Add your feedback on energy supplier Powershop

Options

Comments

• Umiamz
    Umiamz Posts: 593 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    fewkeste wrote: »
    This may be a wise decision. Your Pure Planet quote is £60 less than a theoretical Powershop Top Shopper rate that you may struggle to achieve in reality.

No, Pure Planet is £60 more than the theoretical Top Shopper rate. This is for dual fuel, so the discounts available may be different. They do say that it's tailored to your actual usage (although everybody on here seems to be seeing the same ones).

I've contacted Powershop UK and asked whether I'm likely to achieve the Top Shopper rate, otherwise I'm not prepared to switch.
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Umiamz wrote: »
    No, Pure Planet is £60 more than the theoretical Top Shopper rate. This is for dual fuel, so the discounts available may be different. They do say that it's tailored to your actual usage (although everybody on here seems to be seeing the same ones).

I've contacted Powershop UK and asked whether I'm likely to achieve the Top Shopper rate, otherwise I'm not prepared to switch.

Sorry my mistake - yes of course £60 more expensive than Top Shopper may seem a big difference but, as I said above, Top Shopper may not be achievable in reality.

They tailor the value of the Powerpacks to your consumption. i.e. two different customers may be offered Special Packs with the same % discount but the value/amount of the Special Pack offered is what is tailored to your consumption - hope that makes sense.
  • irishesman
    Options
    I too am struggling with March and the 5.4% future pack. I have been offered 4 of them and now I see that I can buy each one twice. If I buy them all it will will total £145. My prediction for use in March is £190.
    By my calculations even if the give me the rest of the energy free i still can’t get to my top shopper rate.
    April’s pack has now appeared and the rates are the same, and give the same result.
    In fact if I want to achieve the top shopper rate, they will have to pay me to use electricity/gas in March and April. (Now that’s money saving)
    All I can think is that they expect me to buy all the packs, then they will apply some highly discounted ones during the month and the rest will rollover into the following months.
    What happened last year in the spring & summer?
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    irishesman wrote: »
    What happened last year in the spring & summer?
    I'm still interested. Assuming powerpacks are not tailored per user (and discount is always in %), is there a public record of the powerpacks that Powershop have issued? Guess it is like the stock market afterall...(past performance is not an indication of future performance...or lack of it.)
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • fewkeste
    Options
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    I'm still interested. Assuming powerpacks are not tailored per user

You've misunderstood. Powerpacks are the same % for customers but the amount of the Powerpack varies by your usage and how much credit you have. i.e. they are tailored by user.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    fewkeste wrote: »
    ...the amount of the Powerpack varies by your how much credit you have.
    Oh. Which way does that work? I'm guessing (they don't pay interest on credit) that the more credit, the bigger the powerpack?
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • fewkeste
    Options
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    ... the more credit, the bigger the powerpack?

No, the exact opposite - the more credit you have - the smaller the Powerpack you will be offered.

The main factor in the size of your Powerpack offer is your annual consumption; the amount of credit you have is a secondary adjustment factor I believe.
  • Equites
    Equites Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another time limited special pack is out - "Whizz-bang Special pack" with a 43.1% discount.
    Better than the last special pack in terms of energy equivalent quantity - about a weeks worth in my case.
    Going to need plenty more of these types of pack in the coming weeks to create a buffer to make up for the dire March/April future packs.
  • fewkeste
    Options
    Equites wrote: »
    Going to need plenty more of these types of pack in the coming weeks to create a buffer to make up for the dire March/April future packs.

Yes - every little helps. What on earth were they thinking offering such dismal discounts for Future Packs in the winter/early spring period. It might even spur some doubters to bite the bullet and leave ;)
  • Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Does that mean youre leaving fewkeste
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business