IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

IAS APPEAL....feedback appreciated

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    They can't.

What can't they do, restart the claim or trouble OP again?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh ok I’m relieved! Haha, sorry this must be confusing for you all too!

My other thought is this

Is there any possibility that they would bring this claim against me again in the future?

I’m thinking to accept the offer with the terms that they never bother me again??
    Judging by post # 157, they are offering to walk away without asking for any money and, given everyone else's advice, snatch their hand off but do NOT miss the 12 o'clock deadline. Keep proof of accepting the offer, do it in writing.
  • Southernsoftie_jo
    Options
    Court still not able to advise if the fee was late or not so settlement offer accepted! Hope this is done with now ��
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    I would accept it and state you will require their formal notice of discontunance being received no later than ... else you will assume the hearing is going ahead and your costs (time off leave that you cant cancel, for example) will stand

Coupon - if they discontinue Res Judicata doesnt apply; it hasnt BEEN judged! But to discontinue a claim then file the exact one SHOULD BE an abuse of process, you would ask for it to be struck prior to allocaiton, formally in an application, and they would be liable for ALL your costs as there is NO costs protection at that point.
  • Southernsoftie_jo
    Options
    So I accepted their offer and have received a copy of their formal Notice of discontinuance to the Court.

Please can I celebrate now?!

Is there anything else I should be aware of, or consider in this situation? Can I expect to hear from the court?

Sincerely grateful for everybody’s time in answering my tedious questions. I’ve certainly learnt a lot about the process and feel proud to have stood up to these bully boys. I can sleep well knowing that I won’t be funding any of these lads trips in private jets which those behind UK CPM appear to enjoy.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes you can celebrate, you won at last, you beat the scam and came out unscathed! :T

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I accepted their offer and have received a copy of their formal Notice of discontinuance to the Court.

Please can I celebrate now?!
    Well done, celebrate away!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family