What small DFW things will you do this week. W/c 24th April

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening everyone :D
    Tonight I just feel mostly exhausted. Worked 8-6 today which is the shortest day this week but I'm worn out. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday.
    Nothing new to report - nsd and busy at work.
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Totally knackered as have worked 11 hours per day for three days plus two hours a day travelling. Tonight is the first time I've been home on time all week, bliss! I'm lying in bed with my pyjamas on a new socks and the heating is on! I've brought Auby in for the night as I think it's going to be a cold one, the courgettes are still out but covered with a pkastic bag each, should I throw something warmer over? I could move them into the garden store overnight?

I've spent way too much money today, I got up late and forgot my lunch and then ended up spending a fiver on McJunk. I bought ready made pasta salads for us all for dinner tonight so I didn't have to cook and they had reduced the finest flower bouquets to £2.50 so I bought one each for me and my mum. Then I had to run back to get the cat food and washing up liquid I'd popped in for in the first place.

Thankfully tomorrow is payday :T I can't wait, however much it is it's going to feel like a fortune compared to this month! I managed to make £236 extra this month to spend on, well, extras :rotfl:, I don't think I could do that every month but it's been a useful exercise. One thing I will definitely carry on doing is one big shop per month for non perishables, that worked well, I've just put out our last pack of toilet rolls and carton of fruit juice!

I'm really looking forward to another bank holiday weekend, this week has seemed sooooooooo long!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning :) phew feeling better than yesterday! Still a little bit of anxiety but nothing like yesterday :) Have a plan for work and think I will stay over until 6.30 today just to deal with urgent things. Will try to be very focused, not chat to colleagues too much and get things up to date as I can. Might take my ipod to try to tune out of conversations... I'm undecided whether to let my manager know I was suffering from anxiety or not...

FVD I also am a massive fan of 1 big shop a month. Surprisingly after years of going shopping every week I have discovered you can really eek out what you need to get/shift around meals etc if you do this by just topping up with milk, bread, fruit and whatever is ys :) this approach has reduced our gc bill significantly!

Been up a while so have done the money shuffle finally. Also contacted fleabayer re the item they bought from me (is a little damaged and I didn't realise)

almost all things for holiday are done except ins which I will get today :) and make a list of activities for madam on the flight & plan pack lunch & snacks for journey.

Need to make madam's lunch, have got things out of freezer for it ;) my lunch is last of bean chilli & a pita. Oh can fend for himself!

Put plants in gh before leaving for work. This cold snap better ease up as the plan is on Monday to leave all my plants in the gh! Water any seedlings that need it. Go and water my potatoes before the sun starts shinning and reduce chance of frost damage

Put away mountain of washing!

Submit expenses & overtime sheet

Ok that'll do! Happy Friday guys x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 April 2017 at 7:19PM
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Glad you are feeling better today DNMS :)
    My day looks like this:
    Finished off the rest of the HM fruit loaf for breakfast toast :)Done
    Check banks Oops not done this yet!
    Dog walk DH did both today
    Pack another sold ebay item Done
    Take 3 items to the post office, including the potential soap star coffee pot :rotfl:Done
    Buy birthday bits for GD3, who will be 7 at the weekend :)Done
    Need a few supermarket items Bread, dog food, a cabbage
    Need to go to sales unit to see if any new stock needed Done, not much seems to have sold :(
    Cook the stewing steak that I meant to do yesterday, and make it into a pie for dinner Done
    Deal with enormous rhubarb stalks gifted by OH's friend yesterday Done
    Load of washing I am hoping to dry on the line - but don't like the look of the big grey clouds :eek: It is more or less dry :)
    Take the fleece off the potato plants in the garden as it is supposed to be turning milder now (thank goodness!) Poor things look a bit sorry for themselves :(
    Dead head flowers in front garden and generally tidy it up / see if anything needs watering Done, watered all pots
    A bit of admin stuff In progress
    Check for surveys A few for onepoll
    Sold another ebay item :)
    Relisted unsold things (didn't list anything new though :o)

Better get on with some of it!
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I haven't really posted this week, I have tried to follow but felt so unwell Tuesday night, with my medical history it was a bit touch and go whether I needed to be admitted in to hospital.
    Although I had all of the symptoms, there was no obvious sign of a particular infection which would have meant automatic admittance into hospital nearly 2 hours away
    I have never drank so much water in my life.still feeling very delicate and fragile, have slept alot, and only feel like eating certain foods, others just make me feel very sick, but so much better than I was an I'm moving about more which helps with the stiffness in my joints.
    Going to do balance my end of month grocery challenge tomorrow.
    Been checking on banking and bought a few bits in the B@@ts clearance-things I wanted using my points. There is nothing worse when I'm laid up, feeling bored, it's my most dangerous for spending money.
    The house is a bomb site, but just managed the cat cleaning.
    Hoping to potter about and do a few more bits today, I always feel worse when out of routine.

Hope everyone is doing okay, it sounds like everyone has been struggling this week, I'm so glad it's another bank holiday weekend.
    Have a good day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good Morning All

DNMS - where are you off to?

Today's plans:

Packed lunch for DH - Done
    Check Bank & make PAD - Done
    Stew in SC - Done
    RM Surveys -
    Continue purge on emails -
    Enter a few comps -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Check: Lucky Phone, Ashleigh, Numberplatelotto, FPL -
    Read -

Have a great day all!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 32/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 28 April 2017 at 9:46AM
    Options
    Hi April Awesomees,

A day off. :)

Debt Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Two:

* Checked online banking.

* Paid rent and Council Tax on time.

* Going for a swim at the local pool rather than the fancy one in the next town.

* Did budget for May. If life continues as it is we'll be ok and weather it through dental and optical bills.

* Keep an eye on internet allowance. I took my eye off it last month and we went over last month. :o

Better get to it.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • little_pink_purse
    Options
    morning

my to do list
    paint flat outside saves paying some to do it (fingers crossed I get a new tenant soon)
    check banking
    wash on line
    1 hr ironing
    do eBay most get back into this as I've lost the love for it lol
    Small shop

have a great day xxxlppxxx
    debt total £71k AGE 47 TRY TO BE DEBT FREE BY 50
  • fendi-bag-lady
    fendi-bag-lady Posts: 199 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 28 April 2017 at 11:40PM
    Options
    Morning, hope everyone is well (or as well as can be). I’m back yet again. I’ve finally moved into the flat share and I hate it! It’s so difficult having lived on my own for years. I keep telling myself it’s only for 6 months and then I’ll have a good job and a nice wee flat. I’ve been spending most of my time in my bedroom and feel I have lots more free time now that I don’t do much cooking and cleaning. I have written a long to-do list of things I would like done by the time I move out. Not exactly MSE but I’m hoping to keep spends to a minimum as I’d like save for a deposit on a flat (renting) and have some money for things I’ll need when I move and there’s also NYC to save for. Anyway todays list:

• [STRIKE]Check bank[/STRIKE] As expected
    • [STRIKE]Check lucky phone / Ashleigh / number plate lotto / FPL[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Food from cupboards[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]List 5 things on Ebay[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Look for stash of cards & send one to friend whose birthday it is tomorrow[/STRIKE] Went a nice walk when I posted it as well.
    • [STRIKE]Working nightshift [/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Check out contents insurance – won’t buy today though as I’m hoping for a complete NSD[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Fill in passport form[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Fill in paperwork to claim back PPI[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Write down all goals for May[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Set up May’s spends spreadsheet[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Set May’s budget[/STRIKE]
    • Join challenges – [STRIKE]make £10 a day[/STRIKE] / NSD / [STRIKE]grocery challenge[/STRIKE] - Jumping right in and have gone for making £20 a day :eek:
    • [STRIKE]Join some survey sites[/STRIKE] (I’m thinking yougov & onepoll – are there any other worthwhile ones to join?) - Joined Pinecones, Toluna, Yougov & Onepoll
    • NSD - fail!

Have a great day everyone!
    Lx
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Dawn, we should take bets on where it's going to turn up, my money is on Dot's!

HappyKitties, sorry you've not very well, hope it doesn't turn into anything more serious.

FBL, I have a theory that the whole purpose of flat shares is to make us appreciate our own space when we finally get it :D

I'm off work today, I will lose a days money but it is much needed.

Today is also payday :T

When I get a chance I will do my new big 'non perishables' shop. The cats had to have own brand cat food last night and this morning (their usual brand was £4.99 for 12 sachets in the local Mr T :eek: ), they aren't impressed.

The teens decided to clean their room at midnight last night, the upside of this is that we now have a lot more crockery and cutlery, the downside is that I have to wash them up.

I will log onto online banking and see if I have enough to clear my Mr T credit card, I suspect not as all my dental treatment will be on it by now plus the vets bill and my train ticket. It's such a struggle, I seem to be constantly treading water but I suppose that's better than sinking.

I don't have separate budgets like you lot, it's all just a bit of a free for all and hope for the best, I try to be frugal when I can but don't often have much idea of what I do actually have. I tried downloading the free trial of YNAB and it's not for me and I don't carry cash usually so idea of lots of different purses is alien to me. What I actually need is lots more bank accounts (or a bank account that works like an email account when you can add lots more folders.)

The courgettes were moved inside last night in the end as well as Auby though we only had a low of 7 degrees predicted (I've been reading up on all this, can you tell?) and they are back outside now in a shower. I looked of flea bay for an empty water cooler bottle and people are selling them for around £15 (including postage.) Sod that, I will stick with my upturned swing bin plan for when he's bigger.

I'll keep an eye out for surveys on PAc today, most I'm eligible for seem to go up while I'm at work :cool:
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure