Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    :eek: to OH's parents.
    That is dire.
    Their loss.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    well mrs grinch went to dinner last night. i ordered soup as a starter - it was bland though the main was truly amazing. i had called to mother beforehand. i know why i bother, she's old and is my mother, nut i sometimes wish i hadn't. she's truly selfish and frequently mean but isn't going to change now. today i have been working in dublin and am staying over in what is now my regular hotel. it's not the cheapest, in spite of a discounted to me rate but it's lovely, has great parking and they let me park here even when i'm only down for the day free of charge. also, the breakfast is great which saves me buying lunch. i just eat whatever fruit i have brought with me. i can't see me getting any more pennies in this side of Christmas but, at least, that keeps the spending mildly in check. i'm shattered and have another early start tomorrow to be at the client for 8:15 so bed beckons.

today i am grateful for:
    safe travels
    a gift being well received by many
    a cup of tea given at just the right time
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Hope you have a peaceful relaxing Christmas inod. You deserve it.

:xmastree:
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    thanks SSG. Right back at you. well, the past week was manic. worked in Dublin doing ridiculous hours until we were kicked out on Thursday. went to most recent client on Fri to find them totally unprepared for me so I left after an hour and ran about like a demented thing. had a weird few days with some high points (DS made it home) and some lows (getting to the check out in a$da and finding out i had no purse).
    i'm not going to manage to hit my financial targets this year but, thanks to a client payment, i've managed to pay back the loan that i made my business account.
    this evening our dog has been sick a few times. she gets distressed when this happens and i hate to see it.
    you know, i didn't manage to get all gifts wrapped, some were just shoved in santa sacks but, guess what? the world didn't end. there's clearly a lesson in that.
    what i do want to do is to get my house cleaned between now and new year. next year will be a big one for me and i'd just like to start it with some structure in my home.

tonight i am grateful for
    my 30 something babies being home
    contact from family and friends
    cooking having worked out
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sounds like you had a hectic time of it.

Hows doggy?

Yay to your grateful list.

Dxxx
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Today it is three months to my 50th. The time will fly past and I really need to focus to make it count. Summit meeting planned with OH to work out things that we can get done, cheaply, time frames, etc. I will be back with cunning plans!
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Ooh looking forward to cunning plans :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Like the sound of these cunning plans and can't wait to hear all about them!

Dxxx
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Looking forward to hearing your plans inod.

Great that you were all together for Christmas and I liked your comment with regard to the Xmas wrapping. I decided this year not to buy any new Xmas wrap or tags as I still had tags and bits of rolls left from previous years. So everyone had had mis-matched presents but it still looked festive!:) very MSE I thought!:)

Are you planning anything special for your 50th?
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Loving the idea of a cunning plan :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback