What small DFW things will you do this week. W/c 24th April

Options

Comments

• FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hmm, so my metallic sprayed plastic baby bath might be a better bet anyway? I could have myself a thriving new business if it works!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • little_pink_purse
    Options
    morning
    Managed every thing apart from the paint have put in the todo for tuesday

today
    use every thing electric free 9-5 lol
    still doing my end of year account at December just a few to go
    all meals from stores
    try for a nsd
    check banking its been down forever lol
    have a good weekend xxx
    xxxlppxxx
    debt total £71k AGE 47 TRY TO BE DEBT FREE BY 50
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    FatVonD wrote: »
    Hmm, so my metallic sprayed plastic baby bath might be a better bet anyway? I could have myself a thriving new business if it works!

Hmm, not sure what that would look like - but you are the arty one :rotfl:
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

The thread has kinda passed me by this week for some reason... Just busy I guess... :think:

I've been trying to get through all of the washing that has built up for the past couple of weeks. I've put some towels in on a long wash to give myself some time before the next load needs to go in :rotfl:

I've been out today and ran a 5k assault course - was a good laugh. :) I signed up early to get an early bird rate...

What else... Going to make some extra rice to go with leftover take away. OH thinks we will need something else - not sure what or whether he's going to go out and buy something... :think: I certainly don't fancy leaving the house.

Will just be a night in with the TV tonight methinks - looking forward to it!

I need to have a think about the rest of the year and what OH and I are going to do. We've got a w/e away at the end of July (happens every year kinda thing) but we're thinking about not going this year - will save us around £300 and we don't *really* want to see the group of friends (long story...) and we'll also struggle to find care for the dog as his usual kennel is full. Maybe a stress we don't need... We were also talking about visiting friends later in the year but then also want to go on holiday at Christmas - so need to see how we can fit all of these things in. Head is spinning thinking about it all. More meditation needed!! :cool:
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ooh, I managed a good sleep last night and didn't feel terrible when I woke up this morning - always a bonus.
    Plans for the weekend are a bit of batch cooking, a bit of housework and a lot of relaxation.
    There isn't really a lot else to report - it's been a busy week.
    Not a nsd as I bought fuel and also a couple of bits at £land.
  • FatVonD
    Options
    No tin baths at architectural place, they had a nice planter but wanted £40 for it (nobody was there so I had to call, difficult to haggle when you've gone out of your way to ring them about it :rotfl: )

I stuck to my list at the GC and only bought the hose attachment and some compost. The hose attachment doesn't fit. It said 'compatible with all popular makes', what it should have said was 'compatible with all popular makes except yours' :p it was a home base and the plants are really cheap there compared to the 'proper' GCs, not so much ch choice but still...

I made the kedgeree for lunch with my 40p smoked haddock and free rice (everything else we had in the cupboards too.) DSGF loved it, not sure about DS, he was too busy getting ready to go to the cinema.

Both of them are out tonight so I've just had a jacket potato for dinner, I'm trying to work up the enthusiasm to do the YS run, I've not been all week :eek:

I might go to the car boot sale tomorrow morning if it's not raining.

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend :)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • LuckyPenny
    LuckyPenny Posts: 1,258 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    edited 29 April 2017 at 9:41PM
    Options
    Hi all

Sorry I've been missing for a while. I've been so busy with work meaning I can't do as much MS stuff. I've kept relisting eBay, FPL, loyalty cards and cashback going. I've Wombled over £500 this year so far!

Nothing is selling on eBay at the mo, so I know what you mean Bob.

Our car is leaking in water I'm waiting for the diesel scrapage scheme and then we'll assess what's best to do.

Really need to check up on Married persons allowance.

I've started to cycle to work one day a week, free exercise and save on fuel. I might try to Up it to 2 days if work doesn't get in the way too much!

Whilst i was off at Easter I've started getting back into comping and getting a bit obsessed!

LP x
    Competition wins £13,999.82 [\COLOR]
  • FatVonD
    edited 30 April 2017 at 12:23AM
    Options
    I've just paid the 'statement amount' off of my credit card, it meant moving money across from my savings (to cover my mortgage if I have no work) but I have set up a standing order to overpay to the same amount over the next two pay days (so I'll be the same number of months ahead again.) There are still a couple of transactions not on the statement but I won't be paying interest on those ones and at least the balance is going in the right direction!

I'm going to put my guitar on flea bay tomorrow which will hopefully fetch a couple of hundred which will help.

I'm going to stop going to the garden centre :eek:

• fendi-bag-lady
    Options
    Dawn – Hope the soup was as yummy as it sounds!
    Happy Kitties – Glad you’re feeling better!
    Determined new ms – Crete sounds amazing, not jealous in the slightest! :rotfl:

I went back to the charity shop yesterday and the food mixer was still there :j It’s a silver crest one and was £25, I googled it and they were selling in the shops for £80. Also got a fondue set for £2.50. Really pleased as I’m hoping to start getting bits and bobs for my new flat. The thought of a beautiful home with nice things is the only thing getting me through this horrendous flat share! Not sure a food mixer and a fondue set were priorities though! Almost finished the nightshift but agreed to stay on a few hours as overtime then coming back in tonight for an extra shift. Going to visit a friend in the evening, think we’ll get a cheeky takeaway to celebrate me passing one of my uni essays. Not had a takeaway in a while so really looking forward to it. Today’s plans are:

• Check bank
    • Check lucky phone / Ashleigh / number plate lotto / FPL
    • Working extra this morning and tonight
    • Surveys
    • Withdraw rest of rent money and give to landlord
    • Try not to spend too much on takeaway
    • Think about what to get Dad for his birthday
    • Update challenges – PAD / NSD / grocery challenge
    • Update spending diary

Hope everyone has a fabby day
    Lx
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    morning f-b-l :) jeez I'm tired reading your work plans! Yes very exciting now :) just a little bit more packing, get our sandwiches etc ready, give the house a bit of a once over (my neighbour will be coming in looking after my plants) and then we're done :j

I still need to do my alterations of a couple of bits & try on loads of things to see how they look (opps darn Easter! I've been eating chocolate like I'm in the world contest for the most you can eat in the shortest time :o)

I want to get down the lottie for a bit today. Maybe oh & madam might come. Lots to do :D I think my dwarf french beans are starting to germinate :j I want to sow sweetcorn, beetroot, turnips and some more salad leaves today as well as pot on 3 plantlings and put my cucumbers in the grow bag in the gh. Hope they survive! I've been putting them out in the gh each day over the last week or so....

A friend is calling in for coffee and dropping off my cardi I left at her party last month :)

All meals from stores (unless we manage an invite to the outlaws ;)) Need to go through fridge/cupboard and make sure things are going to be eaten or frozen. Great just googled and I can chop and freeze the 1/2 a squash I have in the fridge ;)

Need to do a couple of loads of washing. Will prob need to put it on the airer if I can't get it all dry. We'll see...

That's enough jobs! Not sure what exactly what but we'll get out of house for a couple of hours at some point :)

Happy Sunday guys x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business