DaringToDream of a Debt Free Life!

Options

Comments

• DaringToDream_2
    Options
    This long weekend has passed far too quickly :-( can't believe it is already back to work tomorrow!

Quite a spend day today, went to pick up a few last bits for OH's birthday pressie, which came to £29.50, although i used a £20 voucher so actually only paid £9.50. Then went to stock up on toiletries and vitamins, which came to £19.25, and then went to Mr S's to buy bubbles and snacks for a girls night i am hosting next weekend. Thought i'd do it this weekend while they had their points event on, but with other shopping it came to £66. None of this was on cc however so that is good, and the fridge and freezer are now rammed so hopefully will be a low spend week. Working in London tomorrow so will be a low spend day as i'm on expenses.

Otherwise has been a productive day, short run this morning, then did a tip run and then picked up my new lamp shade which looks gorgeous so glad i treated myself to it out of the fun budget! Shattered now though, need to do a bit of eb*y listing/sorting and then going to crash out on the sofa i think.

Payday 2 tomorrow so looking forward to paying off my phone and seeing those totals go down, albeit slightly less than i was hoping!

Hope you have all had a lovely relaxing long weekend.

DTD
    Loan £13,339.81 (4.9%) Current End Date Dec 2020
    CC1 £3496.00 (0% for another 20 months)
    CC2 £2500 (0% for another 20 months)
    Total: £19335.81:eek:
  • DaringToDream_2
    Options
    So payday 2 and really demoralizing to see that the figures have barely gone down, despite having a bigger than normal paycheck, all because of that new phone. Really frustrating, but I suppose that I have to look at the positives that I was able to cover the phone without the debt going up! Just really wanted to get under £5000 this month as that would be a great psychological boost.

Figures stand at at

OD £958.07
    Cc1 £2849.53
    Cc 2 £1534.09

Total debt £5341.69 (was £5990 so £648.31 paid off last month).

At this rate it'll take me 8 months to pay it off so I need to up my game. I do have my work bonus hopefully coming in next month, and some cash back still to track so hopefully I can get this down. Will also update figures once all the payments have been credited to reflect eBay sales so hopefully this will go down some more!

Cheap day today as on expenses, gotta have as many no/low spend days as I can this month as OH is home towards the end of the month and I want some money left to be able to do stuff with him!

Hope the first day back after the bank holiday isn't too painful!

DTD
  • DaringToDream_2
    Options
    Another low spend day done, only spent £3.50 and that was from cash from my purse and also included posting a letter and an eb*y parcel. Everything else was on expenses, now waiting for £42.50 back in expenses claims which should all be in by the end of the week! Have had 1 buyer on eb*y not pay yet which is annoying since the auctions finished 2 days ago . Why do people bid if they don't want to pay!

Think body is rebelling at being back at work today, was meant to be having a healthy tea, but was so tired have had an oven pizza (got to love the comfort food!!). Had to take care not to scoff the whole lot though, but have so far managed to save a couple of slices for work lunch tomorrow.

So glad this is a short week. I have £14 left in my purse and a fridge/freezer full of food so hopefully will make it to the weekend without having to spend any more. Have a tradesman coming round to sort something out on the house tomorrow which will be £80, (budgeted for, but need to remember to take cash out on my way home). Then my parents are coming down Friday and are treating me to dinner, and then out with the girls saturday. Fun budget will cover saturday's spends but need to try and have a cheap week until then, don't want to be skint by the time OH comes home next!!

Spoke to boss at job 2 today, no work for me this month, but got my name against some stuff in June and July so every little helps.
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You're all over it :) sounds like a plan. Keep up the good work xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • DaringToDream_2
    Options
    Thanks kitten! This diary is really helping to keep me focused and plodding along!

Another low-ish spend day today. £1.22 on posting an eBay parcel and £5 in a colleagues leaving gift, is a friend so happy to put in that much but I seem to constantly be donating to leaving pressies at the moment.

Got a handyman round at the moment sorting out some stuff in the house. All budgeted for but alway find it awkward having strangers in my home! Just want it done so I can get on with my evening, but grateful he's been able to do it after work so I didn't need to take any more time off!

DTD
  • DaringToDream_2
    Options
    Quick update on balances.

OD £958.72
    Cc1 £2848.25
    Cc 2 £1530.00 (had to make it a nice round number, will do the same with the others when I can!!)

Total debt £5336.97

So tempted to pay off the £36.97 and get it down to under £5300 but fingers crossed will get a few more eBay sales and get it down there!
  • DaringToDream_2
    Options
    Evening all,

NSD today so feeling really pleased :j. Had a decent ish day at work and colleague treated me to a coffee which was lovely. My job involves so much travel that at times it can be quite lonely so really nice to spend time with colleagues, and even better when it's free!!

Cc debt has crept slightly up coz I forgot that my car insurance is slightly higher at the new house so they have charged the difference to my cc, which is frustrating and means I need to find closer to £70 to get under the £5300 marker, but is a challenge I will take on! I have a few eB*y listings and still waiting on cash back to become payable so hopefully will get there.

Still no news on job- been a week now so guessing it is bad news but frustrating to be in limbo not knowing!!
  • DaringToDream_2
    Options
    Spendy weekend, parents up last night and girls up tonight so have had to get more food in than normal (went a little bit off the rails in The supermarket in my excitement at having my first guests to stay in the new house) plus i'm out for lunch with the girls later. Special occasion so definitely worth it though. I have taken out cash and am aiming to use that and once it is gone it is gone, no putting anything on credit cards!!

Got out for a run this morning to try and work off the pub lunch I'll be having later. OH home in under 2 weeks now :D . Still no news on the job I had interviewed for, really hoped I'd hear before the weekend!

DTD
  • DaringToDream_2
    Options
    Another weekend flown by! Had a great time with my parents and my friends this weekend, and on course for a NSD today.

Spent quite a bit yesterday on lunch/drinks, but only £5 over what was budgeted for so not the end of the world. I had a really good time and it made me realise how much being skint has impacted on my social life because all my friends live quite far away now, and i cant often justify the cost to visit, so another incentive to get debt free.

OD £ £963.71
    cc1 £2899.71 (just paid off £3 to get it back under £2900)
    cc2 £ £1530.00

Total debt: £5393.42

Totals have gone up slightly as a few things to do with changing addresses on insurance policies have come out that i had forgotten about, and new house seems to be more expensive for insurance than old address, but logging it on here is definitely making me much more aware of what i'm spending. Been swagbucking and one polling today to try and get my totals closer to a cash out!

Wishing this month away at the moment. After seeing all my friends yesterday i'm feeling a bit sad and alone in my new house with OH away, and fed up of spending all my money on debt repayments. When i'm here on my own seeing people is so important, but i just can't afford to do it much, and i work such crazy hours and work so far away that making local friends is really hard. But i have loads of junk food in from when i thought they girls were staying over, so am going to go for a run and then settle down with a chickflick and some chocolate :D.

DTD
  • DaringToDream_2
    Options
    Another Monday, but at least that's one day closer to OH coming Home! Can officially now say he's home next week :D

Working in London today but work are paying for my travel and expenses so should hopefully be a Low spend day. Plus woke up to £120 cash back payable so have cashed it out and will pay that off one of the cc's when it lands in my account.

Yesterday wasn't a NSD in the end, was feeling sorry for myself so got a takeaway in the evening. No more junk or silly spending now until OH is back!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business