IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

IAS APPEAL....feedback appreciated

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I sent my DQ in before the deadline of 29th May. I received the email receipt from the court but it's not showing on MCOL. Do I need to chase this up or just wait now to get a court date?

Thanks!

They are over 3 weeks behind schedule with their admin.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Southernsoftie_jo
    Options
    Ok many thanks. Do you have any experience of the timescales for hearing dates after the DQ stage? I'm curious if a hearing would be in a few weeks or months?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Why not just search ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST and do the maths and learn from all the wins?

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Southernsoftie_jo
    Options
    Hooray, I’ve had a letter from the court and we have a date!

I’ve got about 3 weeks before I need to submit my witness statement to the court.

Does anyone know if you’re allowed to use video evidence? I was thinking of taking some video footage to demonstrate how impossible it was to know you had entered private land.

And if so how would I submit this - as an email attachment?

Thanks
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You need to provide the viewing equipment for the hearing
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Please read this thread which outlines how to organise the submission of video evidence.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=76049327
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Southernsoftie_jo
    Options
    When I submit photos within my evidence bundle, am I ok to print an image per page and then annotate it?

Eg on a site map indicate location of signs, use Google map to show how a mini roundabout was the only threshold between public road and private land

Thanks!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes that's fine, anything goes but make it easy for the Judge to follow. And re the video, you must submit that as well in advance (see the link given by Umkomaas).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Southernsoftie_jo
    Options
    Ok thanks. I want to include a photo of the Beavis sign, to demonstrate the standard as compared to the badly damaged signs in my case - although I referenced poor signage in my Defence I didn’t actually reference the Beavis case.

Is it still ok to include a photo from the case?

Thanks!
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Ok thanks. I want to include a photo of the Beavis sign, to demonstrate the standard as compared to the badly damaged signs in my case - although I referenced poor signage in my Defence I didn’t actually reference the Beavis case.

Is it still ok to include a photo from the case?

Thanks!

Why not? :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport