DaringToDream of a Debt Free Life!

Options

Comments

• DaringToDream_2
    Options
    Pretty quiet day today. £15.60 spent in supermarket but otherwise spent nothing. Back in London tomorrow so another day on expenses. Still waiting on £14.70 back from expenses from yesterday too.

2 more tiny little eB*y sales, only £4 earned and even less after fees, but better than nothing and still helping to declutter! Still waiting for cash back that I paid out yesterday to land in my bank account so I can pay off some cc. Think it is going to get a bit tight this month though so am going to have to be very disciplined at the end of the month when OH is home so I don't put anything on cc.

Bonus is due in at the end of the month, plus normal salary and some salary from job 2. Still don't know how much pay will be, but I'm hoping I'll be able to make a big dent and try and get my debt to under £3000. This is perhaps a bit optimistic but if I can get a few more eBay sales that will top up my current account a bit so hopefully I won't need to pay anything else onto the cards.

Neighbours are driving me mad- who on earth thinks that starting drilling in your garden at 7.45 on a week night is a good idea :mad:. Feel really sorry for other Neighbours who I know have small children.

Fingers crossed cashback lands tomorrow and I'll be able to update those totals!!

DTD
    Loan £13,339.81 (4.9%) Current End Date Dec 2020
    CC1 £3496.00 (0% for another 20 months)
    CC2 £2500 (0% for another 20 months)
    Total: £19335.81:eek:
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Following :D
  • DaringToDream_2
    Options
    Cashback has finally landed in my account so quick update on balances:

OD £963.71
    Cc1 £2898.00
    Cc 2 £1430

Total debt £5291.71

This Is before interest is added for this month so this will go up. I know it isn't terribly MSE but I didn't want to transfer onto 0% cards as we were getting a mortgage so didn't want any more credit searches than necessary. Plus I'm aiming to pay it off quickly so there doesn't seem much point now- if bonus comes in then only £2000 will be paying interest, and this should be gone in a few months. Plus I want to get my credit score as good as possible so in a few months I can get approved for a low rate loan to pay off my car finance.

I'm not going to add any more bits of income to the credit cards for the moment, going to keep it in my current account (not the one with the overdraft, a different one). I'm just worried that I'm going to end up a bit short this month so would rather keep it and pay it off at the end of the month, rather than be short and have to put stuff on credit card!

Back in London today so hopefully a decent lunch on expenses and then a cheap tea!

DTD
  • DaringToDream_2
    Options
    Another quiet day, really busy at work at the moment but at least that makes the time go quicker! Made it to the gym after work too, and had poached eggs on wholemeal toast for tea so feeling very virtuous (until I get starving and probably hit the chocolate around 9pm!!).

Spent £8.65 which was lunch with an ex-colleague who was back visiting from overseas so worth the lunch out. I also posted an eb*y parcel and have transferred the money made to my OD. If I need it I'll take transfer it To my spends account, but if not it can go into my end of the month totals.

Counting down to the weekend. Having my hair done (first time in 5 months so it's needed!) and got family coming over for Sunday lunch so will have to buy some food, so will not be a low spend weekend, but am going to try and do it as cheaply as possible- fingers crossed!!

DTD
  • DaringToDream_2
    Options
    Woo hoo it's Friday! And last weekend before OH is home!

£45.70 spent today in supermarket buying all the food and a bottle of wine for Sunday lunch, plus a few bits of healthy food for me this weekend. Shouldn't need to spend any more this weekend except for getting my hair done.

Bit worried about money, think I'm going to be short this month but trying so hard to stay off credit cards. Fighting the temptation to book a night away with OH because last time he was home we were so tied up with the house move that we barely spent any quality time together, so feel we need a break now the stressful bit is done, but we'll see. I know he'll want to treat me a bit too but work have been Messing up his pay so things are tight until we find out whether he'll get paid properly next payday.

Been to the gym again today so now need to have a healthy tea and fight the temptation to have a glass of wine!!
  • DaringToDream_2
    Options
    Haven't updated for 2 days, probably coz i know i've been bad so burying my head in the sand a bit :( !!

Saturday went and got my hair done- £120 :eek: reminds me why i stopped getting it coloured!! But it looks great and seeing as my bonus from job 2 is due end of the month i think i'm justified in spending a little bit of it on myself, with the rest going to the debt repayment. I did put it on cc1 however because i know i'm going to be cash poor at the end of the month, i'll pay it off as soon as pay comes in at the end of the month. Serves me right for budgeting poorly and forgetting i had a bunch of bills from old house still to come out. After the hairdresser i went to L*dl to get flowers, wine and a few other little bits for family coming over for lunch yesterday, only spent £15 and that was cash so all good.

Yesterday was a NSD and had family over which was lovely, and the sun was shining and they brought me lots of housewarming wine so even better!

Today i was working in London, so only spent £4 and the rest i can claim back. Find i'm going into London at every opportunity at the moment. I don't mind doing it so much when OH is away, but i need to leave the house at 6.20am to be at work for 8, and then i don't get home til later than normal too. It's very MSE because not only am i on expenses, but i also only drive 4 miles instead of 60 so i save a lot of fuel. But the trade-off for being MSE is that I'm absolutely exhausted so hopefully i'll find out about new job soon which will mean more work-life balance, although more spends on fuel.

Just over 2 weeks til payday. Still waiting to find out exact payday amount from job 2, but with the bonus and salary i should be able to clear cc2, and then all efforts can then go towards clearing down cc1 and then that damn overdraft (which will be last because it's interest free).

OH is home at the end of the week and i have some lovely leave coming up to spend some time together :j can't wait!

DTD
  • DaringToDream_2
    Options
    Forgot to say, got 1 bid on eb*y, so after fees and postage will make about 80p :rotfl:

Oh well, every little helps and that's 80p i won't be paying interest on!
  • DaringToDream_2
    Options
    Fairly boring day today, just counting down the days and wishing the week away. Spent £58 on petrol, but should now last me to the end of the month, and i'll be commuting less because i'll be on leave. Petrol was budgeted for so not too bad. Also spent 90p on some bags of 10p sweets for my team, was a silly little gesture but made everyone smile and lifted the mood a bit coz it's so busy at the moment.

Exhausted this week and back in London tomorrow so not looking forward to the early start. Forgot to put in expenses from Monday, so with tomorrow's expenses will have £29.40 to claim. But only 2 days and then OH is home and i am officially on leave so just need to keep on plodding!

DTD
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Plodding is good ;)

Soon be weekend once tomorrow's out the way :)
  • DaringToDream_2
    Options
    So I'm back on the train into work, seriously think I'm turning into a commuter zombie! Just gotta think about the saved fuel and the fact that I can have a good lunch on expenses!

Getting a bit worried about money this month. I have £130 left in my fun fund, and 45 left in my current account for general living costs. Plus cc1 has crept up to 3100 because I had to put my haircut and also a food delivery onto it for when OH gets home. Payday1 is 2 weeks today. If I hadn't had all the unforeseen house expenses this month I would have an extra £200 to add to it, but thankfully this should be the last month that there are so many. Still need a blind for our bedroom so will have to take the hit on that.

It's all just so demoralizing, feel like I'm one step forward and 2 steps back at the moment. £175 should be enough to last me if I was here on my own, but once OH is back I want to be able to do some fun things and not just be a hermit. At least the fridge will be full!

Had some news about OHs shifts too- the bloke that he does shifts with is sick so they've asked him to do a longer stint next time. The positive is that there will be 2 paydays when he's away next time so we'll be able to do some good saving hopefully, but I don't want him to be away so long. Just have to try keep thinking of the bigger picture and that all this sacrifice of working apart will be worth it when we've been able to put ourselves on a really good footing financially after buying this house and then paying off all the debt! Just want him home though.

DTD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts