IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

IAS APPEAL....feedback appreciated

Options

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,383 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Some of the WS seems to be a reiteration of a defence, for example 2.1, just my opinion and feel free to ignore if you wish. I think you should include all letters, for example your point 1.10 and all evidence should carry an identifier such as SSJ_001 and then at the beginning of your WS you say "This WS is in support of my defence as already filed. Attached to this WS is a paginated bundle marked SSJ_001 - SSJ_099 or similar. If you search other witness statement examples in the NEWBIE sticky you will find the correct phraseology.
  • Southernsoftie_jo
    Options
    Ok many thanks. I think I’ve got confused over the difference between the defence and the WS.

Just to clarify, with your suggestion of using an identifier - does ‘SSJ’ have any meaning?

How would you label that in the evidence bundle....hand write on each letter?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ok many thanks. I think I’ve got confused over the difference between the defence and the WS.

Just to clarify, with your suggestion of using an identifier - does ‘SSJ’ have any meaning?

How would you label that in the evidence bundle....hand write on each letter?
    SSJ are your initials. Southernsoftie_jo

Obviously use your real initials in your real WS.
  • Southernsoftie_jo
    Options
    Got it! ��
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,383 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Got it! ��
    What he said. ^^^^^
  • Southernsoftie_jo
    Options
    WS submitted to court and Gladrags. Waiting for hearing next.
    Do most cases that have got this far go the distance?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Yes. Claimant will have paid the hearing cost
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    WS submitted to court and Gladrags. Waiting for hearing next.
    Do most cases that have got this far go the distance?

It all depends if Gladstones think they are on a loser to which they may well discontinue before court, will not be the first time.
    It's the problem a robo claim monkey has, not knowing what is really happening

Do remember you are claiming abuse of process by Gladstones which is something they must defend in front of a judge.
  • Southernsoftie_jo
    Options
    Can anyone explain what happens if the other party fail to submit their evidence to me by the deadline set by the court?

Thanks!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You claim prejudice (depending on how late it is served) and inform them that they will need to ask the court for relief from sanctions - Google it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure