Desperate for help guys

Options

Comments

• Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You can sometimes put a read receipt on the email, so you know it has been opened by someone. Might be worth sending it via recorded post too so you can prove delivery and receipt. Send it to the address for the company as held by Companies House as well as to the premises if different.
  • atlantis187
    atlantis187 Posts: 1,444 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    all the information I have wrote in the email I sent is that good enough as a LBA or should I add more stuff to it when doing and LBA?

Dear Mr Da Silva (DFCcarsltd.)

I have still not received the refund which was promised within the time frame you suggested 14 days by the (22nd May 2017).
    Today is the 14th day and still no money has been forthcoming.

As the manager of the company you are not willing to take my phone calls and not willing to engage in reasonably discussion with me in order to resolve the situation.
    Having sought legal advice I have decided to give you a further 14 days in which to issue me with a full refund of all the monies owed (£1850).

If the full refund has not been issued by the latest (5th June 2017) by which time you will have had a total of 28 days to issue the refund I will be left with no option but to pursue my losses through the County Court without further notice.

Thank You

I will type this up and send it signed for
  • Richard53
    Richard53 Posts: 3,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    engage in reasonably discussion
    If you type it up and send it, it's 'reasonable'.
    If someone is nice to you but rude to the waiter, they are not a nice person.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Options
    Mercdriver wrote: »
    You can sometimes put a read receipt on the email, so you know it has been opened by someone.
    A long way from foolproof. It's trivial to set most email clients to ask if you want to trigger the read receipt, or just to quietly ignore it.
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    A long way from foolproof. It's trivial to set most email clients to ask if you want to trigger the read receipt, or just to quietly ignore it.

Which is why I said it wasn't enough by itself.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    its been 14 days now guys and still no refund. Rang them today and they say something was up with their banking and its going to be a few more days yet.

Shall I give them another 14 days with threat of county court action if no refund issues as some people have suggested that I have spoken to (citizens advice) or shall I get the ball rolling just take it straight to court now?

p.s I have all the email correspondents where they have stated when the money will be paid back to me by.

For that sort of money. I would tell them I will be down to collect cash or they can refund onto the card if you paid by card.
  • atlantis187
    atlantis187 Posts: 1,444 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This is the letter I have drafted up. Does it read okay or do I need to add more to it?

Thanks

Dear Mr. Da Silva (Dfccarsltd)

I have still not received the refund which was promised within the time frame you suggested 14 days by the (22nd May 2017) for the above faulty vehicle which I returned to you. Today is the 16th day and still no money has been forthcoming.

I was hoping to resolve the issue amicably, as the manager of the company you are not willing to take my phone calls and not willing to engage in reasonably discussion with me in order to resolve the situation. I have already made you aware from my previous emails to you that I am fully agreeable to mediation and would consider any other system of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) in order to avoid the need for this matter to be resolved by the courts.

Having sought legal advice I have decided to give you a further 14 days in which to issue me with a full refund of all the monies owed (£1850).

If the full refund has not been issued by the latest (9th June 2017) by which time you will have had a total of 33 days to issue the refund which is a reasonable amount of time.

I will be left with no option but to pursue my losses through the County Court without further notice. The list of documents I will use to prove the money is owed to me is copies of sales receipt, various emails you have sent me where you have promised the refund.

Should I not receive a response to my letter within this time frame then I anticipate that County Court action will be commenced with no further reference to you.

Yours faithfully,

• Richard53
    Richard53 Posts: 3,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Richard53 wrote: »
    If you type it up and send it, it's 'reasonable'.
    *cough*
    If someone is nice to you but rude to the waiter, they are not a nice person.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Stuff like this needs to be done by post sent by recorded or special delivery so there is proof it has been received.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tarambor wrote: »
    Stuff like this needs to be done by post sent by recorded or special delivery so there is proof it has been received.

There's no such thing as recorded these days.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure