham City v Barnsley FC tickets; Marillion tickets; Dancing on Ice tickets; Barnsley FC v Millwall tickets
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon HK :grouphug:
    I've made it to the end of the week and payday :dance: which I'm so relieved about. Totally exhausted and just waiting for Mr T to deliver my absolutely massive monthly shop which is due in the next hour. Then I plan to sleep. I've brought no work at all home and that feels like bliss :D
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I took my pots back to the garden centre to change them for the more expensive ones which will make me happy and not be a constant reminder that they weren't the ones I really wanted.

Remember I applied for a job at the GC about three weeks ago? I got a reply yesterday from the manager apologising that they have had no server for three weeks and they have now filled the job.

I went down with greasy hair tied in a bun, leggings with a hole in and a shirt with a cheese and onion crisps food smear down one side. The manager was there but I felt quite safe in the knowledge he wouldn't have a clue I was me. The assistant rang through my stuff and then called the manager over to process the refund who asked for my name and address :eek::o
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 28 April 2017 at 7:57PM
    Options
    FatVonD wrote: »
    D
    I don't have separate budgets like you lot, it's all just a bit of a free for all and hope for the best, I try to be frugal when I can but don't often have much idea of what I do actually have. I tried downloading the free trial of YNAB and it's not for me and I don't carry cash usually so idea of lots of different purses is alien to me. What I actually need is lots more bank accounts (or a bank account that works like an email account when you can add lots more folders.)

There are banks that offer accounts with "folders" or "jamjars":

U Account is one, though I don't know if it has fees.

Or read this. (Link)

Or this. (Link)
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • fendi-bag-lady
    Options
    Haha FVD that's hilarious! Do you think he realised?
    Sounds like you deserve a rest this weekend crazy_cat_lady....enjoy!

So annoyed with myself, almost managed a NSD but bought a can of juice at the library! Also saw a lovely food mixer for sale in the charity shop whilst I was out a walk but didn't have my purse with me. If it's still there tomorrow I'm going to get it!

Lx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport