IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

IAS APPEAL....feedback appreciated

Options

Comments

• Southernsoftie_jo
    Options
    Thanks Quentin. I!!!8217;m grateful for your comments. I can assure you I have spent many hours reading these threads but please correct me if I!!!8217;m wrong, on post #2 in the NEWBIE thread while I can see it states DO robustly reply, it doesn!!!8217;t state exactly how.
    I can!!!8217;t find anything regards HOW is the best way to reply - I!!!8217;m assuming you simply mean by letter as opposed to the Information Sheet and Reply form?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Quentin. I!!!8217;m grateful for your comments. I can assure you I have spent many hours reading these threads but please correct me if I!!!8217;m wrong, on post #2 in the NEWBIE thread while I can see it states DO robustly reply, it doesn!!!8217;t state exactly how.
    I can!!!8217;t find anything regards HOW is the best way to reply - I!!!8217;m assuming you simply mean by letter as opposed to the Information Sheet and Reply form?

Yes. .
  • Southernsoftie_jo
    Options
    I!!!8217;ve had a good read of old posts and while they have been hugely helpful am still unsure as to how to proceed over one element of my defence.

I am the registered keeper and was not driving the vehicle at the time of the alleged offence.

I have never discussed with the PPC who was driving, should I now mention this in my response to the LBC, and if so how?

I was thinking along the lines of requiring them to identify if they are pursuing me as driver or registered keeper

With many thanks!

PS don!!!8217;t know why I!!!8217;m shocked but realised they used the IPC logo on their signage illegally and BPA is on their website but they aren!!!8217;t a member!
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    PS don't know why I'm shocked but realised they used the IPC logo on their signage illegally and BPA is on their website but they aren't a member!
    I too don't know why you are shocked.

Nothing illegal there.

UKCPM are Corporate Members of the BPA - as shown here.

UKCPM are members of the IPC's Accredited Operator Scheme - as shown here.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have never discussed with the PPC who was driving, should I now mention this in my response to the LBC, and if so how?
    State that you were categorically not the driver and (hopefully) you have proof/witness as evidence.
    PS don!!!8217;t know why I!!!8217;m shocked but realised they used the IPC logo on their signage illegally and BPA is on their website but they aren!!!8217;t a member!
    They can be a member of both organisations (corporate style - updates on parking issues/laws, invites to parking conferences etc - signified by an oblong logo containing either BPA or IPC), BUT only one membership as an Approved/Accredited Operator - logo placed inside a roundel (that's the dangerous one!).

Keith beat me to it. :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Southernsoftie_jo
    Options
    Ok will state now that I was not driving. Nothing to offer as evidence annoyingly but can say with 100% certainty even though this occurred over a year ago I know the circumstances of how/when it occurred and I wasn!!!8217;t there! A shame that counts for nothing

This is a photo of one of the warning signs using ? a roundel for IPC before they became accredited members

http://tinypic.com/r/2da169w/9

Regards the IPC membership - they became accredited members AFTER my alleged offence but were using the logo

Does that even matter, I!!!8217;m thinking it!!!8217;s another valid point about them being a bunch of cowboys
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Regards the IPC membership - they became accredited members AFTER my alleged offence but were using the logo
    I can't believe that the date showing on the IPC AOS list is correct.

https://theipc.info/aos-members/u

Just check out the NtK showing on the PADI site which shows IPC AOS membership way back in November 2015. That seems more 'right' to me than that shown on the IPC list.

https://padi.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203717111-UK-Car-Park-Management-Ltd

I suspect something is askew with the IPC AOS website details.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Southernsoftie_jo
    Options
    Ok fair enough maybe it!!!8217;s a typo

So regards the who was driving issue, I don!!!8217;t understand the legality of whether they can make me reveal who was driving or if they really can chase me if they don!!!8217;t know who was driving. I!!!8217;ve read the POFA thing but am not getting it! !!!55358;!!!56614;!!!8205;!!!9792;!!!65039;
  • KeithP
    Options
    I agree Umkomaas, and that PADI link also shows a PCN dated July 2015 showing a BPA roundel.

Looks like they moved from BPA to IPC AOS sometime between July and November that year.
  • KeithP
    Options
    Southernsoftie_jo, it would be really good if you could turn off Smart punctuation on your iPhone/iPad as your posts are difficult to read.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure