Second time lucky... debt free diary.

Options

Comments

• charlies_tribe
    Options
    We have always had an online delivery on a Sunday morning but after the last few and having to keep ringing up, I said I wasn't having it this week. I think I could do with doing it online, but transferring it to a list. At least then I can get what I need from the cheaper shops first.

Oo, forgot on Wednesday we had them out to the gas meter to find out why it wasn't sending readings, after an hour we ended up with a whole new meter, I'm kind of wishing they hadn't fixed it, the amount of gas on the energy monitor is quite scary. While it's been cold we are using about £4 of gas a day.
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    I always do an online delivery. One I hate shopping with kids in tow and I always seem to have kids in tow! Two I don't really have the time to spare going shopping for at least an hour and three I don't spend as much if I do it online. I used to go to Aldi but found I spent more as I kept seeing things I liked!

That reminds me I need to do a meal plan for next week and a online delivery for Monday.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,221 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I generally find they send something I didn't want as well. There was one particular product I don't like which I kept getting... it's not so bad if spotted while the driver is still there, and I must remember to fill in the preferences, which I tend to forget.

Your idea of starting with a list for things from the cheaper shops, then going online sounds very money-saving. I've also swapped to a different supermarket because some are cheaper delivery than others.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • charlies_tribe
    Options
    Morning. Thank you for your posts. I'm thinking about doing a mr I order today. Need to see what's left in the freezer first.

Yesterday i spent £1 at work on a bar of choc and bag of crisps! I ad been doing so well, and don't usually eat at work, but it had been so busy i just needed a sugar boost.
    Then spent £2.25 on another pack of pants off the sale rail for DD2.
    Last night i set up a rolling contract for DD1 bus fare. That was £55 a month. it's 50p saving on buying it weekly but it'll run through holidays when i wouldn't have normally bought one, but i keep forgetting to order it. I'll just use it for work in the holidays, saving fuel in the car.

I'll catch up on diaries once DH has gone to work tonight.
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • charlies_tribe
    Options
    Today has been a NSD! We have had a lovely roast beef dinner and kiddies have had ice cream for pudding. I've spent a lot of today snacking so not sure how well i'll do on the scales tomorrow.

I've just looked at the accounts and even with the balance transfer fees the debt has gone down slightly, only about £70, but i wasn't expecting to see a slight difference until the end of the month.

Need to look at next months wages as DH wont have any overtime for a while, he has still got 2 weeks holidays to use along with the week he is off next week. If he can get them in, he gets paid an average of what he has worked the last 12 weeks, so will still get nearly full pay.
  • charlies_tribe
    Options
    Good Morning.
    A sofa payment has come out today.
    A busy day ahead. I need to clean, have shopping coming this morning, get showered and ready for work and drop DS at mil before i go. DH has to get up early and do gymnastics and swimming lessons. I'll get the rest of the shopping and meet him at the pool at 8.30 to come home for tea.

I've been on the scales this morning and i've lost my 4lb for Jan! I was quite surprised as the only thing i've really done is cut sugar from my tea and drank lots more water.
  • charlies_tribe
    Options
    Went to put some school clothes in the dryer last night and the towels in there were still wet,thought it was odd. DS went to get his trousers out of the dryer this morning and asked if i'd actually turned it on, i had, his trousers have been in for half hour on their own and still wet, he only has 1 pair for school so has worn them damp (yep i have a really 'bad mummy' guilt feeling, but if they had been in the wash Friday they would have already been done). I've put the rest of the washing back in. Its getting warm but they aren't drying and the condenser box is cold with no water in it. I think it has finally gone to dryer heaven.
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    Yeah, well done with the weight loss. I stayed the same this week which isn't surprising considering the amount of chocolate and biscuits I ate last week!

And boo to the dryer going to dryer heaven. Hope you can get yourself sorted with a new one.

Have a lovely, busy day!
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,221 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Alas and alack to the poor dryer. I hope you can get something sorted soon.

Well done for the weight loss, though! A really good start to the year :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • charlies_tribe
    charlies_tribe Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 23 January 2018 at 3:32PM
    Options
    Thank you both, unfortunately the only place i can notice the weight loss is the only place i could do without losing it from, but after 3 weeks i no longer need new bras... Guess it's money saving, right? Hopefully the rest will follow.

Spent the morning looking at dryers. I still have no idea. A cheaper condenser up to an A rating or a more expensive heat pump dryer but up to A+++ rated (average use is £40 a year saving, think we have way over average use). I will keep all receipts/warranties etc as we have only had this one just over 2 years and it had a 10 year parts guarantee... but i have no info for it and never rang to register when we got it. Will see what DH says when he gets up.

Yesterday was as busy as expected. Had a ratty customer that shouted at me, spent the next hour serving customers with a smile.. and tears streaming down my face! Things that probably shouldn't get to me at all are leaving me in tears (and now i'm off again!) I know i need to see the doctor, but i start tablets and never go back for the next lot. So now i feel like a fraud gong at all.

I fetched just what we needed after work as i realised i would have to carry it all down to swimming, so £8 spent. DH didn't have time for tea when we got back so took some money with him.
    Today i have spent £27 on a watch for DS, a toilet training one that i can set 8 alarms on to remind him to go to the toilet.
    Also need to sort out the girls money from christmas as they wanted books the other day, about £45 between them (DD2, the one that struggles at school, has found a love of poetry) so need to put that money back.

The entertainment/childrens account seems to have been hit this month but i think it's because of gym/swimming payments and the school trip payment.

Need to sort DH tax this week too and ring TC, i think i well over-estimated but would rather that than owe them loads back.

Right, off to get a shower before i fetch the girls as i only get an hour with them after school and don't want it to be spent in the shower.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback