A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    in_need_of_direction Posts: 7,282 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 November 2017 at 11:14AM
    Options
    Well, shopping worked out well on fri however since then OH has had full blown man flu. Yesterday, I dragged myself out of my bed to do the 5k park run that is the completion of the couch 2 5k but it had cancelled as the park paths were untreated and therefore too icy. However, I returned home and with himself abed and out of the way I gained access to the kitchen and made up two different batches of soup. I've also identified items to be used in home made ready meals and I picked up some cheap freezer storage. Today I'm meeting a potential work ally for brunch so fingers crossed on that. I have partially sorted the freezer already so completing that will be a job for this afternoon as I have plans for some batch cooking that will further feed the freezer.
    Today I am grateful for
    Opportunities
    Unexpected contact from a friend
    Soup - it is soup weather
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Today I am grateful for

Soup - it is soup weather
    I am also grateful for soup. I just finished a batch. Enjoy yours :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    My house is a mess. It's untidy, grubby and in need of decorating in so many places. Today, I also have a report to get out the door. I've emailed the client advising that they will have it tomorrow and have booked the still "sick but in work" OH to review it this evening. So, here's the plan. My general waste, food waste and garden rubbish get emptied on fri. By then, all the downstairs rooms will be clean along with our bedroom, the bathroom and hall, stairs and landings. If I become really energetic, I will also gather up some garden debris and get shot of that.
    On Saturday, I dropped a bag to the hospice shop and have started a new one by default as there was one item left out by mistake.
    Today I have decided that it is just too easy to wallow and make excuses for inertia while letting undone stuff get me down. I am fed up waiting for payments to appear in my business account.
    Today I will get my report done, check my account at four o'clock and deep clean the bathroom. I will also eat home made soup for lunch and prep more food that will be part of the freezer stash. Yesterday, I got another two parts of the freezer sorted and three batches of meatballs with onions and mushroom, in a mushroom sauces, portioned and in there. The sauce was whoopsied as were the meatballs in last week's sainsbugs trip.
    There's more to be prepped and cooked up today but I'm running short of both storage and freezer space.
    Anyhow, can I ask anyone who visits to please nag and hold me accountable. The cleaning and clear out needs to happen by Thursday!

Today I am grateful for
    DD getting good news relating to a new profession for her
    The dog
    The radio
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Right INOD, get cleaning!

Also love your grateful post :)

Dxxx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,334 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you are on your way xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,059 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    :naughty: Nagging :naughty::)

I think we are in a similar boat as regards the state of our homes, the difference being that you have a plan to tackle yours. I have tidied my lounge today but don't have time to clean before work. Well, I did have time, but I chose to spend it otherwise. :D

Hope it's going well and congrats to your DD for what sounds like a possible exciting step forward.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    sorry peeps. it's clearly water off a duck's back! am off to jog club now
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Enjoy!

Dxxx
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    How did you get on with the cleaning today?

I am in a similar position and I also have bins/recycling/garden waste collected on Friday.
    We pay enough for these services so I'm aiming to maximise them this week!
    Off to do my second pile of dishes...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    So, the major clean is still pending and I've been dragged into doing something for my mother at ten today. This has come about due to my interfering sister who, of course, vents and talks a lot but then someone else has to deal with the fall out. Finally got my report issued yesterday and also had a meeting about a 3 day a week assignment for a quarter of my usual fee but I think I'm gonna go for it as
    It's a charity
    The days are flexible over the entire week
    I'm interested in what I'd be doing
    It's a guaranteed in one each month through to the end of March

I've also had a sniff of another assignment that should be around 2k which would be good. It's an organisation I've worked with before but, as usual, they're in dublin.

Yesterday, OH, dd and I met up in town to go to a pre planned meeting. This required OH to finish work early and DD to shift her day off and the person wasn't there. Other staff apologised but apparently couldn't accommodate another meeting that we could attend as they were too busy. I'm so annoyed and also concerned. We are giving them a major assignment and that is the response. I just want to pull it now. This relates to next year's big project and is just another setback. I'm incredibly disheartened. In addition,the manflu associated snoring is leading to disturbed nights for me. I don't cope well with a lack of sleep.
    This evening, I have a coaching session. I'm dreading it. My coach is the one person who can, and does, hold me to account. Also, by end of today, I need to revisit my manifesto.
    Today I am grateful for
    Shelter from the elements
    People seeing me as a possible credible supplier
    Friendship
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback