We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Recommendations for replacement of HP SR2125UK

Options

Comments

• Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    DavidP24 wrote: »
    Oh I would have thought they sold via a website not eBay, I guess both.

I hope they sell via both.
  • ReadySteady_2
    ReadySteady_2 Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    Jo4 wrote: »
    I hope they sell via both.

Actually they don't sell via a retail website of their own. They supply stores, schools etc

But they do have an official ebay outlet.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/zoostorm-sales/About-Us.html

Contact Us

For all queries related to your order or delivery, you can contact us by phone or email
    Phone: 0344 800 0730
    Email: cs@zoostorm.com
    Got a Technical Support Query?
    Phone: 03448006183
    Email: support@zoostorm.com
    General Enquiries:
    Phone: 0844 800 6100
    Email: ebay@zoostorm.com
  • DavidP24
    DavidP24 Posts: 957 Forumite
    Options
    What is an official eBay outlet as opposed to just another eBay shop or eBay account.

I did not know there was an "official" eBay moniker, how to you apply for it?

Looks like anoher dzine-hub mini site uploaded to eBay about us page

To be honest it is nice to see British PC assemblers providing a living for themselves, so many have come and gone, it is a very difficult business. To hold any kind of stock is almost suicide, even Dell operate just in time manufacturing.

Mind you Dell have had massive EU grants to develop their facilities in Ireland, there was some upset when they got money to build another EU plant in Poland and then moved production from Ireland to Poland. Effectively getting money from EU to take work away from one nation state to another,

The inside of the Zoostorm machine in this thread looked tidy, although bit of a issue on quality control, can't imagine that PC was ever properly tested with a display.

0344 that is the new 0844, I refuse to dial those numbers, must take a look on SayNoTo0870
    Thanks, don't you just hate people with sigs !
  • DavidP24
    Options
    Oh it seems they are another CMS brand, and they DO have a website http://www.zoostorm.com/

That ebay page needs updating in regard to the 2015 Consumer Rights act, consumer have a right to reject faulty goods within 30 days for a no quibble refund.

Not 7 days and not at the discretion of Zoostorm if a like for like replacement can't be found.

Davidp24 wrote: »
    Which wrote: »
    30-day right to reject

Under the Consumer Rights Act you have a legal right to reject goods that are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described, and get a full refund - as long as you do this quickly.

This right is limited to 30 days from the date you buy your product. After 30 days, you will not be legally entitled to a full refund if your item develops a fault, although some sellers may offer you an extended refund period.
    Davidp24 wrote: »
    Zoostorm wrote: »
    Goods Are Faulty On Arrival:

If you find that your goods are faulty on arrival, then you are entitled to a replacement or a refund. Please note that you must contact us within 7 days of receipt of the order. In instances where we are unable to source a like-for-like replacement a refund will be issued.

Goods Have Become Faulty During Use:

If your goods become faulty after delivery, and within the warranty period, then you are entitled to a repair or a replacement. Please note that in instances where we are unable to source a like-for-like replacement a refund will be issued.
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 May 2017 at 10:24AM
    Options
    0344 that is the new 0844, I refuse to dial those numbers, must take a look on SayNoTo0870
    Calls to 03 numbers count towards inclusive allowances on landlines and mobiles on exactly the same basis as calls to 01 and 02 numbers.

If the caller has chosen to not have a deal with inclusive calls, calls to 03 numbers are charged at 'geographic rate' - the same as calling 01 and 02 numbers.

These rules were put in place by Ofcom in 2007 and there is no known non-compliance.

Check out the large, bright-red, text at http://www.sayNOto0870.com/ for the number lookups they offer.
  • ReadySteady_2
    Options
    Oh it seems they are another CMS brand, and they DO have a website http://www.zoostorm.com/

That ebay page needs updating in regard to the 2015 Consumer Rights act, consumer have a right to reject faulty goods within 30 days for a no quibble refund.

Not 7 days and not at the discretion of Zoostorm if a like for like replacement can't be found.
    Actually they don't sell via a retail website of their own.

I knew they had a website. Just not one for retail.
  • DavidP24
    Options
    Thanks for clarifying. Pleased to see such UK companies surviving.

It is a shame they do not have a retail website, people often use an eBay shop to drive traffic to their website.
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Are there any decent speakers, which would be compatible with the computer, for sale on Amazon?
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,992 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Jo4 wrote: »
    Are there any decent speakers, which would be compatible with the computer, for sale on Amazon?
    dunno...how about...
    http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=amazon+speakers
    or
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/search?action=search&keywords=speakers
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • DavidP24
    Options
    I would look on freecycle.org, I see them on there all the time. You can also put up a wanted ad there.

There is a soundbar you can get for that Acer screen on the original link
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure