DaringToDream of a Debt Free Life!

Options

Comments

• DaringToDream_2
    Options
    Hi PSL- happy long weekend! I did wonder too how I'd spent so much in L*dl, but then when I looked at the receipt and took off the perfume and cleaning stuff it was only £25 which is much more reasonable, and that also included some steak (bit of a luxury but seeing as I get anaemic I'm claiming it as medicine :p)

Trying to do a NSD today but my watch battery has died so I really need to try and get that fixed, but I might try and put that off until next week.

Still no news on job so will have to wait til after long weekend now. And no change on eb*y and cashback. Trying not to get impatient!! Really
    Miss OH on these long weekends off too, but he'll be home for the next bank holiday :D.

Hope you all have a lovely long weekend.

DTD
    Loan £13,339.81 (4.9%) Current End Date Dec 2020
    CC1 £3496.00 (0% for another 20 months)
    CC2 £2500 (0% for another 20 months)
    Total: £19335.81:eek:
  • LadyP01
    LadyP01 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hey daring to dream, funny i was reading yours whilst you were reading mine!
    Thank god its pay day! Iv been so excited about it, i never even used to notice payday had happened but now im budgetting im more aware and thats better.
    Hope your interview gets back to you soon.
    Also lidle perfumes sound good. Iv been on a beauty overhall, luckily as im
    At the begining of my journey i have lots of beauty products to use up. I love a good perfume i find saver*s Is good for perfumes aswell.

Ill be back to see about your interview
  • blue_eyed_girl123
    Options
    Hi DTD,

Is your OH working over the long weekend? Are you finding lots of things to keep you occupied? :)
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm going to say the holy grail of naughty on this site but i feel I should say it. I'm guessing your credit rating isn't in the toilet as you bought a car recently so why don't you get a consolidation loan? Surely £16k at 3% so you can actually pay it down would be better than all those awful rates you have now. I know other people on this board love yopa loans as you can overpay without penalty. This way you can't get any more debt as there's no more credit cards. Just an idea as your rates are evil! That car sounds like massive Apr!

You're doing great. keep up the good work xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • DaringToDream_2
    Options
    Kitten, thanks for your post- i had considered taking out a consolidation loan but when i did the soft checks the APRs i was offered weren't that much better than what i have now. My credit rating is good but we've not long bought our house so i'm guessing the mortgage credit check is why the APRs offered are higher. Most of the cc debt is from the move, so i'm hoping to have it paid off in the next 4 months (aiming to pay £750 a month plus my bonus which is due in a few months, so hopefully on track to do it), and my OD is interest free so i'm happy ish to stay in that to help save and pay off the car, and then hopefully in a year or so i'll be able to take out a smaller loan at a better rate to pay off the car (if that makes sense).

Blue eyed girl- OH is an engineer on oil rigs so tends to work 4 weeks on, 2 off, although it varies. I'm used to him being away but just sucks sometimes when he's away and all my friends are busy doing things with their OH's/families!

Have had another bid on ebay so currently standing to make £7.20 before fees. Still 18 hours left so hopefully will get some other bids in, would like to get it up to a tenner!!!
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening DTD,

Just found your diary and had a read through.

Well done in starting a new diary :D

I used to struggle with spending money on myself but it has got easier over time. Not sure light shades would be paid for out of my fun budget though :rotfl: xx
    Mummytogirls x

• DaringToDream_2
    Options
    Haha thanks Mummytogirls! I lived in rental for so long that at the moment decorating the house is really fun- even cleaning it is, know that won't last long though :rotfl:

Hate being paid so early- feel really good having a NSD today and then realise that it's not even the start of the month yet!!
  • DaringToDream_2
    Options
    So i think my plans for another NSD today have been well and truly scuppered. I woke up this morning and went for a 5.5 mile run, the longest i've done in a while so was feeling all proud and virtuous. Then i got home and looked at my phone and it was dead :mad:. Screen was going all crazy and it kept rebooting. Now it won't even turn on at all. The phone is almost 3 years old and i knew it was on its way out, but i was hoping it would last until July when my regular saver emergency fund matures.

Given the fact that OH works away and i've recently moved to a new area my phone really is my lifeline to the outside world (we don't have a landline or anything), plus the phone is so old it will cost more to fix than it is worth. So i've decided to take the hit and buy a new phone out of my salary from job 2 which is due to be paid tomorrow (i'll put in on cc and then just pay it straight off). I did look at changing my contract and getting a phone through that, but my sim-only deal is only £9 per month, and if i switched onto a contract including a phone the cost would be almost the same for 1 year of a 2 year contract as buying the phone outright. So although it's a big hit now, it will be more MSE in the long run. So annoyed though and means i probably won't be able to get my debt total to under £5000 this month. Maybe i should make it a challenge and if i get lucky with e*ay, get some cash back payable and have some more NSDs i might still do it!

Going for a shower now and have my phone on the radiator just in case some rain got in (even though it was in a waterproof case), so hoping that when i come back down it will have magically fixed itself. Fingers crossed!!!
  • DaringToDream_2
    Options
    New phone has been bought, massive sad face. I suppose the positive point is that i've been able to cover an emergency like needing a new phone, and debt has still gone down this month. It's all thanks to having 2 jobs though so perhaps i'll have to stop any thoughts of quitting job 2 until i've paid of the debt and built up enough of an emergency fund.

Been feeling a bit sorry for myself so spending the day batch cooking so i can have a super cheap week and try and save some of the phone money back. Eb*y sales have ended at £8.50 which will be transferred over to cc, and i'm going to go on a listing spree to try and make a bit more to try and get that debt as close to £5000 as i can this month. Think i may have a little left over from last month, which i can transfer, but want to check when everything goes in/out on the 2nd so i don't get carried away and end up short!
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh no to the phone DTD, you do need a phone though so a necessary spend in my opinion xx
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport